Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

8 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

In several years, Hypebeast and other publications will identify this page of the thread as the moment Sandlotcore was born.

Does this mean we need to start a new music genre along with clothing style?

My vote is 1950s rock and roll blended with screamo. 

You know, I've seen Kiya lament how music used to inform how you'd dress (hence the rockabilly/vintage connection), but I've never really known what to do with this. I mostly listen to stuff that follows under the umbrella of indie rock. I don't think there's really any particular uniform for that, compared to punk, rockabilly, heavy metal, etc. Perhaps I should just dictate one.

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Yeah, a good subculture needs music to go with it. So many subcultures these days are just a look it seems. What do hypewear kids even listen to? Bieber?

Anyway, Sandlotcore discussion is useless without pics:

1962 recreated:

the-sandlot-e1532709815120.png&w=700&q=8

'50s OG:

6fe23f37.jpg

KqoUIRcpEizl.jpg

3 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

You know, I've seen Kiya lament how music used to inform how you'd dress (hence the rockabilly/vintage connection), but I've never really known what to do with this. I mostly listen to stuff that follows under the umbrella of indie rock. I don't think there's really any particular uniform for that, compared to punk, rockabilly, heavy metal, etc. Perhaps I should just dictate one.

I mostly listen to classic rock, early 2000's pop punk, and a boatload of Rush. Not sure that fits with my Sophisticated Japanese biker look.

5 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Other than rockabilly, I'd say I listen to all of the above, I sometimes feel out of place at these shows cause I'm not really wearing "the uniform," although you do see your fair share of selvedge jeans at indie rock and hardcore/punk shows these days, at least in California.

If anybody here is going to be in Greensboro, NC in the next month or so, the Wrangler Pop-up shop is going to be held downtown again.  I posted some pics of it in the WAYDT thread.  I'm sure there will be Cone denim offerings and rare goods by Wrangler in the shop like last time.  I wouldn't be surprised if Evan of Hudsons Hill's secret project with the brand is displayed as well.  Stop by and chat and get your denim chain stitched hemmed.

Edited by mlwdp

Just some art the Rezar store sent me with my recent order.  This was my first time ordering from their standalone site instead of the Rakuten version. They sent a specially designed package shipment which was cool too I guess.

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

While I'm looking at getting a HW Dog and Co hat, I noticed this fit.  Definitely like the look overall.  Effortless.

Pasted from Top Jimmy

The best of the models wear
Brown's BEACH (Browns Beach) Beach cross work best early best / BBJ 7-001
Models wear t-shirt
INDIAN MOTORCYCLE (Indian motorcycle) long sleeve check Western shirt / IM27372
Models wear bottoms
HELLER'S CAFE hears nonpareill straight jeans / HC-3
Models wear boots
WESCO (Wesco)

hwd_d_00047_cd.jpg

Looks like the new Oni x Tanuki collab jeans and jacket are even more sought after than a pair of Roy's jeans.
Apparently only 2 items pair size were given to retailers and those seem to be all sold out in seconds.

Interesting since the raw denim market is pretty saturated and most special editions, limited editions or new releases can be bought without much hassel. Even Roy jeans are still available on his site :D
Dunno where the hype for Oni x Tanuki came from but I blame reddit for it ;)