Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Fellas, we've got our tee shirts all wrong. Holy f**k. There needs to me a face plant emoji here 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j5yywd/vice-picks-the-perfect-white-tee?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_923213 

More Glad Hand news:

Report for General Shareholders Meeting

The shareholder's meeting was held at November 30th 2019.
We reached a unanimous agreement as follows.

Relieve Daisuke Koda of his representative director post. 
December 10, 2019
GLAD HAND & Co.
Representative director Takashi Satake

Report and Apology for arresting our former director and executive.

Former president of our company Daisuke Koda and former executives Kanji Hiroyama were arrested by Tokyo District Public Prosectors Office today because of the charge is that embezzlement.

We will pay special attention to this situation and will cooperate with the investigation.

We’ll take recurrence preventive measures as much as we need.
We sincerely apologize to people concerned for great worry, causing you trouble.

December 10, 2019
GLAD HAND & Co.
Representative director Takashi Satake

Here’s the official press release in the news:

Tokyo, Dec. 10 (Jiji Press)--Public prosecutors arrested a former head of apparel firm Glad Hand & Co. and a current official of the Tokyo-based company on Tuesday for alleged misappropriation.

This is the third case in which Japan's plea-bargaining system, introduced in June 2018, was used. The second case involved former Nissan Motor Co. <7201> boss Carlos Ghosn, who has been indicted on charges of financial misconduct.

In the misappropriation case, the former Glad Hand head, Daisuke Koda, 41, and the other suspect are charged with pocketing a total of about 5 million yen from a company office in Tokyo's Setagaya Ward between mid-July and mid-August this year.

The special investigation team of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office did not disclose whether the suspects have admitted the charges. The total amount of Glad Hand funds embezzled by the duo may have actually reached tens of millions of yen, investigative sources said.

Under the plea-bargaining system, a Glad Hand employee is believed to have provided evidence of the suspects' embezzlement to the prosecutors, in exchange for immunity in the case.

https://www.nippon.com/en/news/yjj2019121000690/

Edited by mlwdp

Damn, I hung out with those two dudes for hours, had coffee with them, and they showed us their offices and they workings of the company in 2014.  I guess they left out the embezzlement part.

I'm looking to get some jeans made from Dyneema (UHMW) core yarns for motorcycle slide protection.  Apparently these jeans have tested higher in abrasion resistance over all other competing single layer jean makeups (kevlar, cordura, etc) at 6+ seconds.

https://www.motolegends.com/rokker-pant-slide-times

UHMW/Dyneema seems like a fairly easy material to get a hold of and not that difficult to work with so it would be cool to see some jeans from Ironheart or similar motorcycle branded company. I'm not sure who makes the yarn for these companies that make these jeans but the prospective company would have to find that UHMW core cotton wrapped yarn to use.

Edited by givemefive

20 minutes ago, givemefive said:

the UK one? Aren't they just a retailer of Ironheart not the mfg. themselves?

They work *very* closely with the manufacturer and definitely have some input on ideas & products.

4 minutes ago, andrewrose said:

Red Clouds Collective makes one, though it/they are not specifically marketing as mc wear:

https://redcloudscollective.com/collections/new-products/products/gn-01-fitted-work-pant-dyneema-denim

(mc as in motorcycle, not as in hammers)

Made With 12oz USA Cone Mills Dyneema® Denim (92% Cotton, 8% Dyneema)

huh interesting wonder how many yards of this stuff is left.. Not sure how 12oz 8% dyneema stacks up versus this Rokker brand. Guess I can ask Rokker and find out.

10 hours ago, givemefive said:

Made With 12oz USA Cone Mills Dyneema® Denim (92% Cotton, 8% Dyneema)

huh interesting wonder how many yards of this stuff is left.. Not sure how 12oz 8% dyneema stacks up versus this Rokker brand. Guess I can ask Rokker and find out.

All of the moto forums have discussed Dyneema at length. 12-oz denim with 8% dyneema is going to last 2 seconds skidding across the pavement before its shredded. That ain’t much. You might as well be wearing yoga pants.

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All of the moto forums have discussed Dyneema at length. 12-oz denim with 8% dyneema is going to last 2 seconds skidding across the pavement before its shredded. That ain’t much. You might as well be wearing yoga pants.

Yup that's what I figured.  Rokker uses a 14oz which gets them 6s on the CE slide test. I guess its more like 50 or 60% dyneema.  4s is required for level 1 cert.  I think its equivalent to a 75 meter slide. 

Edited by givemefive

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Who makes a good casual blazer?

Blazer or sport coat? They are very different things.

In the US, Brooks Brothers & Paul Stuart make good stuff (though arguably overpriced - look for sales), in the UK Drake's is good and I once got a great Harris tweed coat at Marks & Spencer... You might want to browse Styleforum for more up-to-date recommendations, or here for Ivy-style sack coats discussions. You can often find good deals on eBay but you have to know what you're looking for.

Corduroy jackets are superb with jeans and not too dressy... SDA made one in the past. 

Edit: No Harris tweed at M&S anymore, so scratch this...

Edited by JDelage

EG do a selection of jackets in that style that can be dressed up or down. The bedford you mentioned comes in a large range of colours and materials but there's others to consider. I have the engineer Jacket which is similar and it's very versatile. 

Also check out orgueil or RMC sack coats, little bit different but again can be dressed up or down. 

6 hours ago, JDelage said:

Blazer or sport coat? They are very different things.

Shows you what I know about formal style! ^_^
This is the Bedford, that's basically the style I'm looking for. Something that can go over a shirt to make the occasion slightly more formal but not really dressy.
rqyh4ivqmhlfdfgfvipq.jpg
Edit: This PBJ jacket would work too, but seemingly sold out.
Sashiko_Tailored_Work_Jacket_1_800x.jpg?

Edited by Broark

Cool. Those are pretty much as casual as it gets with regard to sport coats (not a bad thing). Elements that make those more casuals are: unstructured construction, light weight fabric, patch pockets, etc.

MFSC has made a number that would fit your bill I suspect: https://www.misterfreedom.com/mister-freedom-jackets.html#jackets_sport 

A tweed sport coat like this one would be a bit less casual (but still very much informal) & more versatile. This is just for illustration purpose as I don't know anything about this model...

A blazer is a very characteristic jacket generally made of worsted wool, with golden buttons, and often double breasted. It's the civilian item of clothing that looks most directly pulled out of a dress uniform. This BB example is fairly typical. Personally I don't find them very versatile....