Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

On 4/25/2020 at 8:37 AM, Flash said:

Anyone think a community sales / swapshop thread would be a good idea ? 

Who knows if it would be shut down but Anaccranorm or whatever you call it has had a community sales thread for ages 

( current global situation may make it a bit difficult but if we maybe keep it local enough for the time being it would probably work out 

EDIT       Maybe now isn't the best time , after a bit of thought its probably best to keep our homes free of other people's items 

Timing is the only potential negative against what I think is a good idea 

Yesterday my cat Lenny and girlfriend Lilly from next door caught a lttle blackbird fledgling, this pair of murderous bastards!

49825486282_9214cd4452_b.jpg

I rescued it from a bush fearing the worst but apart from the odd missing feather there doesn't seem to be a great deal wrong with it, it just hasn't fully fledged so we put it in a box in the shed overnight to let it recover from it's ordeal.. it was a right old mess this morning.
49825164356_a2fc0b0352_b.jpg

It's now in a larger box on the shed roof, tweeting for its mum, mini-soul is trying to feed it worms without success, he needs to regurgitete his breakfast..
49825485887_f13d3078af_b.jpg

If mum doesn't come back today, i think it'll stand a better chance of survival in the woods away from the bloody cats..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

6 hours ago, Flash said:

Watching Bloodsport for the first time in nearly 20 years ..... didn’t remember it being this bad :laugh: , think I’ll just fast forward it to the Kumite 

Funny that because I also watched a JCVD film last night... Good ol' Timecop haha

10 hours ago, Flash said:

Watching Bloodsport for the first time in nearly 20 years ..... didn’t remember it being this bad :laugh: , think I’ll just fast forward it to the Kumite 

Yeah it was garbage, although Van Damme was slightly more convincing as a martial arts expert than he was a dancer in 'Breakdance 2 Electric Bugaloo'

We watched The Matrix trilogy last week, first time ive seen it since it hit the cinema first time around (don't think i'd ever seen #3) it still holds water, in fact the first one is a great film Matrix 2 is still v-good but Matrix 3 is wank...

No, Mrs F got it as an Amazon Prime download I think. I hear the sequels aren’t as good though.

We have 80s/90s film ‘nite’ with the kids every Thursday. We watched the Bill & Ted  films recently too.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I remember we was talking about Pee Wee's years ago, i though i sent it down to you along with that jacket.

Alright denim-peeps who did i give my copy of PWBA to? It never worked on my dvd player cos it was Region1

Obviously being a dvd this was a long, long time ago, it might have been someone who bought something from me and i shoved it in as a freebee, who knows?

I don’t think it was me but I’ll double check, we still have a lot of DVDs and play them often - our Bill & Teds are on DVD. I also have the box sets of Nathan Barley, Mighty Boosh and Stella Street on DVD amongst many others.

Ive probably got aroud 20-30 DVD's but the only thing that plays them in our house is the PS4, there was a period when the boy was around 3/4yrs old that i bought a pile from Amazon, they were something crazy like 1p each (+£1.24 postage) so i bought a load of 80's classics, Team Wolf, Goonies, BIG, Gremlins and so on...

We still have a good multi-region DVD player and I bought an external DVD ROM with my MacBook Pro as my daughter still likes watching them in her bedroom. My son still watches the odd one on his PS4 too. We have hundreds of discs although as the kids are getting older (my daughter was 10 on Sunday - lockdown celebration) we are whittling away the younger ones although we keep anything considered a ‘classic’ - which can be interpreted very loosely.

We have Kes on DVD too!

I’ll have a look at Super 8.

"Don't have nightmares, remember kids the north of england isn't real, it's just something they made up to scare children" - sounds like something from Scarfolk

Just realised that Film Nite is on Thursday, it’s Board Games this evening.

15 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ Still less than a tenth of the waiting time for a pair of WH Ranch jeans though!

4-6 years last I heard.......

I have several packages that are 3-4 weeks late, or more... Japan, Australia, and the US. The private carriers are doing OK (DHL & UPS better than FedEx), but the national postal service in France is f'ed up.

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

As today is Tuesday and 80s/90s film nite in our house - any suggestions/recommendations for a 10 and 12 year old? Batch ‘em up and send ‘em over...

I still appreciate Adventures in Babysitting.  There are at least two bad words in it, which is probably the main reason it's PG-13.  Not sure if your parenting style would allow that... 

Edited by fresh1

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

As today is Tuesday and 80s/90s film nite in our house - any suggestions/recommendations for a 10 and 12 year old? Batch ‘em up and send ‘em over...

Any of the X-men (Logan was probably a step too far given the tears), Billy Elliot, Blinded by the Light (cover eyes at kissing scenes), Karate Kid, Ferris Bueller's Day Off