Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I cant help but feel these 6 year wait times are fabricated to market the exclusivity of the brand , I'm not all that familiar with wh but Lee isn't the most popular brand  even amongst the typical forum user / " denimhead " so where are all the orders coming from ? I've seen him posing as a cowboy in a lot of pics , is he popular in the western wear / rodeo world 

This post isn't intended to talk bad on the quality of the jeans or anything like that , just suspicious of the wait times 

Edited by Flash

I think he's just that bad of a businessperson that he can't handle any amount of orders coming in.
He prioritizes his a e s t h e t i c and brand image over actually delivering product. At least that's my view on it. 

With the exception of reddit this is the biggest denim forum around ??? ( am I right ? ) and I'm sure you could count on one hand the amount of people waiting on his jeans 

And as far as I know reddit is more into the slim heavyweight jeans out there so I just don't see the orders 

I'm discounting interaction he has on instagram because I cant bring myself to look at his feed ...... cringey doesn't even describe it 

@Flash I know that denimheads are the least of his business these days. I’m sure they make up most of the 4-6 year wait list though. 
He is gaining popularity in the rodeo and cowboy realm though. I actually see that he sponsors a rodeo rider now. 
Like I said that can count a handful of people I’ve met who have all been waiting a minimum of 3 years and the longest I’ve met is someone waiting 6 and he has given up. 

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

@Broark most cowboys and rodeo ryders are broke as hell and would never spend those prices on stuff that will get beat to crap. Haha but maybe he’s on to something? 

Maybe when they find out that they've been scammed, they might beat him to crap?

You should always honour your customer. It's business 101.

So who here is actually negotiating or trying to convince other stores in Japan etc to ship via DHL or Fedex at this time on orders?  Is it worth mentioning it to them?

Edited by mlwdp

17 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

We watched Pee Wee’s Big Adventure last week, can’t believe I hadn’t seen it before, what a great film.

Paul Rubens just did a Pee Wee's Big Adventure stand up tour. I wasn't able to acquire a ticket, but I went to the venue and was able to score a T Shirt! :smile:

Edited by Muck Dynasty

5 hours ago, mlwdp said:

So who here is actually negotiating or trying to convince other stores in Japan etc to ship via DHL or Fedex at this time on orders?  Is it worth mentioning it to them?

I'd strongly recommend that. I regret not doing exactly that.

9 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Maybe when they find out that they've been scammed, they might beat him to crap?

You should always honour your customer. It's business 101.

Who are we talking about ?

As I’m immature I wanted to share a lovely bit of Engrish that made me chuckle. The often overused exclamation mark definitely warranted on this occasion:

30C7BA8E-E5B8-4D11-AC48-2257BC9CC619.thumb.jpeg.a3d87cfd551fc97733d3d438959a77c4.jpeg

It’s from the excellent Junky Style blog: http://blog-jkstyle.jugem.jp/?eid=2989&PHPSESSID=v90qford4bjr8sgah2fseg8h51

It’s worth a look. This page is for some unwashed WH 1946s in DD denim and last weekend they released a raw 70201XX that seems to be exclusive to them  :ph34r:

Edited by unders

On 4/28/2020 at 11:04 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

As today is Tuesday and 80s/90s film nite in our house - any suggestions/recommendations for a 10 and 12 year old? Batch ‘em up and send ‘em over...

My kid used to love Beetlejuice to the extent that he dressed up as him for World 'Book' Day? only one f-word to watch out for 'when Beetlejuice is sleezing around the graveyard' I used to faux-cough or sneeze over it but saying that, he was only 6/7 at the time, to think that any media-savvy 10-12yr olds don't hear the f-word means we're living in dreamworld..

49832959001_b6dd25533f.jpg

..also 'Drop Dead Fred' was a firm favourite, he used to laugh his head off when Fred shaved the cat or when he got his head stuck in the fridge, although the 'cobwebs' scene does make for uncomfortable viewing by todays standards... and 'Moonrise Kingdom' got helluva lot of viewing but again, he was far too young to understand the mild sexual connotations..
Edited by Double 0 Soul

Enjoying the movie talk so thought it would be cool to hear everyone's top 5 plus 1 guilty pleasure 

Top 5 in no particular 

. True Romance 

. Pulp Fiction 

. 7 Psychopaths 

. 3 Billboard's Outside Ebbing Missouri 

. Terminator 2 Judgement Day 

Guilty pleasure 

. The Devils Rejects 

Loved Deadwood , haven't seen the film yet 

You couldn't help but love Ian McSean nomatter how much of a B@$tard he was 

2 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Today it might be:

The Petrified Forest (obviously)

Fargo

Raging Bull

Seven Samurai

Deadwood (greatest tv ever)

... and something that makes me happy anytime:

Singin’ in the Rain

Nothing in stone; but current...

Anything by Gregg Araki, but Doom Generation in particular (good early performance of Rose McGowan before the horror/boredom of Charmed)

same goes Powell & Pressburger; Black Narcissus a favorite but Red Shoes must be seen...

yes to Apocalypse Now but the Conversation also liked (best Gene Hackman performance)

Blade Runner 2049 was much better in parts than expected - and Villeneuve in particular does seem to be knocking out good ones... (more nuance than Nolan's portentousness, although Interstellar had some points of interest)

and then to keep to same lead actor, Drive but also by same director; Only God Forgives and Valhalla Rising mining the psychedelic topography of El Topo by Jodorowsky (described as 'acid western' by wikipedia...) & Neon Demon is a film equivalent to Bret Easton Ellis' novel 'Glamorama'

not so guilty pleasures: Porco Rosso (best suit wearing pig in cinema with Keaton doing good voice acting), Clueless, anything with Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby always a must see), Starship Troopers (for sublime casting of Denise Richards as space trooper teen bitch queen fighting intergalactic bugs)...

[and hated plot, acting, casting, everything but recent Scorsese 'Irishman' notable for how better repro wear has become than when Goodfellas was made... some notable jackets on show...]

edit: I forgot: also do watch anything by Werner Herzog: Cave of Forgotten Dreams and Grizzly Man both excessively good plays with documentary form, and his Fitzcarraldo is an equivalent to the craziness of Apocalypse Now but replacing the Vietnam War with a love for opera... 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Impressive list Bartle. Herzog and Kinski are a match made in heaven. 

I love my biker b movies. Psychomania, Werewolves on Wheels and Satan’s Sadists. All can probably be found on YouTube. Otherwise Warriors is a fave. 

Guilty pleasure: Demolition Man. 

Edit: cracking 80s martial arts movie, but could also belong in the guilty pleasure bucket is Best of the Best. 

Edited by unders