Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

On 3/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, unders said:

Please share photos. This sounds too good to miss. 

I’m picturing something along the lines of...

Dm7tlV

I’m not gonna post pics. Just genuinely curious if people are trying to turn it into a thing like denim. I like ponchos in theory but then I see pics and think it looks costumey. Big hats are just stupid looking imho. I mean, some dude somewhere is wearing a ridiculous looking hat that looks like a prop from Blazing Saddles and he actually thinks it looks good. “Mongo pawn in game of life.” lol

I always respect seeing a guy wearing a weird hat. I can't pull off weird hats, they make me self-conscious. But when I see a guy wearing a weird hat, in my mind a say "respect", cause they're giving the world something to look at - creating content for folks to react to. Wish I saw more. 

10 minutes ago, 501XX4EVER said:

That may be one of the saddest things I have read on the the ole WWW for quite some time. I'm guessing you're in your late 20's early 30's?

Really?  I fully understand what @Todd Shelton is saying.  If you don't take fashion and clothing too seriously it's just something to look at.  How different is somebody wearing a weird hat to somebody driving around some insanely visually-loud custom car?  

The world of clothing and fashion would be so boring, and a place like Supertalk probably wouldn't even exist, if the people who took chances and pushed the boundaries of fashion didn't exist.

27 minutes ago, kiya said:

Really?  I fully understand what @Todd Shelton is saying.  If you don't take fashion and clothing too seriously it's just something to look at.  How different is somebody wearing a weird hat to somebody driving around some insanely visually-loud custom car?  

The world of clothing and fashion would be so boring, and a place like Supertalk probably wouldn't even exist, if the people who took chances and pushed the boundaries of fashion didn't exist.

I was reacting to the notion of "creating content for folks to react to", that's why I edited the original statement in my reply. I couldn't care less about "fashion", however you choose to define it.

The notion that everyone everywhere is contriving every aspect of their life, including wearing a hat, apparently, in order to create "content" for folks to react to is a sad and depressing thought and one of the worst aspects of the world of social media. Maybe they're just wearing a kooky hat, not "creating content for folks to react to".

Edited by 501XX4EVER

6 hours ago, JDelage said:

Those are not big calves, nor thighs for that matter.

Always with the talk of people's leg size?! Seriously - why is it that you always comment or make reference specifically to your own or others leg size? 

Edited by UkeNo

On 12/27/2018 at 3:24 PM, mlwdp said:

I really want a silver wallet chain.  Good Art asks for too much as I can get it cheaper overseas.  I can only imagine how much Lynch costs.  My limit would be $700-1200.  Once I get that, I'll sell my brass IH chain I don't wear as much as its very long.  

Brass chains leave chain fades on denim btw if you're into that.  They leave a ring on the denim after long periods of wear.

I actually recently made myself a silver one, but I use it for my keys. Designing the S hook or clasp is actually the hardest part.

Levi's IPO today - first time they have traded stock publicly in 2 decades

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-19/levi-strauss-ipo-orders-are-said-directed-above-price-range

Anyone interested in buying stock or more worried about how this will increase profit chasing and affect the product they offer both in terms of quality and range?

I hope LVC survives this long term. 

Edited by UkeNo

7 hours ago, UkeNo said:

Levi's IPO today - first time they have traded stock publicly in 2 decades

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-19/levi-strauss-ipo-orders-are-said-directed-above-price-range

Anyone interested in buying stock or more worried about how this will increase profit chasing and affect the product they offer both in terms of quality and range?

I hope LVC survives this long term. 

^^I just posted this in the LVC thread. We shall see. I can't imagine Levi's getting rid of STF 501s but LVC would seem to be imperiled unless someone can show its making a profit. Actually, I'd be fine if LVC was just a range of limited production jeans/jackets, minus the other stuff that just seems a bit costumey...

Well, when the LVC 501s I ordered from those f**ckers in San Francisco came out to almost CDN500, SOMEONE is making money.

(yeah, I refused the shipment. F*ck those guys)

Anyone else ever find themselves in a stylistic rut of sorts? I don't see much that I'm really compelled to buy these days.
I wear the same like 5 to 10 shirts/t-shirts almost all the time, and a pair of Roy or Ooe jeans daily. Nothing else does it for me these days.
Sure when something new from Roy or Ooe comes out I'll buy it from a collection standpoint, I know what I like. But outside of that there's not much that does it for me.
Maybe it's time I take some time off from the forums or something. :unsure:

Kind of getting to that point as well @Broark. Flannels are a great example. Buy a ton, only wear about three of them a majority of the time, sold the others off. 

I'm noticing myself wanting to get more jeans just for my collection, not necessarily to wear right away, which I have never done in the past or had the desire to do so. I haven't done that with any other garment yet either, just jeans.  

I've been liking more and more military inspired stuff, so I've been slowly adding stuff based on that. I am sure I will move on to something else after that but who knows. 

I am much more discerning when looking at stuff lately though.