Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

On 4/17/2020 at 1:43 PM, Shorty Long said:

What do you mean by “Aligned” when you give the waist measurement? Seems like the actual flat waist measurement is way off from the waist measurement Self Edge provides on their site.

Moved this part of reply out of the Roy thread... +1 what @Double 0 Soul posted in the Roy thread. I've seen 3 ways to measure the waist, 2 of which are basically the same. 1st is to lay them flat with front and rear waist band not aligned, falling naturally. 2nd is to lay flat, but align front and back waist band. 3rd is to lay them sideways and align waist band all around. There has to a be a fold somewhere, and it's usually around the fly/buttons. IH uses this method, as they clearly demonstrate. I usually find that there's about 1/2" difference between measuring flat w/ waist band not aligned and waist band aligned. There's also a 4th method that some JP retailers use where they measure the inside circumference of the waist band. It occurs to me that this is the least frequently used method. 

Honestly I'm not sure which method is most accurate or best, or that it matters. I think what matters most is: 1) when looking at buying a new pair and comparing measurements to a pair you already have, make sure you measure the same way the retailer does; 2) the accuracy of the retailer staff measuring the pair for sale. 

34 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Maynard Friedman if having such toys is going to help you to get through the lockdown, go for it mate. 

Hang on... this is the 'should I buy?' thread isn't it?

I think when you see a toy or product as mind boggling as this, you should always buy because many people worked too hard to bring this crazy thing to life. 

Like I mentioned before I’m stuck in the house for the next 12 weeks - so I bought this for a snip. I’m going to set it up on a stand, throw up a piece of (probably black) fabric as a backdrop, rig up  my old speedlight, start draping shirts, coats, the lot and photo bomb the shit out of this place :wink:

AB096DE0-488F-4229-B017-C94646E0F2BF.jpeg

C0D1B5C1-356C-4ACD-AB44-9594DE87D9BD.jpeg

Talking about wasted.. my beer delivery has just arrived, ive got it cooling in my coal chute..

IMG_9313

One good thing has come out of the covid-crisis my local brewery (Abbydale) has started selling kegs.. ive asked them numerous times to start selling their beer to the hoi polloi but they have no bottling plant... but now the pubs are shut, the beer is rapidly going out of date so they've had to start selling it in kegs.. Ive bought a mini keg of Moonshine and a mini keg of Absolution :D