Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

2 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

I did a detail with the fisheries and wildlife folks at my agency. It was pretty awesome. Got to spend some time building beaver dam analogues and electro fishing and eDNA sampling. 

Electro fishing is so much fun! Right now my main focus is Salmon, but have worked with many other fish/inverts and hope to not work with salmon much longer (as important as they are, I am not really a big fan work wise haha). And was going to quote you and saw another federal employee! But I'm interior. Heard budget over at the forest service is quite slim haha.

43 minutes ago, d-rew12 said:

Electro fishing is so much fun! Right now my main focus is Salmon, but have worked with many other fish/inverts and hope to not work with salmon much longer (as important as they are, I am not really a big fan work wise haha). And was going to quote you and saw another federal employee! But I'm interior. Heard budget over at the forest service is quite slim haha.

The budget seems to be getting slimmer all the time. My host supervisor was the only dedicated fish biologist in the whole department. Of course this is in the Southwest, and we don’t have a whole lot of marine life haha. 

I made some lo mein noodles from scratch. It required me to bake baking soda, which I didn't even know was a thing.  They turned out thicker than I wanted to, but they were tasty. 

I know they should have more vegetables, but I made due with what I had in the house. 

20200322_194143.jpg

Edited by fresh1

17 hours ago, Geeman said:

Well in the last week or 2 I've learned BF is a QC manager for a juice company and Flash is a welder, what over professions/ job titles we got here?

I'm an Area Operations Manager for a multinational company,  looking after confidential records etc

Spent the best part of 20 years working in clothing retail as a merchandiser/planner.

Sacked it off last year to go back to college to study animal care with a view to working in animal welfare.

18 hours ago, Geeman said:

Well in the last week or 2 I've learned BF is a QC manager for a juice company and Flash is a welder, what over professions/ job titles we got here?

I'm an Area Operations Manager for a multinational company,  looking after confidential records etc

A little sneak peek in the tank farm where the juice is stored.

20200330_083425.thumb.jpg.f9dd15a1370f0239cda356447d1baef9.jpg

20200330_083455.thumb.jpg.90530b8f7bd52db3a8ef6d2b1f2aa3fc.jpg

4 hours ago, fresh1 said:

I made some lo mein noodles from scratch. It required me to bake baking soda, which I didn't even know was a thing.  They turned out thicker than I wanted to, but they were tasty. 

I know they should have more vegetables, but I made due with what I had in the house. 

15 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Good to get a glimpse of what everyone's up to. During the weeks, I'm a grad student working on research in atomic physics. I took some photos last year during my leg of the Leroy contest to give a bit of a lab tour:

Am I the only one whistling the theme music to "The Big Bang Theory" right now?

Cool pics! Lasers, pew-pew!

15 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

The budget seems to be getting slimmer all the time. My host supervisor was the only dedicated fish biologist in the whole department. Of course this is in the Southwest, and we don’t have a whole lot of marine life haha. 

Yeah we have a few former forest service employees so that's just what they've said haha. They had good things to say otherwise though! And surprinsgly there are a decent amount fo fish things out in New Mexico (if I am gett your location right)! I see jobs out in dexter a lot and always kind of tempted haha.

Wolfpack is opening up a new location that’s a two story building to rival Western River’s massive (compound) building.  I’ve seen bits and pieces of it on their Instagram and it’s gonna be big.  They sent me some promotional material with my order today but pushed back the grand opening it looks like from April to May.  

Also, Canvas closed their Ishikawa location yesterday and relocating to a bigger building being built in Kanazawa.  It’s gonna share with Trophy clothing. It looks great as well and will bring opening in April.  They’ve been showing being built on their Instagram stories.

Here’s the old building btw.

Didn’t realize how popular Canvas and Wolfpack was that they need to build two bigger locations!

04691ABD-1A9E-45A5-B2B6-06919419A0E2.jpeg

976EE126-29B0-4BFE-9375-A7AA5EFD4B56.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

The Duchess makes incredible sourdough bread so I stole some of her starter and made pancakes - taste sensation!

Then I arsed about installing a bunch of new fans (and heatsink) in my computer to get it to shut the f-ck up - Dell don’t do quiet ...

2176674F-5FC7-49C3-94DB-ABC0EA6EA8BA.jpeg

1E876F8B-7D86-4BBF-9E89-B738571073DC.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

SC41502 :ph34r2:

Do you know if Naoki’s pairs are non-wash? I saw that his drop down menu had NW preceding the size choices. 

edit: scrolled down further and saw the OW choices. 

Edited by SuperJackle

At the bottom of that picture^ you can just see the green for crown green bowls, the gates and clubhouse are locked/taped with notices warning against the dangers of Covid-19, we saw an elderly couple wearing Hush Puppies climb over the gate for a game of bowls, the husband being a gentleman gave his wife a leg'up then shoved her arse over the fence...genius!

:D

On 1/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Pedro said:

Fabric Softener Bad Mojo for denim fades.

Maybe but i still get nice fades even using fabric softener. i only use very little. I may try to do it with only water next time and see how that works out. I stopped wearing raw after breaking in my nudies was a very uncomfortable experience i will not forget. I purchased momotaro g004mb model and that was one wash denim. and i have soaked alot of denim with a little softner and they come out feeling very much like the momotaro one wash i have. I always use that as a reference how one wash should be. Also happens to be my worst blunder in high end denim buys, going for waist 30 thinking i could stretch the waist out to 31 (also a time i lost weight and became too skinny). tried everything just didn't happen. my only pair that uses Zimbabwe cotton jeans sadly.

@SF2Turbo

Fabric Softener is great to make new denim more comfortable against the skin but the wax coating it applies to the surface of the fibers limits the abrasion that is responsible for the relase of the dyes.

I hope its OK with Double O that I posted this. I didn’t ask his permission...Lol

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@SF2Turbo

Fabric Softener is great to make new denim more comfortable against the skin but the wax coating it applies to the surface of the fibers limits the abrasion that is responsible for the relase of the dyes.

I hope its OK with Double O that I posted this. I didn’t ask his permission...Lol

Permission granted but you're right to err on the side of caution.. a few months ago you didn't know the difference between pre-distressed and natural fading, you wouldn't want to come across as foolish ;)