Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Live viewing preview of the sales the Inazuma Festival is having 

https://instagram.com/clutchmagazinejapan/live/18077522260207541?igshid=q1zupllxuny5

https://instagram.com/lightningjapan/live/17872267504805031?igshid=y8z4oqzx9ket

https://instagram.com/2nd_magazine/live/17846181764243568?igshid=rxnka5huvf03

edit:  live ended but Clutch has posted the story to view

Edited by mlwdp

Just gave away my TCB 60s to a neighbor's high-school-aged son along with some 3sixteen tees (the only thing I regret being tall for) and some other things that have been sitting for too long. I left a little message about what they are and why I like them, and his mom told me that he loved everything so much that he started reading up on all of them. I didn't really intend to spread our gospel, but I'm hopeful that maybe he'll spend all of his money on jeans instead of drugs and booze lol

Do any of you have friends/family that you share in this hobby with?

7 hours ago, Coolguyzack said:

Just gave away my TCB 60s to a neighbor's high-school-aged son along with some 3sixteen tees (the only thing I regret being tall for) and some other things that have been sitting for too long. I left a little message about what they are and why I like them, and his mom told me that he loved everything so much that he started reading up on all of them. I didn't really intend to spread our gospel, but I'm hopeful that maybe he'll spend all of his money on jeans instead of drugs and booze lol

Yes. For years I thought I was the only denimhead(for lack of a better word)in my country, but then when the denim community got big on IG I found out about a few more guys that are interested in this hobby of ours as well, and it’s been great since then. We hang out together every few months, share knowledge, garments etc. 

2 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Yes. For years I thought I was the only denimhead(for lack of a better word)in my country, but then when the denim community got big on IG I found out about a few more guys that are interested in this hobby of ours as well, and it’s been great since then. We hang out together every few months, share knowledge, garments etc. 

That's rad! My area must have a lot of likeminded people in it too, but I feel like their archeologist,  because I just find their cool clothes that they leave behind for me in thrift stores/grailed/ebay lol

I just have a few close friends who are generally into it, and then my brother that I help advise with purchases. It's amazing that we're big enough as a community to help keep some of these companies in business.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:16 PM, Coolguyzack said:

That's awesome! I've gotten my brother sort of into it over time, especially after going to Japan with him twice. He has several RJB and Freewheelers shirts, some loopwheeled t shirts, and a jacket from RMC as well as some shoes from Motor and boots from White Kloud. He isn't going to join a forum any time soon, but he likes the clothing. My girl has recently gotten interested in all of this as well. I never pushed her toward it, but it's fun to share it with her now. I guess both of them just spent too much time with me and it rubbed off on them.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:28 AM, DoitsuJin said:

@mlwdp

did you end up buying anything?

Nope.  Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle of “not shipping to USA etc” trend that’s been going on lately.  Was tempted to buy a ticket.  Leather jacket wise, I have my sights on Sunset Bay Leathers as I’ve been having conversations with that lately but haven’t fully committed yet since it would be my first overseas leather jacket purchase.

Did you buy anything?  Was it worth it?

51 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Nope.  Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle of “not shipping to USA etc” trend that’s been going on lately.  Was tempted to buy a ticket.  Leather jacket wise, I have my sights on Sunset Bay Leathers as I’ve been having conversations with that lately but haven’t fully committed yet since it would be my first overseas leather jacket purchase.

Did you buy anything?  Was it worth it?

ah, gotcha.  as far as i'm aware they were shipping to the USA, but with international shipping it's a hassle nonetheless.

i ended up buying a pair of derbies so it was well worth it.  they had a good assortment of jackets - addict clothes in particular had a wide selection from used to samples, all generously priced.  it was a usual inazuma festival with most of the items geared toward the japanese biker demographic.

the only disappointing thing was that the shop links were available for everybody to see - the ticket gave you access to a log-in that provided you with links to the shops that didn't require a login.  considering Japan's general inexperience in e-commernce as well as this being lightning's first attempt, hopefully they have a way to limit it to the ticket purchasers in the future.

no dice on that buco though lol, only available in a size 36!

Hey lads, do you know anything about ORIGIN MAINE jeans?

All handcrafted in America. They have those boots you like too. The jeans are very unique looking and elastic so maybe not your cup of tea. Also they make really good jiu-jitsu guis, very unique quality. As you seemed to know about Kung Fu Panda and showed a lot of respect to martial arts schools. 

Btw One of the partners is Jocko Willink ex navy seal that commanded seal team 3. Silver and Bronze star. Well, he trains Kung Fu panda (as some idiot in here joked about and I wonder how tough this expert is in fighting) and I guess Jocko,as a war vet, trains martial arts because he doesnt know much about fighting and you guys could advise him. 

Benny Urquidez trains and teaches some Kung fu panda bullshit martial arts with weird names. He was just the best full contact fighter ever but he should meet some of you so to get some advise. 

real life fighters as bodyguards security soldiers etc train those martial arts you guys disrespected. This is hilarious...and then you post pics of yourself wearing T-shirt’s lol

So guys, I have a sort of... am I the asshole(?) kind of posts. 

Sold a shirt online, provided measurements in listing. Buyer requests refund, stating that, and I quote: “Didn’t fit how a medium should fit“. For whatever reason, ebay said I was under no obligation to refund his money, and I could close the refund. If you all are more or less familiar with how ebay usually works, even if you don’t accept returns, they will bully your ass around until you refund the buyer, plain and simple. Decided that I will close the return, citing that proper measurements were provided in listing. Buyer gets mad at this point and escalated to a paypal claim.  So I provided pictures and documentation of the listing and showed that I had provided measurements, and my defense was that the responsibility of checking measurements falls on the buyer.

Fast forward a week, in a surprising move, paypal ruled in my favor and closed the case. I’ve seen in many threads where ebay/paypal almost always sides with the buyer because of eBay’s “money back guarantee”, even if the seller doesn’t accept returns. Anyway, you guys think that was an asshole move to not accept the return? I provided measurements, but he said it “didn’t fit like a medium should, and that I should have indicated so”