Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

21 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

Yeah what’s up with the rep?? I felt bad no one liked my new boots... lol

been broke for about 2 weeks since an update. Seems they are progressively throwing more techpower at it to try to fix it

@MasonAlexanderSpeaking of buying clothing from a cooler season while in a hotter season, I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a Gangsterville long sleeve button up shirt that I have been eyeing on for awhile as the sizes are selling out.  I'm hoping the shirt fits as I've never personally owned regular shirts from the Glad Hand brand, only tshirts.  

IMG_2789.JPG

I buy whatever I want regardless of time of the year. I probably do buy a few more t shirts in warmer months, but most of the sweatshirts that I have bought have been purchased in the spring and summer simply based on what came available.

Of course, this may partly be due to wear I live. It can get warm even in the winter and I can sometimes wear jackets on nights into June, so I don't have to be as seasonal with my clothing.

1 hour ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I buy whatever I want regardless of time of the year. I probably do buy a few more t shirts in warmer months, but most of the sweatshirts that I have bought have been purchased in the spring and summer simply based on what came available.

Of course, this may partly be due to wear I live. It can get warm even in the winter and I can sometimes wear jackets on nights into June, so I don't have to be as seasonal with my clothing.

Maybe I'm not paying attention enough, but I wish more overseas shops, particularly in Japan, would embrace having sales on past or out of season items.  I've seen online sometimes when they do run a sale, which usually has a long line outside the store but not always available to overseas customers since it's a instore only promotion.  Fall/Summer/Random/etc sales promotions seems to be more a of US thing IMO.  Even Black Friday seems out of the norm for some overseas shops.

Last time I saw a shop off of a Rakuten have a sale, it was a going out of business sale!

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Are you a TSB customer?! ;)

haha thankfully not. Although that was bound to happen sooner or later to a bank, most banks IT is so out of date it's unreal

On 4/29/2018 at 9:07 AM, mlwdp said:

Maybe I'm not paying attention enough, but I wish more overseas shops, particularly in Japan, would embrace having sales on past or out of season items.  I've seen online sometimes when they do run a sale, which usually has a long line outside the store but not always available to overseas customers since it's a instore only promotion.  Fall/Summer/Random/etc sales promotions seems to be more a of US thing IMO.  Even Black Friday seems out of the norm for some overseas shops.

Last time I saw a shop off of a Rakuten have a sale, it was a going out of business sale!

B)

https://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=sale&sid=speedway-shop&l-id=gs_product_search

Not sure where to put this so I figured I would post it here. Today I met a couple people related to Indigofera jeans and Pancho & Lefty Shop from Sweden while they were visiting here in Austin, TX. They were a really nice bunch! I’m terrible with names and forgot, but it was a husband and wife (I believe the wife was working for Indigofera) and she had her husband decked out in Indigofera jeans and a (I think) Freewheelers shirt. The jeans were made from a nice green cast denim I think in the Ray fit. We talked a bit about their jeans and how I had seen them at S&S and various other stores online. She took my card (I work at a small menswear store here, the husband came in and bought some Vuarnet sunglasses the day before) and wrote down my jeans size before she left. I mentioned to her that I had looked at the gunpowder denim before and she told me that during development they had to toy with the fabric a bit because the gunpowder was causing the denim to break down too quickly. I have to say after meeting them I definitely want a pair! Just a random denimhead story for the day. :) 

On 02.05.2018 at 10:23 AM, JDelage said:

I have several Indigofera shirts; they are among my favorites. They have a good eye for design.

but unconsistent with sizing. have Norris flannel and while chosing one found out that one model in different colors can be of different dimensions.

• 2 weeks later...

Not griping, but it seems like every time the forum goes through tech issues, the amount of people posting here because less and less.  Just an observation, seeing how Instagram and Reddit has taken over.  

I can't deal with reddits format. Denimbro's a great knowledge base but not as diverse as brand/opinion/fit and style wise as here.

Current tech issues are a pain but I'll stick with it till its resolved. It's a free service that I get almost daily use out of so I'll bear with the tech guys while they sort it out. 

superfuture is a digital cockroach. it will never die.

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

The fact that rep still doesnt work is unbelievable. Its like superfuture is doing whatever they can to ensure they put themselves in the dustbin of history.

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

If rep is anyone’s primary reason to be here, then long may it not work.

rep it's a user engagement feature that makes the whole experience more fun to a lot of people, me included in fairness.

7 hours ago, Geeman said:

I can't deal with reddits format. Denimbro's a great knowledge base but not as diverse as brand/opinion/fit and style wise as here.

I'm with you on this.

Why do we need a rep button anyway. If you want to give someone a thumbs up, get @ them and write YASSSSS or put a sweet emoji in or something.

It will make the user feel even better, because it required more effort.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS.

The rep thing is annoying for sure, but at least the forum is working again. I have always tried to diversify myself and I am active here, on denimbro, and Instagram. I'm not on Reddit, though because I despise its format.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

32 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I'm not on Reddit, though because I despise its format.

It's terrible isn't it?! I will never understand how it works... Pity as some sub reddits seem to have a lot  of interesting information, especially goodyearwelt. But the whole format is too cumbersome to me too.

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

It's terrible isn't it?! I will never understand how it works... Pity as some sub reddits seem to have a lot  of interesting information, especially goodyearwelt. But the whole format is too cumbersome to me too.

Indeed. I don't understand how it became so popular with the format being so awful. I have a reddit account, but I used it only a couple of times in r/rawdenim and r/goodyearwelt before giving up on the format. 

Reddit has always struck me as the stretched out black Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt, cargo shorts/Wal-Mart dad jeans, white socks, and dirty grey running shoes of Internet discussion boards, hence why it might appeal to a fairly large segment of the population.  

I think that Reddit’s format is perfect for lurkers and some topics, like technology, where things are constantly changing and there’s a lot of new news. 

I think it’s horrible for raw denim. Any information that could’ve been useful gets buried with each new post, meaning you see the same things pop up over and over and over again. 

Also, Reddit’s format in general just seems very impersonal. Maybe it’s because the site is so huge but if you make a comment it seems like almost no one will read it, whereas with superfuture people are forced to read your drivel! Again, I think it works well for lurkers though when you sort by top rated comments or whatever. 

1 hour ago, itsbenhere said:

I think that Reddit’s format is perfect for lurkers and some topics, like technology, where things are constantly changing and there’s a lot of new news. 

I think it’s horrible for raw denim. Any information that could’ve been useful gets buried with each new post, meaning you see the same things pop up over and over and over again. 

Also, Reddit’s format in general just seems very impersonal. Maybe it’s because the site is so huge but if you make a comment it seems like almost no one will read it, whereas with superfuture people are forced to read your drivel! Again, I think it works well for lurkers though when you sort by top rated comments or whatever. 

rep

8 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Reddit has always struck me as the stretched out black Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt, cargo shorts/Wal-Mart dad jeans, white socks, and dirty grey running shoes of Internet discussion boards, hence why it might appeal to a fairly large segment of the population.  

That's a very descriptive opinion :D:D

7 hours ago, Geeman said:

That's a very descriptive opinion :D:D

P.S. Reddit, backyard wrestling is back on, I've stolen some of my aunt's folding chairs and am currently thinking of a way to construct a cage out of old drycleaners' coat hangers.