Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

On 2/22/2020 at 2:14 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

Check out my li'll phone

IMG_8785

Last wk i got drenched in storm Ciara on my commute to work, when i took my phone out of the back pocket of my cycle jacket it needed a charge so i plugged it in and left it... a couple of hours later i picked it up and it was 'off' but mad-hot, i couldn't turn it on so opened up the battery compartment and it was full of water...long/short its fucked but it was only a £10 90's typ phone from Tesco, ive never had a smart phone or want one (i only send 5 or 6 txt's or calls /mth) ...but i did want a small phone which i can fit in the chest pocket of my Paramo midlayer.
I honestly expected this kickstarter to be a piece of novelty shite but its actually a dope ass little phone which works a charm. It's only around 40mm x 20mm x 12mm so no good for sausage fingers but brilliant for shoving up your arse when visiting loved ones in prison... i would imagine.

Can u send me one of those? Pls? Oll pay for shipping

I wanted to sell a pair of new Resolute 710s sized too large for me to a friend of mine for $100.

He was very hesitant even with the heavy discount. When I showed it to him he said hell no, I wouldn’t buy those.

I was flabbergasted.
He thought they’re ugly and wondered how I pay $250 for em.

But I realize (and I was like this too) a lot of guys don’t put any consideration into how their clothes fit, especially lengthwise.

Many get turned off when they’re not super slim and tapered but a nice, fuller silhouette hemmed to proper length. 

My friend seemed more receptive to the typical “denim head” look. 

Personally I don’t do the “city lumberjack” look and avoid wearing a beanie, flannel or boots in the same outfit. 

Edited by j0el2

9 hours ago, edmond said:

Can u send me one of those? Pls? Oll pay for shipping

Of course i will Ed

They only run on 2G network tho, if your country doesn't support or limited coverage it wont work which is why they're not available everywhere.

You can buy them on Amazon (where i got mine from)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zanco-Tiny-T1-SIM-Free-Black/dp/B07GBBVR3Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=AIUJX9LV7OUC&keywords=zanco+tiny+t1&qid=1582447817&sprefix=ZANCO%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-1

..or ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zanco-Tiny-T1-Worlds-Smallest-Phone/143143202028?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2153ffecec:g:0koAAOSw0bpcb77E&enc=AQAEAAACQBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qVSgFbFicsj9miEGef4wLtP9EdOGMDEvMh2XQ%2BEhUkfXlBOEYxDIfUGpxQMy79Qt2AdWlWeKdj2vxKZMnYnxZDClwHjKshNBVKSJuunZ3wFkuYOtiyb6fvBwx5mmAhxhmwFrYr6dCV71hR5%2BPOb8OLpTWkagro3qSliOep4Jb%2BjK8Olbqj4qSc3Dvkr%2F%2FBYgMHY1GQSSjGqUD%2BRClLjMCWbV2AWJt2wwT98qVs4mCNa2cAEkCD%2FQ4GNbYLZG5tZkHtOjlZEVrmdpMiKsJtZ3zH6zMxdRjjrywt%2BibhTJuy0DVhiNBEGGRrAPA%2FiBfHPoqx6BLPKdY1%2BdM6kyM3nNN7qDqlPBa9vZUCNuP1u5i98k%2BxXIukdzzjWv%2Bew7Gf4R6GdpJfRepqexpd0QP7q8MxfWIz9BOhWHXONud8qcgWYLNj9B2l3tsSfrYBTicD3y4BrUr0vtfX%2F35v0SoPhVr2AEsfYzshdo85iFsQAq91NmH4ThussosoU2wGQ6PaKObLO2gjZOHUYT6v3ynnlrIR1bf8WpEOPI%2F2sZO3GvDx8ce8M%2FVk1wRDQray9kxmqQ1zcbsZULIs8s0RcJFzSrNVyZUC3YN8x3K0Q%2BAYaXq5KqL9giqtnaZ42rOJaABVsXIYlKo%2BBw0He9mKLrIwwzphMV%2BYD2MR3K7vKLEKgSyVXBn89gVWQTxBO9H1X%2FCGDBLDpCZOleV1if1VK%2Fg6nDGI1AWRPLN7ZdeekFf%2F58A0uuw%3D%3D&checksum=143143202028686d338f9b0f430fa5884b3c6613d83e

..the nxt gen 3G Kickstarter is due in April and you'll get free ship, its a much more advanced phone albeit larger at 60mm x 30mm as opposed to 40mm x 20mm...still small af tho.

