Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

16 minutes ago, buler said:

What was the coolant issue/fix?  My 2017 GTS is approaching 45,000.

B

The main coolant line that distributes coolant to different areas of the engine was cracked / leaking so they had to replace it.
I was out running errands at the time around 2 PM, got a notification that I needed to stop immediately as the engine was too hot.
Pulled over and called a tow truck, waited a couple hours and turns out the tow truck they sent broke down on the way to pick the car up...
Fast forward to almost 9 PM and they finally picked the car up. Quite the ordeal.

39 minutes ago, Broark said:

The main coolant line that distributes coolant to different areas of the engine was cracked / leaking so they had to replace it.
I was out running errands at the time around 2 PM, got a notification that I needed to stop immediately as the engine was too hot.
Pulled over and called a tow truck, waited a couple hours and turns out the tow truck they sent broke down on the way to pick the car up...
Fast forward to almost 9 PM and they finally picked the car up. Quite the ordeal.

Thanks! I'll be popping the hood later today and checking the lines.

B

I feel like Flat Head got me into raw denim but as I’m breaking in this standard Studio D’artisan denim it’s getting really awesome. Lots of texture coming out at 18 weeks and I’ve heard these are some of the slower faders. No edits done to this photo. 

B1F0B9DD-F1BF-43A4-82E1-C41A99888F2B.jpeg

Edited by Radiohead89

...folowing on from the contest thread, anyone remember a forum member in the early days called @suckdick ? if you posted some nicely faded jawnz, dude would post photographs of his own erect penis, sometimes ejaculating into girls underwear if they were really nice... last thing you want to see when you're eating your Special K :rolleyes: he's been wiped from the face of the internet...wonder what he's up to nowadays? i bet the law compels him to tell folks he lives in their neighbourhood...

Ah nice. @Double 0 Soul
I haven't seen any streets here that have the hedging like that by the regency houses - unless that was on Brunswick Square itself back when?

A real shame about the pier too. I was here for New Year's Eve just after it burned down and bits were still washing up on the shore. The new i360 is supposedly part of the west pier conservation effort, whereby, funds raised will be used to preserve the ruin. Will see if that ever actually happens. Chris Eubank offered to buy it...maybe a decade ago but was told no, turns out the powers-that-be would've rather seen it rot until recently, which is a real shame. 

Still, the seafront has seen a good amount of redevelopment lately and is looking the best it has in a century. 

Come down for a mooch about and a beer when all this is over. 

Yeah i should head down to Brighton again.. you're right, ive just pulled up my friends old apartment at Brunswick Place on google images and that photo isn't it, i just assumed that it was (they all look the same these Regency houses :)) i'm not 100% sure where i took that photo from but it's definately Brunswick, make it your mission for the weekend to place it. It was taken when the pier was in that state of disrepair, it's from the same roll of film.

In his old apartment he had one of the wooden 'face in the hole' novelty photo boards from the pier hanging on the wall in his dining room, it had a Victorian strongman with curly tash in a stripey leotard, ive got photo's of us all somewhere with our faces in it...

Ah I've just twigged  - it's where the Brunswick Square Hotel is now. 
you must have been stood inside the park facing the houses on the left as you look toward the sea. 

Here it is: 

Brunswick Square Hotel

I probably stick my face in those cut outs every time we're on the pier - rude not to. Then quickly advance to play push pennies and waste quite a lot of money, all in 2 pence pieces followed by a bag of chips and a ride to make you feel sick. Do all these things and you've 'completed' Brighton.

Edited by UkeNo

After all the chat about cars I thought I’d go out for a walk - well the shielding order was relaxed a little bit so why not.

Fortunately I got up early enough to catch the post (not everything can be faxed) ...

480A74AD-6A46-4572-BFCA-F3EEE706889C.jpeg

I like the sea front on low tides - much more interesting (rock pools and all that) and you can the great smell of the sea

AEDF9AEC-9A88-49D3-9774-0021D571405B.jpeg

All the kids have been painting rocks and pebbles during the lockdown and placing them all along the promenade - expressing themselves (there are paintings and pictures of rainbows on the windows of nearly every house that has primary school age kids) better than most adults

F1321FA0-F325-4320-9DA2-7662ECACC8C0.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

13 minutes ago, Flash said:

To anyone who has painted arcs on a pair of jeans..... what paint did you use ? Acrylic ? Did it hold up well ? 

You can actually buy fabric paint but if you want to do it properly.. find a friendly screen printer, send them an image of the arcs, they would make a small silk screen and screenprint them on perfectly, the ink they use is heat cured so it stays wet for eternity until its heated to a certain temprature for a specific period of time, basically your jeans will travel on a conveyor under a heater. It will cost a lot more than DIY, i would guess at £30-£40 but if you're spending CSF money on jeans it's a drop in the ocean..

Stencil smudges too much , actually cut one out of 0.8mm stainless steel on the lazer at work ( this was a few months back ) but it was useless ... the card one I made after done a better job but it still smudged . Ended up doing one free hand and while it was better than the others it just didn't look how I wanted it to 

Edit . It was actually 1.2 stainless I made it out of 

Edited by Flash

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Did anyone ever read this fine publication? I’m thinking @MJF9 

F4317704-02B6-4C80-A3ED-B2CF6FF4A7C5.jpeg

I was but a nipper when this was out. Haven't read it.  It's by Peter Hooton of The Farm fame.  

Just done a quick google and the collection is going for £75 used.    

Are you reading it now?  If so, what's the verdict?

I bought that ‘collected works’ edition when it came out, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I bought one for my sister originally as she was at Liverpool University in the late 80s/early 90s and thought I’d get myself one. Some of it is very good, a real snapshot of the time, musically, politically, culturally and sportingly. It’s great to see the adverts and mentions of all the old shops and bars, etc. Other parts read like the Viz letters page though! Worth a shout for the £20 I paid but £75 is stretching it a bit.