Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Mr Porter sale started today’s so no issues on buying Beams, Blue Blue Japan, Gitman, RRL, etc.  No shipping issues with them, just have to jump on what you want early.

Edited by mlwdp

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Ive been watching that 4pt documentary on CH4 about the Peter Falconio murder or maybe not?? flippin eck, it's mad convoluted, only Poirot can sort this mess out.. final part tonight, i'm hoping for some answers...anyone else been watching it?

Got sucked into it on the first episode. 
Bizarre.

Anyone got a lead on a ProxFH05 in size 34 or larger? I messaged pronto and their site says I’m out of luck. Maybe you magicians know better 

5 hours ago, cmboland said:

Anyone got a lead on a ProxFH05 in size 34 or larger? I messaged pronto and their site says I’m out of luck. Maybe you magicians know better 

I recall from my time at Flat Head that this cut is basically the same as the SE05BSP or 3002. So if neither of those work for you, I don't think the Pronto model will either. I'd think the 3012 would get you better results - just my two cents.

7 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I recall from my time at Flat Head that this cut is basically the same as the SE05BSP or 3002. So if neither of those work for you, I don't think the Pronto model will either. I'd think the 3012 would get you better results - just my two cents.

Dang I’ll take your word. 3012 is ideal but I can’t find a pair anywhere in the world in 34. I have a pair of 3009 in 36 coming from BF but I might taper a bit if they fit 

Rakuten has sent this email:

New service Alert!! Rakuten Global Express's Proxy Payment Agency!!

Dear Esteemed Customer,

Thank you very much for using Rakuten Global Express.

Have you ever faced difficulties in using your credit card on Rakuten Ichiba Japan? Can't buy that book you want? 

Let us take care of it. From June 11th we are pleased to introduce a new service: Rakuten Global Express's Proxy Payment Agency.

This service will enable you to purchase books from Rakuten Books and other products from Rakuten Ichiba merchants that do not accept credit cards issued outside of Japan.

To be able to utilize this service, you must fulfill the conditions below.

1. Completed user verification process for Rakuten Global Express.
2. Subscribe to the service for free.
3. Purchase on shops that are listed in Rakuten Global Express's Proxy Payment Agency page.

For more detail about Rakuten Global Express's Proxy Payment Agency click the link below.
https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/help/proxypayment/?lang=en

To apply for the service click the link below.
https://secure.globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/mypage/profile/

We hope you can take this opportunity to purchase your favorite books from Rakuten.

I'm always on the quest for the perfect peanut butter, it's always been Sun-Pat for me, not so much for the flavour but more nostalgia.. it's one of those comfort foods which reminds me of childhood, a slice of Americana from a pre (UK) convenience food age. Meridian is too earthy and adult for what i seek, same with Whole Earth, Pic's is too hard to spread...ect 

Anyhow.. I went to Morrisons at the weekend because i couldn't get a click and collect food order, i haven't been to a Morrisons for years and spotted 'Proper Nutty' it's made in Yorkshire and this one was jarred by Kevin

IMG_9544

Damn! it's everything ive ever wanted in a peanut butter.. i tried to buy more online but it's £7.99 +ship for 2 small jars, this one only cost me £2 from Morrisons reduced from £3, i'm going back this weekend buy a tray.

I’ll look out for that Neal. We usually get Pip & Nut Crunchy (good) or Meridian Crunchy (OK) if P&N not available as they’re the 2 best varieties usually in stock at Sainsbury’s. The other week Mrs F went into Waitrose and bought Manilife Roast Crunchy Peanut Butter. Best I’ve had by far but very expensive.

63DBB89E-E277-4529-8419-FDB2C9B325D2.jpeg

well done Kevin! :D

I do love peanut butter but Italians don't understand it unfortunately. I can either get utter Unilever shite (Calvè) or equally unsatisfying vegan/too healthy stuff.

A friend of mine swears by the Marmite Peanut Butter...what the hell! i love Marmite (especially with beef dripping on a white breadcake, a northern delicacy) and Peanut butter but don't mix them together ffs!

https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v2/media/ghs/66e9680c-09dd-4c35-bbd5-e46161ceb449/snapshotimagehandler_1428612676.jpeg?h=540&w=540

Ive seen Manlife at Holland & Barrett Martin, i seem to think it was in the £3 to £4 price bracket, so not mad expensive, ive bought almond and cashew butter from H&B, it's pretty darn good...but it's no Proper Nutty :D

I’m afraid I can’t contribute to the peanut butter conversation as I’m not a fan (I know, boo hiss me) but I’m glad of the food chat as Mrs Unders made these beasts earlier today. Yorkshire puddings in balti dishes. Not convinced it’s fusion cuisine in the true sense, but I’m impressed! They were about the size of an adult face.

454EF9C5-0E2E-4FA0-BB19-73253A70BD5D.thumb.jpeg.612e7e5da732089f14b5dd4c1b9f116c.jpeg

^^I don't envy the person who's job it is to scrub that enamel tray..

If you're ever up in Malham, North Yorks, check out Sunday lunch at The Buck Inn, they serve it with the greatest yorkshire pud ive ever seen, even better than my mums... better still for desert they serve the same massive pud warm from the oven and filled with icecream of your choice, its ridiculously good!!

She is pretty smart , only had her since Sunday and she is already going to the door when it's time for a pee . Have to keep an eye on Jack though , he's trying to get her to chase remote control cars and everything 

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

^^I don't envy the person who's job it is to scrub that enamel tray..

If you're ever up in Malham, North Yorks, check out Sunday lunch at The Buck Inn, they serve it with the greatest yorkshire pud ive ever seen, even better than my mums... better still for desert they serve the same massive pud warm from the oven and filled with icecream of your choice, its ridiculously good!!

Thanks for the recommendation. The dessert sounds amazing. I’ll be sure to remember for the next time I’m up that way. 

As for the tray, it’s going to be a right bugger. My tactic is to avoid the final serving at all costs. 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

The wife finally convinced me to get Jack a dog ... I blame lockdown 

20200617_115034

We had always talked about a Daschund and jack thinks calling it a sausage dog is soo funny 

more of a cat guy myself but she's keeeeeewt!