Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I will do..

It's probably ranked about average as a Sheffield neighbourhood, it's improved massively over the last 10yrs or so...my sis'in law lives in a house with a Heeley postcode overlooking Meesbrook park, she used to get offended if i said she lived at Meersbrook, nowadays she's cool with it.
The improvements are mainly due to young folks being pushed back as S11 & S7 become  increasingly unaffordable which in a way has lifted less desirable parts of the city with their craft beers and cat cafe's...

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Give it a whirl, it’s quite entertaining and my kids are enjoying it. I think Meersbrook looks quite a nice residential family area judging by the customers in the shop.

Ive just watched it on BBC2, it's pretty enjoyable, i'll catch up with the other episodes over the weekend.

49 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Watch out, Beadle’s about! :cool:

Damn, for a second I thought you said @beatle

Anyone need anything hand delivery from Europe to the USA.
Finally seeing a small benefit of having a UK passport...

day rates plus travel apply  - think this might be my time to shine as a courier ;)

Thanks Donald

'Trump said the new travel restrictions, which exclude the UK, would take effect from Friday.' (Ft)

A friend of mine is the manager of a small charity, mainly helping out inner city kids via donations and grants, most of her staff have disabilities in one form or another, y'know its a genuine good cause, anyhow... last night some fuckwits smasher their way into the building, left the charity box on the counter and nicked all the toilet rolls...What the fuck!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Where did the spike in the word "kit" come from? Is this originated in the UK? I've previously only heard it in reference to soccer/football uniforms.
I'm tired of everything on Instagram saying "stunning kit!!!" and that stuff. Played out.

58 minutes ago, Broark said:

Where did the spike in the word "kit" come from? Is this originated in the UK? I've previously only heard it in reference to soccer/football uniforms.
I'm tired of everything on Instagram saying "stunning kit!!!" and that stuff. Played out.

I didn't realise this (never been on IG)

Ive used this term all my life, at junior school school in the 80's we had a 'PE kit' t-shirt, shorts and plimsolls, (in infant school we did PE in our pants and vest) footy kit ect.. in our vernacular it refers to what you are kitted out in..also in later years 1990's onwards 'kit-boy' basically 'all the gear and no idea' (like some folks in the denim world i suppose :ph34r:) climbers, mtb'ers ect.. ie- best of everything/branded, even though their skills in their chosen pursuit wasn't reflected in their 'kit'

4 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

also in later years 1990's onwards 'kit-boy' basically 'all the gear and no idea' (like some folks in the denim world i suppose :ph34r:) climbers, mtb'ers ect.. ie- best of everything/branded, even though their skills in their chosen pursuit wasn't reflected in their 'kit'

Seems very apropos in the denim context too. :D Thanks for the background, never heard the term used like this before.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

I learned it from the site ‘kitmeout’ in the late 90s, and also hear it in regards to musical studio equipment. I haven’t noticed a “spike” in usage though. I’m also not on social media though. 

My worklife is grinding to a halt as i struggle to source materials, the only delivery which has turned up this week is a pack of plywood and a box of forstner bits.. I'm going to have to diversify... so, ive been thinking, during these uncertain times of social distancing what does society need to avoid Covid 19 ruining  our sex life's? well with the materials at hand, i think the answer lies in domestic glory-holes.. forget the en'suite, a future des-res won't be complete without one.. mtm height, all diameters catered for.. from 6mm to 60mm... discreet installation?

Don't make a decision now... go discuss it with your life partner, imagine emailing them from the spare room "do you fancy meeting me at the old glory hole, Friday night at 10.30?" this time next year, you won't be able to sell a property without one.