Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Japan Post/EMS has suspended international shipping:

Temporary suspension and delay of international mail to some countries / regions (updated on April 9)

April 9, 2020

With the worldwide spread of the new coronavirus infectious disease, measures have been taken to stop the acceptance of international mail in each country and region, and the number of flights to and from Japan has been significantly reduced, and flights have been suspended. from the fact that cut off transportation routes, from April 2 for the time being from (Thursday), but we are stopped temporarily undertake the part of the international postal, April 10 (Friday), Exhibit (PDF 34k bytes) We will expand the target countries and regions.

Main target mail

• EMS mail
  • Parcel and regular mail handled by air or SAL

As a result of this measure, a total of 160 countries and regions will stop accepting some or all international mail.
Of the international mail items accepted so far, those that cannot be shipped to the country / region of the name will be returned to the post office in charge of delivery.
In addition, we will inform you that there is a high possibility that delays will occur in countries and regions where the underwriting has not been suspended due to worldwide flight cuts.

4 minutes ago, Broark said:

Guess I’m glad I held off on that Warehouse purchase I was looking to make. 

My recent HW Dog hat and another shirt I bought, I sprayed with lysol just to be safe including the package itself.  Other than that, I knew something was off when I ordered another item on the 3rd of this month and it hasn't moved since then. 

Grailed and Ebay sales for clothing seem down too, as clothing purchases obviously isn't a priority right now it seems (unless it's toilet paper or hand sanitizer).  Good luck to anybody here trying to sell their wears right now.  

100b851a-403e-4457-a284-77bd9b8954aa_text_hi.gif

Edited by mlwdp

55 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Grailed and Ebay sales for clothing seem down too, as clothing purchases obviously isn't a priority right now it seems (unless it's toilet paper or hand sanitizer).  Good luck to anybody here trying to sell their wears right now.  

100b851a-403e-4457-a284-77bd9b8954aa_text_hi.gif

for what it's worth... classifieds on sufu now 50% off and have extended listings from 30 to 180 days. 
buyers and sellers can negotiate the details.

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/classifieds/

What's weird is that I sold a bunch of stuff on Grailed and Reddit back in March, while everyone was panicking and stuff was getting shut down. But I have a few more things for sale which I posted later, which haven't sold after a few weeks of being out there.

I’ve never used Yahoo auctions but just out of interest I’ve been watching some items on there over the last week or so. It’s amazing, there are virtually no bids for any item at all in the categories I’ve been looking at and once the auctions expire, the items are simply re-listed a few hours later for exactly the same price. Fascinating psychology at play here. 

In that respect It's the same as ebay used to be regarding fixed price/staring bids before they implemented 'good till cancelled' which saves you having to keep re-listing your item.

The main difference with Yahoo is...

'Auction Extension' = for low starting price where everybody is given the opportunity to bid as much as they like during an indefinate time period (like a real auction) if folks keep bidding the time keeps rolling over until all bidders drop out, so no snipe bargains.

Or

'Early finish' = this is usually for fixed price, where an auction ends early if they have a bid, but it's not like BIN, you can have the only bid for a week or so and the auction will still finish 5mins early to seal the bid if there is no sign of counter bids. I found this out to my detriment when i had a snipe bid all set on a pair of deadstock Levin Scheme and the auction finished 5mins before i had a chance to place it.

You lives, you learns...

Edited by Double 0 Soul

How do some of y’all feel about wearing Mickey Mouse focused clothing like what’s been displayed in Japan in the past? I’ve really been on the fence lately in buying some Mickey Mouse work by Velva Sheen. They just did a Japan only collab that looks decent.

B29B2D94-2202-4699-BDFE-02EBF2C1D061.jpeg

Suppose it depends on if you’re a Disney fan. I’m not so wouldn’t wear it, but if you are then do it. That’s a good example. I’m pretty sure Uniqlo have a pretty constant cycle of Mickey tees which are likely cheaper, but guess the quality of the tee won’t be there. 
I wear plenty of stuff that people may think is uncool. Plenty of old heavy metal band tees including completely overdone Motörhead tops worn by lame celebs-  but I like it. 

1 hour ago, mlwdp said:

How do some of y’all feel about wearing Mickey Mouse focused clothing like what’s been displayed in Japan in the past?

Good god No! (but like unders points out) i fucking hate Disney and that squeeky voiced c**t of a mouse, luckily for me my kid has never been into it either. Disneyland would be my own personal hell.. I would rather spend a week in Guantanamo Bay than spend a single day in that hell hole.

1 minute ago, Cold Summer said:

This classic Calvin and Hobbes comic pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

WryVm6C.gif

I’m usually one to express this sentiment also. I do wear a couple flat head tees which have pretty in-your-face branding, though. 

6 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Good god No! (but like unders points out) i fucking hate Disney and that squeeky voiced c**t of a mouse, luckily for me my kid has never been into it either. Disneyland would be my own personal hell.. I would rather spend a week in Guantanamo Bay than spend a single day in that hell hole.

Neal, you need to be more outspoken and stop sitting on the fence mate. If you have an opinion dont be shy , just say it. We won't hold it against you :ph34r: