Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I tried to buy a V70 R earlier this year, but by the time I messaged the guy (3 hours after posting) it had already sold—c'est la vie

Settled for a 2.5XT Outback, which has been doing the trick just fine

Turbo wagons are truly the answer to everything

I drive a Ford Focus. My first new car. Bought it in 2007 

but working construction I’m realizing how badly I need a pickup. 
Wife and I agreed that when I get my journeyman card in a few years than we can afford me getting a pickup. 

2 hours ago, Suitedupmon said:

What do you drive @aho?

I've got a 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT. It makes me sad that one day I'll have to give this car up. I really wish I could find a 2002 Outback sport...

Actually driving a 2019 Crosstrek, but would love a WRX someday...Curious to see what the next gen will look like next year (if that's still on track). Dunno if you're in to this sort of stuff, but this vid will potentially get you hyped about your car:

Delighted that the previous discussion fizzled out and gave way to Volvos (and other cars). As a Swede I wholeheartedly approve!

On the same note here’s the only car I’ve ever owned, SAAB 9-5 2,3t from -03

5A11AC56-CF86-4BC8-A19E-D7C681DF7FE5.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I live by the mantra.. "never spend more than the cumulative cost of your denim collection on a car"

Tis why Tilmann drives a Maybach :D

they cruise the "how many pairs of jeans do you have" threads... one day, you get the invitation

and Birkins for all your lady friends

I was told (by my Japanese petrolhead pal) that I could have bought this instead of what I have in my wardrobes ...

1EBC68D3-724C-4604-B987-4155D2B4555D.jpeg

... I told him I’d rather walk than drive that, and anyway I’ve some good coats so the weather isn’t a problem

Edited by Duke Mantee

1 hour ago, Spiraltoy said:

Delighted that the previous discussion fizzled out and gave way to Volvos (and other cars). As a Swede I wholeheartedly approve!

On the same note here’s the only car I’ve ever owned, SAAB 9-5 2,3t from -03

There's a blue 1980's SAAB 900i nr where i live, it looks tiny by todays saloon car standards, i love it but im afraid it only comes in at #3 on the greatest things to come out of Sweden list, Volvo and ABBA being #1 and #2....obviously!

I did a stint with vintage BMW E30's 320's & 325's

This was the last of my E30's which i sold when my mrs was preggers and bought something safer.

IMG_2229

I paid £400 for that bad-boy B) probably cost me £4000 nowadays

My car history...

My first car was a VW Beetle followed by numerous aircooled v-dubs this went on for a good 12yrs, they wern't great in the winter so i ran a Series1 Landy through the snow.

Bought a couple of stupid Japanese imports.. CRX V-Tec and a 300ZX

Moved onto old BMW's^

...nowadays it's old Volvo's

Ive had a couple of other cars inbetween but just stop-gaps..

44 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I did a stint with vintage BMW E30's 320's & 325's

This was the last of my E30's which i sold when my mrs was preggers and bought something safer.

IMG_2229

I paid £400 for that bad-boy B) probably cost me £4000 nowadays

My car history...

My first car was a VW Beetle followed by numerous aircooled v-dubs this went on for a good 12yrs, they wern't great in the winter so i ran a Series1 Landy through the snow.

Bought a couple of stupid Japanese imports.. CRX V-Tec and a 300ZX

Moved onto old BMW's^

...nowadays it's old Volvo's

Ive had a couple of other cars inbetween but just stop-gaps..

the white whale has more of a gentleman-esque allure to it. That bimmer looks too aggressive ; ) 

I had no idea we had so many car enthusiasts around here! 

My first car back in high school was an ‘86 MR2, then a ‘91 celica alltrac, had a ‘02 Mercedes c-230 kompressor coupe briefly, then an ‘03 bmw 330ci for like 9 years. Wife (girlfriend at the time) had a 325i. 

Lately it’s just the civic hatchback and tacoma for us, both manual transmission of course. Came a point in our lives after having BMWs that we got tired of wondering what issues are going to arise on any given day. That said, both of these current two were bought brand-new within a couple years ago and both have had their fair share of recalls. Seems like cars of all makes have gotten very complicated, albeit safer etc. Just don’t make them like they used to :/

E19390F2-2375-465F-9034-85E51157808F.jpeg

406B7F7B-C333-4A79-AA9B-5017AAE3B22C.jpeg

I'm not really a car enthusiast anymore, if i take out driving to foxy's house on Eigg and driving to London to pick up my bike i probably do less than 1000miles/yr and this includes work miles, on the plus my car insurance is only £119/yr fully comp :D

When i drove to Eigg we left at 12.30am to catch the 1 ferry/day over to the island which left the mainland at 10am, luckily i took my dad's car instead of the old Volvo because i had to absolutely fucking cane it through the highlands doing 90mph+ through torrential rain on roads im not familiar with in a car i'm not used to driving after only a couple of hrs sleep, we left the road twice understeering/aquaplaning around corners but made it with 15mins to spare...phew! my kid kept complaining that the seats were too hard and he wished we had taken the old Volvo...

Looking back ive only had two car crashes in 30yrs of driving and both were in the Honda and Nissan, i remember at the time my car insurance for the 300ZX was £2200/yr :o maybe they were just too fast for my driving abilities or maybe the crazy power brings out the worst in peoples driving...

I love the old Skyline @d-rew12 that'll be worth a few quid nowadays, let's have a look under the bonnet?

The truck looks great @chicote like something from the A-Team, we don't see many American cars on the road over here apart from the occasional yellow Mustang thanks to middle age men having midlife crises.