Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Hot wash & dryer for 20-30 minutes. Been my go to regimen for a couple years. 
wear hard and wash every 2-3 weeks. 
wrangling kids and crawling around after them as a dinosaur helps with knee fades! 

Alright, who makes the best T-shirt? There are lots of good ones out there. Flat Head, Warehouse, Merz B. Schwanen, 3Sixteen, Stevenson, Whitesville, Studio D'Artisan, and so on. What are your favorites?

I have a Warehouse 4601 pocket tee on the way and this tee looks like it has the most impressive collar of any tee I've seen. This could become my new favorite type if the fit is good. I have a 3Sixteen tee I like a bunch as well - I wasn't a big fan of the somewhat boxy cut when I bought it a few years ago but now I love how the thick jersey fabric drapes.

I also have store brand tees from Lone Flag and Standard & Strange - they're quite good as well and much cheaper than other higher-end ones.

Edited by Cold Summer

On 4/3/2020 at 7:42 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Size 34 one-wash
Waist: 86 cm
Front rise: 30.5 cm
Thigh: 32 cm
Leg opening: 20 cm 
Inseam 79/80 cm

B_f, do you know roughly how Naoki measures? Similar to BiG style? Mostly wondering if he pulls the waist straight when measuring and where he takes the thigh measurement. 

I emailed him and he gave me measurements for size 32 and 33 OW. I was kind of surprised that the 33 has a front rise measurement almost 1 inch higher than the 32.  

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Alright, who makes the best T-shirt? There are lots of good ones out there. Flat Head, Warehouse, Merz B. Schwanen, 3Sixteen, Stevenson, Whitesville, Studio D'Artisan, and so on. What are your favorites?

I have a Warehouse 4601 pocket tee on the way and this tee looks like it has the most impressive collar of any tee I've seen. This could become my new favorite type if the fit is good. I have a 3Sixteen tee I like a bunch as well - I wasn't a big fan of the somewhat boxy cut when I bought it a few years ago but now I love how the thick jersey fabric drapes.

I also have store brand tees from Lone Flag and Standard & Strange - they're quite good as well and much cheaper than other higher-end ones.

I really like the MF Skivvy tees, but I am also curious about Hodis’ runabout goods tees 

Freenote and Iron Heart also make nice heavyweight tees. Freenotes in particular are 13oz!

I have several indigo T's, and my Warehouse & PBJ are the softest (but also lighter in weight). I also have a Samurai and an SDA, and the weave is a lot coarser (but the shirts are much more heavyweight).

Being a sucker for Glad Hand, I bought a tee they just released yesterday that has stitching on it.  I bought the white one.

Of course, I’m starting to become biased since I have a calendar from Glad Hand that’s displaying the white tee shirt for the month of April this year.

A8DDC372-3AF8-4FBB-9F6E-EDE33A5FF213.jpeg

E89FDAAB-0FE6-4A17-BB41-3B7F1554A0D8.jpeg

I have Ts from the likes of  TFH,  WH, IH, Merz, PBJ, RMC MF, Toys...and so on and they all are great T's for varying reasons. 

TFH THC and WH are my favourite though. I have a couple Burgus Plus heavy weight ts and they are really good 

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/hbp-001/

I also have a couple Japan Blue 18 gauge T's,  which make a nice difference. They are like a coarse sweatshirt  (not the best description ) they have solid neckbands if a little wide

https://www.denimio.com/japan-blue-jbst01-sweat-t-shirt-18-gauge-super-hard-inlay.html?___store=default

My quest for the best t is always looking for the right white one though... I am heavily tattooed and always wear a vest or very light undershirt even under a T to wick sweat and not always show the ink through.  I struggle to find a white one you can't see the vest/ink through. 

Any suggestions on an 'opaque ' white t??

@Cold Summer

Still highly recommend looking into Tezomeya's tees, the texture + loopwheel + options for various shades of natural dye makes for a really nice tees.

Not sure how easy it is to order from overseas, their English sites had been stagnant for a while, maybe contact through instagram...

From my perspective, it all comes down to fit, i honestly don't give a shit about 'quality' ive had a few expensive t-shirts in the past and they were just a waste of money, i can take a T from cradle to grave in a matter of weeks :blush:

Ive tried t-shirt blanks from just about every manufacturer (my friend owns a screen printing company) i used to like Fruit of the Loom, Hanes ect but for the last 15yrs ive worn exclusively cheap shitty Gildan, in their 'Ultra-Cotton' i get them by the box load for nowt.

I'm more of a slacker than a tucker but i hate to see a t-shirt over the arse, underhanging a short or denim jacket, especially when said underhang is more than a coup[le of inches, also i don't like the sleeves to be too long or too capped and i don't like a sloppy neck hole.. it has to be juuuuuust right.

