Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I bought most of my OCBD and workwear shirts at the link below because they are slim and can be worn untucked. The brand is Bufan Studio (Tang Bo Xiao Hu) from China. If I google translate it correctly the boss actually do all the sewing himself. I still can't tell the differences in quality especially when it comes to typical fabrics such as OCBD so I can't justify paying few times more the price to Japanese brands. As long the shirt fabric don't pill (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pill_(textile)), fading and distortion (不起球、不褪色、不变形) then I guess it can be consider as high quality. 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.11.22464244842ZsV&scm=1007.10009.70205.100200300000001&id=540565568803&pvid=90d62353-0280-4ab6-b66e-5568300e35a2

Edited by keybladehero

Normally a tshirt isn't a big deal but the quality on this West Ride tee I just got had to be posted since this was my frirst experience with them.  The tshirt fits true to size which I'll post me wearing it later.  They have weird sizing also so I'll let people be the judge of my fit in the tee shirt in waywt.  All of their tshirts are heavy weight cotton, one wash I think.

See if you can spot the WESTERN RIVER.

edit:  the shirt is too big.  Going to sell it  now.  Size 42(xlarge).

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

A thought, a reflection -

Do you guys still pursue purchasing long sleeve shirts, sweaters, jackets etc that you are lusting after during the warmer months? Or do you try to forget about them and wait to purchase until the Summer has passed?

Personally, I try not to let the weather determine what I am about to buy because I have a fear that the piece will sell out and be gone forever

But for the sake of sparking a conversation, I am curious about the approach that everybody else takes

2 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

A thought, a reflection -

Do you guys still pursue purchasing long sleeve shirts, sweaters, jackets etc that you are lusting after during the warmer months? Or do you try to forget about them and wait to purchase until the Summer has passed?

Personally, I try not to let the weather determine what I am about to buy because I have a fear that the piece will sell out and be gone forever

But for the sake of sparking a conversation, I am curious about the approach that everybody else takes

Usually some of these items go on sale during the summer months which are great to jump on.  I'll still buy these items even if they don't go on sale during these times as I'd rather get them now than deal with it selling out and I can't get it anymore during the cooler months.   I'd rather have it now even though it will be a wait to wear them as I live in a very hot area of the US.  I'm just glad we get seasons here!

Why risk buying something later because of the weather when it might not be there when the season changes?

I have a hard time justifying any kind of jacket purchase in the spring/summer since the summer is so long and brutal here.
Why buy something when I know I won't be able to wear it until November? If I really love it or it's a good deal then I might jump but most likely I'd just wait.
Now shirts I can justify since I'll likely still wear a long sleeve shirt even in the summer.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

I have a hard time justifying any kind of jacket purchase in the spring/summer since the summer is so long and brutal here.
Why buy something when I know I won't be able to wear it until November? If I really love it or it's a good deal then I might jump but most likely I'd just wait.
Now shirts I can justify since I'll likely still wear a long sleeve shirt even in the summer.

If I remember you're in Austin so it makes perfect sense.  I've seen your waywt and always wonder if you can get away with wearing a tshirt all year!  

I'm in the UK so theres no pint delaying purchases because of summer.....

If I see something I like and I can afford it I buy as I've hesitated to many times only to see it go and never come back!

On the subject of seasonal buys the last couple of years I've been lucky enough to do a fair bit of travel, including BKK  ( 2 or 3 times) Tokyo and HK so have done a lot of my shopping abroad, trouble is I seem to always buy items that aren't appropriate for the uk weather I return to! