Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

12 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Going on a 10-days-trip visiting family and friends. Deciding which jeans to take along...the struggle is real! :D

I always bring a shitload of clothes but end up wearing the same shit exept for underwear and t-shirts. Maybe changing up the shirt game but that's all. :D

18 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Going on a 10-days-trip visiting family and friends. Deciding which jeans to take along...the struggle is real! :D

My thoughts are with you. Difficult times.

I just went through exactly the same thing. First I couldn't decide between slim and straight so i was forced into taking a pair of each. And then I couldn't decide between semi retired nicely worn in pair and newer work in progress pair so I was forced into taking a pair of each. 

Clearly my family would think I was mad if they could tell the difference between any of the four pairs of jeans. But I appreciate them all as individuals. 

Worked out ok in the end.

E516A47A-60A2-4451-849F-936CEBB704C8.thumb.jpeg.123487f97c44b09d96329e1e0b6488f3.jpeg

On 7/21/2020 at 2:44 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

^shipping was carried out by FedEx, no? FedEx still ships with no issues

I wish I had known this earlier.  I haven’t bought anything from overseas since March so all of my purchases have been domestic.  I’ve never dealt with getting an overseas shipment via fedex before.

@DoitsuJinIt doesn’t help that some people on Instagram are flaunting their purchases from the sale!  Kind of mad I skipped out on this one.

@mlwdp too bad you missed out, but given the ongoing COVID as well as the success of this edition, i'd bet my wages that they're going to do another online festival!

they had a good deal on a Fullcount X Addict Clothes jacket, would've copped if i didn't already own the non-collab style in a different color

6 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

I sure do hope so. Wish Hinoya were doing it as well as Junky. 

I wish Junky would accept international orders. Some of the Warehouse stuff they do is pretty cool.

If you have some time on your hands the Heddels Blowout Podcast with Moshin Sajid is worth a listen - especially the part on sustainability (environmental and general) in the industry. He's also pushing hemp like a drug dealer as an alternative to cotton and backs it up with reasonable arguments. 

I have a 50/50 hemp / cotton denim by Sauce Zhan (which I'm going to sell). I think bringing in different fibers could be interesting. They would evolve in different ways. Sugar Cane and a few cotton / linen shirts show that it can be done.

In my limited exposure to hemp, it didn't get anywhere as soft as cotton though, but then again hemp has not gone through hundreds of years of selective breeding (at least not focused on fiber softness...)

On 8/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, Broark said:

I wish Junky would accept international orders. Some of the Warehouse stuff they do is pretty cool.

Hmm, I just received a pair of Buzz Rickson chinos from Junky's store on Rakuten. I used a bogus JP zip code when filling out the form, put my address in and made a note on the order that I was requesting shipping to the US, but would understand if they needed to cancel the order. They sent an email confirming the address and offering EMS or FedEx shipping. The pants arrived in Brooklyn via FedEx three days after payment.