Some UK couriers wont ship phones international because they don't have a 'dangerous goods certificate' for the lithium batteries, but if you can't get one from ^amazon or ^ebay send me a pm and i'll sort it for you.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:41 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Obviously, most of us here wear good denim, sweatshirts, chambray/denim/flannel shirts, denim/leather/military style jackets, quality footwear (whether boots, shoes, sneakers, etc). Do you consider a name for this style other than the obvious (although to me, cringeworthy) ‘denimhead’? The one I like, which, I think, is used by Free & Easy magazine, is ‘Rugged Man’ style.

i feel like getting into this rarefied denim world in the beginning shooketh the belief i had in the way i dressed back then. there was a time when too much online browsing made me long to dress like the mannequins in mister freedom's les apaches pictorials (even bought the gilet de ville vest!). but slowly after acquiring stuffs and realising i never wear some of them (after buying my rdt coupen boots i realised i don't really like big chunky work boots no matter how good they look with age! my most expensive experiment!), i went back to my normal styles, which vary from rockabilly-influenced casual wear (hence my tiny collection of fun-print dry bones shirts) to a tender model slash poor man kapital catalogue (without ever owning any piece by kapital).

On 2/22/2020 at 5:35 PM, mlwdp said:

Is InspirationLA mostly a trade show or is it open to the public?  Has anybody here gone to this before?

It's mostly catered towards the public. It is more vintage focused but modern brands do show up as well(I think OOE and Trophy were there this year and RMC has been there in the past)

It's fu*kin' strange coming back to sufu after a long long hiatus. Been through some of the threads, the content ain't the same, I guess that's somewhat expected...Kudos to all yous that stuck by, still getting hard on denim ;)

One for the UK members 

How long does it usually take for a package to clear customs when charges are being applied ? I've only ever been charged once and it was years ago so I'm not that familiar with the process 

Edited by Flash

If it's Parcel forces customs centre 2-5 days. As soon as it hits the delivery depot you can pay the charges and release for delivery. It's quicker to goto the depot if it's convenient for you and pay and collect yourself.  

Tomorrow and Friday is my bi annual area managers meeting: dress code casual.....

So I'll spend 2 days drinking with a group of guys in boot cut jeans 12 inches to long for them and pointy shoes listening to comments about my jeans not fitting me as I have a 'turn up' , telling me about the 'mint' armani copies they bought in Turkey :huh:

11 minutes ago, Geeman said:

If it's Parcel forces customs centre 2-5 days. As soon as it hits the delivery depot you can pay the charges and release for delivery. It's quicker to goto the depot if it's convenient for you and pay and collect yourself.  

Thanks mate 

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Good luck @Geeman, I like it when they wear dress shirts (with cuff-links) tucked into their low-cut jeans, beer-guts standing proud! :o

Oh no, it's casual mate so it will be dress shirts without the cuff links .... cuffs flapping around all over the place:D

8 hours ago, unders said:

Classic Jeremy Clarkson stylee 

On that subject I always think of JC whenever tucking a shirt into jeans  ( being of a certain age I have to do a Clarkson   safety check ...) and I actually didn't buy an A2 once as my son said it looks like something he'd wear!

7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Worst still are reasonably well dressed office types who've actually tried but failed, obliviously wearing a 'selvedge-less' turn'up... especially when said jeans are hard-washed on the outside but the pooly finished cuffed outer seam is still dark indigo.

Ouch! you came so close and fell at the final hurdle...

This, especially featuring Gstar or Desiel  'designer' jeans. 

Edited by Geeman

It's American presidents who've scarred me mentally regarding any kind of leather flight jacket, this image especially will haunt me to my cold, cold grave.

At least Blair resisted dressing like the Home Guard...although he would have benefited from some kind of sports bra...

Image result for george bush junior leather jacket

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Yeah, your right, it's probably got as much to do with what it symbolises, they'll pull them out the closet to invoke a sense of patriotism prior to bombing the shit out of some for.... i mean 'implementing foreign policy'
Don't take offense Americans, we're usually with you all the way...and historically we've done much worse shit.:blush:

I was also going to say that I'm surprised at how unhorrible the fit is on that jacket, but yes I certainly understand that whole invoking 'patriotism' issue. 

I just can't get over that a president wearing a leather jacket doesn't really look like a president wearing a leather jacket.