Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Late to the peanut butter party... didn't like it for most of my life... but during lockdown... peanut butter and jam (or honey) on toasted bagels anyone?? Have it.

I also found this - smooth as all them lovely doggie's coats... 

Almond butter.PNG

wanted to give a shout out to Rain at Indigo Proof for the hem-job on my Kinda Specials. She is the best in the business at least in the US and unlike repair jobs there isn't a wait-list for hemming. Mine took about 10 days round-trip.

12 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Late to the peanut butter party... didn't like it for most of my life... but during lockdown... peanut butter and jam (or honey) on toasted bagels anyone?? Have it.

During lockdown/lack of food deliveries i re-discovered the joys of the banana and Nutella sandwich, it reminds me of european holidays as a kid, that and Oringina when it used to come in those lovely round bottles..

My kid thought it looked revolting and stuck to a pain au chocolat... my 10yr old obviously has a more cultured pallette.

Judging from some of the spats, negativity and micro-feuding across some of the threads, I think that lockdown is getting the better of us and impacting our usual standards of tolerance and courtesy (me included). Or perhaps we’re just heading back to the Sufu of old, in a time-honoured cyclical fashion!

@Maynard Friedman I honestly left Sufu alone for a long time because I just found many of the folks, their obsessions and attitudes pretty lame and quite irritating. I know I am one of the lames in my own obsessions, hence the avatar, but there are levels to this shit. Haha. Work furlough definitely put me back deep in the forums with too much time on my hands and after spending more time here, I just haven't been able to keep my mouth shut where I was able to as a far less frequent visitor. Oh well, back to work next week and infrequent appearances for contest updates ahead! Your quips are always appreciates, by the way, ;)

Ive quite enjoyed the period of lockdown, the slow pace with the family has given me a whole new perspective.. just wait till next month when the economy starts to bite.. if you think we're bickering about weight gain, resistance bands, casual racism and fake sneaks now it'll be all out war in a few more weeks :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve been working from home throughout and will continue to do so and I think it’s just made me bitter that I haven’t been furloughed and enjoyed some time off like so many other f@ckers! :laugh2:

True that. Looking out the window seeing bastards tanning themselves whilst I’m only paid 20% more and am working my arse to the bone!

Just now, Flash said:

Well I just got served my walking papers this morning , signed for my redundancy package so me and Jack will be doing the misses head in for another bit 

Sorry to hear buddy. 

How many pairs of CSF are you buying with your payout? :ph34r:

Sorry to hear that Ryan, but hopefully you’ll get another job soon and have a bit of spare wedge too.

EDIT: just seen your reply - the new Conners WW2 P45 model!?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Certainly would have been easier to enjoy furlough if we'd had access to leisure activities beyond cycling and motorcycling. Also much easier to enjoy had there been any assurance that furlough wasn't leading to layoff. So sorry to hear about your redundancy, @Flash. I have not lost perspective that thus far my situation has been very fortunate all things considered.

7 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Sorry to hear that Ryan, but hopefully you’ll get another job soon and have a bit of spare wedge too.

EDIT: just seen your reply - the new Conners P45 

Ordered another ww2 and another 46 

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve been working from home throughout and will continue to do so and I think it’s just made me bitter that I haven’t been furloughed and enjoyed some time off like so many other f@ckers! :laugh2:

Eh Maynard, it sounds like you need to buy some rubber bands, go the park, break a few branches and ride your bike, fast and dangerous, around the pedestrian paths screaming 'furloughed f@ckers'

It might get it out your system... until Monday's 8am 'stand-up' meeting :laugh:

Edited by MJF9

4 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Judging from some of the spats, negativity and micro-feuding across some of the threads, I think that lockdown is getting the better of us and impacting our usual standards of tolerance and courtesy (me included). Or perhaps we’re just heading back to the Sufu of old, in a time-honoured cyclical fashion!

Where’s this?

i didn’t know SuFu before and it seems ok to me ...