My goldilocks fit

IMG_9097

IMG_7098

I’m with @Double 0 Soul on this. T-shirt’s are the one thing I refuse to pay decent money for, I can trash them in a few weeks over the summer or they just act as an extra hidden layer in winter. I’m finding the uniqlo 2 pack supima ones are pretty good as they are long in length and the sleeves are more capped than most tees I’ve tried.

@Geeman Ironheart are the thickest tees I’ve tried. Fit was pretty regular, nothing wild.

8 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

B_f, do you know roughly how Naoki measures? Similar to BiG style? Mostly wondering if he pulls the waist straight when measuring and where he takes the thigh measurement. 

I emailed him and he gave me measurements for size 32 and 33 OW. I was kind of surprised that the 33 has a front rise measurement almost 1 inch higher than the 32.  

Hey mate...his measurements usually match my measurements pretty much and I use the BiG method

Tezomeya tees look really nice - if their largest size shrinks a lot, it would probably fit me good :P I tend to like the length of my tees about 27" or so. At that length I can either tuck or untuck and it looks good.

The best-fitting tees I've worn have been boring ol' JCrew Jeans tees in medium. These seem like just the right length, width, and shoulder spacing on a tall skinny dude like me. The fabric is not bad either, though I prefer a little heavier weight. However, the construction quality kind of sucks.

Because I live in the southeast US and it's warm here for most of the year, I spend vastly more time in T-shirts than my nicer shirts and flannels, so it seems worth the effort to find tees that I really like and enjoy wearing. If I'm going to be doing anything physically rigorous I'm not going to wear my "nice" T-shirts, so I've had no problem making mine last. A couple have a tiny hole in the fabric somewhere, but nothing you really notice unless you're looking for it.

My CSF is my shortest fitting denim jacket, much more t-shirt undergand than this and i would have to tuck offending my slacker sensibilities..

Around 27" (at the back) works for me too Cold Sum's, which is odd because you're taller than i am

IMG_9116

..apologies for the indoor photo, my neighbours are in their gardens enjoying the sunshine and i don't want them to think that i'm one of those vain weirdo's that posts photo's of themselves on the internet :ph34r:

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Anyone else changing up their washing regimen during this outbreak? I’m thinking it’s probably a good idea to keep clothing pretty clean these days. We’re only leaving the house every two weeks but I’ve been washing my pair after every time we make our supply run. 

@SuperJackle

(Deleted.)

I admire your diligence. I don’t really understand all the people joking about not following distancing guidelines, etc..

I have heard it said the C-19 is just not deadly enough to convince the dim-witted.

Edited by Pedro

57 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

Anyone else changing up their washing regimen during this outbreak? I’m thinking it’s probably a good idea to keep clothing pretty clean these days. We’re only leaving the house every two weeks but I’ve been washing my pair after every time we make our supply run. 

I live near the epicenter in Italy and yes I did wash my clothes more often than usual during the past month. 

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@SuperJackle

If you have a sunny day, you can allow the UV to destroy the virus. 

not sure this works.

a lot of people here used to joke about this situation one month ago. Trust me they have all changed their minds

The quest for the perfect tee is tough. For me it's a combination of fit, fabric and how well the hold up over time.
The best fitting tees I've found are from Lady White, but the fabric is uninspiring and they don't hold up particularly well over time.
My favorite fabric is probably Tezomeya, but I'm not a big fan of the cut (too long in the body).
I'm going to try out Warehouse next, planning on buying some of the Lot 1082 chinos and two tees this week I think.

22 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Were people keeping the necessary distance? 

(I’ve tried to be mostly news free yday and today as respite so not checked)

Not so much on Saturday. The intention was there but it wasn't easy due to the number of people - on the front by hove lawns.
Today was much better and the police have been patrolling since last week - moving people along etc. 
My perception of it - the general feeling, is that 95% of people are doing everything they can and are adhering to the rules. Personally, we are being very strict with ourselves, only shopping once a week and outside to run every other day. 

02694CEB-CD54-47B0-BA99-AE8905CC5E0F.jpeg

Edited by UkeNo

2 hours ago, pomata said:

I live near the epicenter in Italy and yes I did wash my clothes more often than usual during the past month. 

not sure this works.

a lot of people here used to joke about this situation one month ago. Trust me they have all changed their minds

Thankyou.

Deleted incorrect information.

Although sunlight is natures best method of viral inactivation, tests have not proven that is effective against this Coronavirus. I live in Thailand and it was being reported that Sunlight was effective but that claim has been modified.

Much depends on the angle of the sun, the ozone level, and even elevation. 

Although it has not been proven or disproven to inactivate this Wuhan Coronavirus, if you live between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer, based on studies of other viruses, sunlight UVC likely helps. 

Edited by Pedro

2 hours ago, Broark said:

The best fitting tees I've found are from Lady White, but the fabric is uninspiring and they don't hold up particularly well over time.

and here I am with my Lady Whites that just refuse to die :D seriously, most durable Tees I've handled