Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

2 hours ago, Broark said:

770544.jpg

It’s the beer version of Vodka Revolution!

For non-Brits it’s an awful vodka bar/disco place where they sell umpteen different flavoured vodkas. You used to be able to buy a tray of vodka shots for a tenner (or something like that). The fifth vodka was usually followed by a hasty retreat to the gents to see the previous four come back up...

1 hour ago, unders said:

You used to be able to buy a tray of vodka shots for a tenner (or something like that).

1 hour ago, Broark said:

This sounds like my personal hell.

+1

6 hours ago, heyson said:

man i hope my recent purchases from Yahoo Auctions dont get lost forever. First one says it shipped april 13th, but it just says a label was created :/

I’m still waiting on the pair of edo sugar canes I ordered from naoki. Departed April 10th but so far no other updates. 

6 hours ago, jegr said:

Japan post suspending EMS and airmail to the US starting April 24th.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0423_03.html

I’m starting to think I should have just waited and ordered my pair from self edge in May. This has me wondering though...do selfedge etc get their products delivered via japan post/ems? Or perhaps they can use some other courier like DHL. 

For what it's worth, re: mass shipments from Japan to US retailers, I got a notification on April 8 that my Lofgrens had been shipped to S&S, which should usually only take a couple of days, and have gotten no updates since then. My guess would be that shops' orders are just as backed up as ours. So it goes.

4 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

I’m starting to think I should have just waited and ordered my pair from self edge in May. This has me wondering though...do selfedge etc get their products delivered via japan post/ems? Or perhaps they can use some other courier like DHL. 

We generally use private courier (and a private broker) so nothing is delayed to Self Edge.

If you look on Zen's blog page they have shipping news which is updated every 24hrs with the most recent changes.

Yesterday's news *Parcels bound for the United States collected today (23.04.2020), will be shipped, however, there might be significant delays (up to 4 months).

Starting today (23.04.2020) until further notice the following services will be Disabled:

EMS and Airmail for:

United States

Ect....

On 4/22/2020 at 2:35 PM, Broark said:

If anyone ever wants to trade be let me know, it's probably my second biggest hobby after denim.

Don't have much to trade but mail me some Austin East Ciders haha (joking). I miss it so much, the watermelon and blood orange were so good.

But the shipping stuff kind of sucks. I have multiple car parts coming from japan that I really need... I knew it would take a bit but damn. Also have a package coming from Poland that has been stuck for a month :sad:.

Edited by d-rew12

15 minutes ago, d-rew12 said:

Don't have much to trade but mail me some Austin East Ciders haha (joking). I miss it so much, the watermelon and blood orange were so good.

Oh man, really? I've always thought of Austin East Ciders way too sweet for my liking. The blood orange is the only one I could stomach.

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Oh man, really? I've always thought of Austin East Ciders way too sweet for my liking. The blood orange is the only one I could stomach.

I am definitely more of a dry traditonal cider person but something about the different flavors gets me haha. I tried the pineapple one years ago and it was also great. I also just love watermelon (although I thought blood orange was better), and even though super sweet I enjoyed them haha.

Anyone think a community sales / swapshop thread would be a good idea ? 

Who knows if it would be shut down but Anaccranorm or whatever you call it has had a community sales thread for ages 

( current global situation may make it a bit difficult but if we maybe keep it local enough for the time being it would probably work out 

EDIT       Maybe now isn't the best time , after a bit of thought its probably best to keep our homes free of other people's items 

Edited by Flash

I'm in work today waiting for a delivery so ive just had a rummage through some boxes of old work tee's...When my clothes are fucked i relegate them to work, when they get uber-fucked i use them for rags but what's in the bottom of these boxes hasn't been rotated for 20yrs..

49816925387_9f042170de_b.jpg

Silas polo and ringer tee,

49816104793_b9a18ae69f_b.jpg

Mid 90's 3/4 sleeve MiA Stussy baseball tee

49816940532_0ec892e7f3_b.jpg

49816937612_ceec9a8386_b.jpg

Lowercase Industries was a label/sideline belonging to a friend of mine (even this was Made in the USA), He's now the editor/illustrator of Nowthen magazine, a local free mag which you can pick up here and there, ive bought a bit of artwork from him over the years, when we first met back in the late 90's he was still working at his first proper job... a graffic design company in Rotherham which was set up by one of the bell-ends from Jivebunny and the Mastermixes :ph34r:

49816620556_b063ea61a3_b.jpg

49816934662_afb2517433_b.jpg

.Dope!

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article12628900.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Jive-Bunny-the-Master-Mixers-Pop-Group.jpg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Nice jive talk MF 

Here’s my little contribution to the ‘grotty old Silas tee’ thread twist. 

1F16FD73-FDCD-40AE-BB1D-F98FB8C00C12.thumb.jpeg.e7845c031750e227eb4b2b334641f0eb.jpeg

Look after her and she will be faithful. And she was! 
A51B156B-93E7-489E-8A0C-981A8AF26B20.thumb.jpeg.04faf754e27f027b9278eb4f2fbb7e09.jpeg

Agree, that Stussy raglan needs to come out of retirement.