Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Speaking of, happy Father's Day to all the forum denim daddies. Innuendo intentional as this really is a fetish property, isn't it?

What masks are y'all wearing?I've just been wearing disposable ones so far. 
Seeing that COVID is heating up in Texas right now I should probably buy a better long term reusable one.

I got 2 f/ RFG - denim and wabash, same as aho and JDelage. Also 2 f/ Tate + Yoko: their double chambray is actually too thick, so thick someone else can't hear you talking. The other one is lighter and easier to hear through. The pattern seems like a good idea, where it's sculpted around the bridge of the nose, but the size L doesn't fit my face very well and it slides down. The RFG are cut large and covers my face well and doesn't move around. I hand wash them in the kitchen sink. 

Also, I got some ear savers f/ Etsy. An old friend of mine is a snowboard maker and engineer. He been making ear savers and face shields for medical industry. SeansMakerSpace. There are other makers that offer them too. Good idea of you have to wear a mask for a long period of time. 

Our office is supposedly opening back up soon, so I might be wearing one for long periods of time.
Seems like the Railcar one is popular, 18 bucks on sale right now seems like a good price.
The Runabout ones seem nice but a little pricey. The 45RPM ones also look nice, 3 for $45.

I just bought 2 Wolford masks yesterday. Wolford makes luxury hosiery, and that skill set, IMHO, is more easily applied to masks. I chose the product because it's actually shaped, and it has a wire to shape the mask around the nose.

https://www.wolfordshop.com/care-mask

(And no, I didn't get the lace model...)

(They were 20 Euros in France. They're more expensive in the US.)

I do have a couple RGT masks, and I find that they wear hot. It's not a big deal when outdoors, but when spending some time indoors it gets pretty sweaty underneath it. I also find that the air circulates around the mask rather than through it, but that's true of most of those unshaped fabric masks.

Edited by JDelage

I'm weary of anything duck or denim due to breathability but the Railcar has been good with lots of coverage. I wouldn't recommend Kiriko which I've mentioned before as it's much too thick/woolish for summer or Texas heat. 

Not denimhead related but I'm also waiting for the Uniqlo masks to drop in the US lol

Would've dropped for 45rpm as they were one of the first to reveal a design, but I think they need to be tied right? 

37 minutes ago, Flash said:

What's your view on a brand like two moon ? If it was more accessible outside japan would it be more popular ? They basically do a bit of everything 

Certainly based on their sweats (as we mentioned elsewhere)

12 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

The same could be said for Beams, which is also a good brand.  

I think Beams is much more fashion led and I think is quite well represented in a number of western outlets (at least UK based)

I put Eight G in a similar camp. They seem to be pretty big in Japan (in their respective market) but aren’t arsed about exporting. They feature a lot in Lightning magazines. That said I’m not sure I’d go for them as the back pocket stitching doesn’t appeal, but that can be easily fixed. 

I’d probably be game for Two Moon, but have to confess, if it wasn’t for the TCB comp I’d probably be hunting some of those Bridge Of The Times. 

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Beams is quite good value and Beams Plus is the nicer line. 

I have a lot of there stuff, really nice. Preppy vibe.

I’ve bought a few bits and pieces in the past too - quite nice ... preppy is a good description. I think @Flash was thinking on brands less well known or available out with Japan rather than comparing one against another. Beams has been or is available at Goodhood, Mr Porter, Peggs, Hip Store, End to name but a few, I’m not sure the likes of Two Moon is so widely available?