Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

@Duke Mantee

Agreed,  I was just chipping in on my experience of Beams. 

On the subject of availability, have you all got an Amazon JP account?  Loads of brands (two moon included) , good prices, excellent shipping, import estimated up front, returns are easy. 

Once they even randomly refunded me a few quid as the exchange rate changed between me placing the order and shipping! 

Also, similar to Unders point about Eight G, Loopwheeler have an obsessed following in JP, have a well run webstore and Amazon JP store but pretty much ignore international customers.

Edited by Geeman

4 hours ago, Broark said:

I haven’t yet, someone mentioned he only sold pairs in person at the moment. Maybe I’ll give it a shot. :ph34r:

Yeah, last time I sent him an IG message that was the situation. The denim he is using looks so wonderfully crispy. Do let us know if anything changed when you ask him!

3 hours ago, unders said:

He said to keep an eye on his Instagram account as he may ship internationally in the future. 

Very promising! Let's hope it comes to fruition one day.

12 hours ago, Flash said:

What's your view on a brand like two moon ? If it was more accessible outside japan would it be more popular ? They basically do a bit of everything 

Hey I've got two of their sweats, really, really nice and quite good value, Never really liked the look of their tee's though, with the big dumb graphics!

Really wish we had mods so we could delete posts right about now.
Spamming your contest PDF in every single thread isn't going to accomplish anything Ed.
Good luck getting anyone to join, at 330 bucks and everything else associated with the contest launch I think I'm good.

austin thank you for cancelling thats whtas happening right now in the world dude  you take care man karma is a bitch

its just an advertisement its not spamming im no spammer.

Right, because I'm really concerned with what you think. :rolleyes:
It's spamming when you're posting it in like 10 different completely unrelated threads.
Keep it to your contest thread and even the WH thread, if someone wants to join the contest they'll see it there.
No reason to bump every thread known to man just to spread your advertisement.

Good luck with the contest, genuinely interested to see how many participants you get.

youll know soon how many well have. it aint about  the amount of people innit its mores of the quality of the contest duded

stop negging me or cancelling people out you take care out  man.

Ed I think you should post it on the Tcb contest threrad too, many people are still on the fence and perhaps the WH measurements may work better for them :D

what a clown!

reported

34 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

You know what's really crazy? Edmond is one of about 4-5 SuFu members I've met in real life.

Alden Indy?”, he asked.   I was in town for a few days, @Power Plant mall, in Makati, about a decade ago.  Only SuFu-er I’ve ever met IRL. 

‘Talked for some time ... like I’ve known him for a long time.  Even invited me for a luncheon that weekend, but had to decline, as I was flying back.

Nice guy, really ... :rolleyes: but, hey ... idk why peeps do what they do on da nets :ph34r:

18 hours ago, unders said:

Yup, no dice with BOT. 

He said to keep an eye on his Instagram account as he may ship internationally in the future. 

This amuses me.  Why not ship now given the market interest?  What would trigger a decision to ship in future?  

Suppose it could be Covid related though I thought that was the pre-Covid position

Suppose it will bring that yippee-new-stuff-buzz when/if BOT succumbs to market forces

11 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

This amuses me.  Why not ship now given the market interest?  What would trigger a decision to ship in future?  

Suppose it could be Covid related though I thought that was the pre-Covid position

Suppose it will bring that yippee-new-stuff-buzz when/if BOT succumbs to market forces

Maybe he’s still trying to hone his craft and prefers to do in person fittings? That’s how his website reads if I recall correctly. 

Sometimes one person operations may not want the hassle of packaging, shipping (especially internationally) and dealing with customer/admin queries, parcels going astray etc, particularly if they’re doing OK with their existing business model.

11 hours ago, edmond said:

austin thank you for cancelling thats whtas happening right now in the world dude  you take care man karma is a bitch

its just an advertisement its not spamming im no spammer.

since when has advertising ever been free. when it is unauthorized it is spam.
if you want to advertise send me a note and i’ll give you options. Ed. you have been around long enough to know that.

-----

edit. Just wasted 30 minutes of my life going through this shit.

the system has auto banned edmond indefinitely for reaching over the limit of 10 points. (3 points for unauthorized advertising)
i don't even know how to override this setting.

@Double 0 Soul, I decided to carry this over to "General Nonsense." I watched Beasts of Burden. It was cool. A nice time capsule of the early '90s. It led me to Proof of Delivery which might be a little more polished in its production, but also SF, this time 1987. The music is also great on Proof. I like going further back with these. Today's messenger culture is super self aggrandizing whereas these early heads just did it because they were fuck ups, disenfranchised, etc and it's just the job. As the culture evolved, that lifestyle became "cool" and the participants became prophets of "cool style," #messlife, and it's no longer the same place for misfits and outsiders. Same shit happened with skateboarding from the '90s into '00s. That's not a total gripe against it, but more an observation and a fondness for these characters on screen in these two documents.

Good init, even though they were living on the edges of society being paid peanuts they were only to eager to help each other out and enjoy each others company..

You might know @Jared_Lee or anyone else for that matter... i'm a massive fan of the Ululation soundtrack from 'A Visual Sound' i'm pretty sure non of their music ever got released so ive converted the video from youtube to MP3, i find the sound of boards in the background only adds to it... there was another skate vid with a jazz soundtrack which came later, i would guess around 1996, which i can't seem to find any evidence of, i thought it was Stereo but it can't be.. i can't even remember who the skaters were but they were all dressed as Mexicans in the pre-skate skits, with handlebar mustaches, sombrero's and poncho's, any help tracking this down would be much appreciated.

22 hours ago, superfuture said:

edit. Just wasted 30 minutes of my life going through this shit.

It's déjà vu all over again.

You think this is bad, just wait until you wade in the the endless debates on what makes a "period correct" '44 cut.

Sometimes when you stare in the void, the void stares back.

Edited by 501XX4EVER