Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Ordered direct from them, yeah. They charged an extra $30 to ship through FedEx. For the sake of completion: Ryo emailed me shortly after I put in the order with the following:

HI, Mr. Julian Wolf,

This is Ryo from TCB JEANS, taking care of customer service.
First, thank you for your order but I have a not good news.

Due to the virus outbreak, we can not ship to the US at the moment with free shipping service. Our partnered carrier, EMS, has stopped the delivery since 24th April and we are not sure when they'll resume the service.

The options are as follows.
A: Cancel the order and refund to you
B: Wait untill the further notice from EMS is issued
C: Use Fedex Priority Express with extra charge ( US$30)
*in this case, we are thinking to issue an invoice through PayPal.

Kindly advise us how you'd like to proceed.
My apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards, and stay safe,
Ryo from TCB JEANS

I think the hard part is going to be convincing most shops to use a different carrier than EMS.
TCB seems to be pretty proactive in their approach, whereas WH just gave me a flat out no recently.

53 minutes ago, Flash said:

Any uk members recieved ems deliveries recently ? What was the wait time like ? 

Not UK, but in France i've had 2 EMS packages delivered recently that took 21 and 28 days.

9 minutes ago, Broark said:

I think the hard part is going to be convincing most shops to use a different carrier than EMS.
TCB seems to be pretty proactive in their approach, whereas WH just gave me a flat out no recently.

Still, worth asking. I'm having two packages delivered from Yamato & DHL respectively. Sometimes you get lucky...

^Just skimmed through, honestly it's not a bad list for someone just getting into the hobby! I imagine a lot of us started through those brands with high impact fades, etc. but found our own niches over time. I might even add 45rpm in there; I usually recommend them for someone who just wants a solid pair of jeans (or maybe a Full Count).

I think it's a good starter list. Its interesting to see how far evolved this place is. I'm still stuck in TFH mode... 

I think that's a great list. You really couldn't convince me there's an objectively "better" list, just a list of brands you prefer. That wouldn't be my list at all, but if I could only wear a pair each of every brand on that list for the rest of my life, I'd have a great jean rotation! The weak point in the list is of course the "journalism." Those brand and style blurbs are nearly meaningless and clearly written by a person researching the first page of google search results rather than by a person with deep experience wearing the brands and following the releases or by a journalist citing sources and actually reporting on the subject being written about.

1 hour ago, Jared_Lee said:

The weak point in the list is of course the "journalism." Those brand and style blurbs are nearly meaningless and clearly written by a person researching the first page of google search results rather than by a person with deep experience wearing the brands and following the releases or by a journalist citing sources and actually reporting on the subject being written about.

Blogs, editorials and style blurbs generally get right on my tits. It’s an act of folly to list one brand over another and then witter on at length about about the subject without the expertise implied.

Footling at its worst.

Suspicious bunch you lot arn't you!
As ive mentioned before.. Ive lurked this forum since the early days mainly to glean denim buying infos back in the days when Rakuten shops didn't accepted PP, some kind Japanese speaking soul on here translated (put your name here, address here, card deets here and so on) the Rakuten order form (this was even before the days of google translate)...which you had to print out, fill it in by hand, fax it off and wait.. my credit card wasn't accepted in Japan so i signed up initially to use 2000db as a proxy service but around 2008 my hotmail had login issues so i bagged it off and started a gmail account, at which point i signed up to sufu again as 'KID KIORA' but i just continued to use the forum for gleaning buying infos.
I didn't even have a digital camera at this time, i was still using my old Leica, Voigtlander rangefinders, medium format ect... digital in those days, in my price bracket was all kinds of wank.. so i couldn't post photo's on the forum and this place was that busy if you read it all you could pretty much answer your own questions...nowadays i only read a handful of threads....also i didn't get a decent computer at work till 2010ish, the first one i bought from some smackheads who robbed it from a portacabin, i had to manually defrag the bastard thing on the daily and living in the sticks my internet connection at home was shite so i just read....
In 2012 i had been wearing a pair of LW boots since 2004ish and i had just taken delivery of a pair of TMC Railmans so i decided to take the plunge and post...realising i had misspelled Kia-Ora due to my dyslexia (I was actually drinking a carton of Kia-Ora while listening to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome by Kid Koala when i set up that account B) true story) so again i started afresh, and when i signed up this time around i was listening to Edwin Starr :D

i'll play

the now discontinued regular ralf dry greycasts bought sometime in 2005.  purchased cause i liked the regular boot fit (at the time) and green happens to be my favorite color!

EDIT: i was also a firm believer of the 6 month rule back then, although i think these hit the water a bit before that

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Edited by DoitsuJin

10 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:
Suspicious bunch you lot arn't you!
As ive mentioned before.. Ive lurked this forum since the early days mainly to glean denim buying infos back in the days when Rakuten shops didn't accepted PP, some kind Japanese speaking soul on here translated (put your name here, address here, card deets here and so on) the Rakuten order form (this was even before the days of google translate)...which you had to print out, fill it in by hand, fax it off and wait.. my credit card wasn't accepted in Japan so i signed up initially to use 2000db as a proxy service but around 2008 my hotmail had login issues so i bagged it off and started a gmail account, at which point i signed up to sufu again as 'KID KIORA' but i just continued to use the forum for gleaning buying infos.
I didn't even have a digital camera at this time, i was still using my old Leica, Voigtlander rangefinders, medium format ect... digital in those days, in my price bracket was all kinds of wank.. so i couldn't post photo's on the forum and this place was that busy if you read it all you could pretty much answer your own questions...nowadays i only read a handful of threads....also i didn't get a decent computer at work till 2010ish, the first one i bought from some smackheads who robbed it from a portacabin, i had to manually defrag the bastard thing on the daily and living in the sticks my internet connection at home was shite so i just read....
In 2012 i had been wearing a pair of LW boots since 2004ish and i had just taken delivery of a pair of TMC Railmans so i decided to take the plunge and post...realising i had misspelled Kia-Ora due to my dyslexia (I was actually drinking a carton of Kia-Ora while listening to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome by Kid Koala when i set up that account B) true story) so again i started afresh, and when i signed up this time around i was listening to Edwin Starr :D

The definitive forum Cinderella ... a heart warming rags to more rags story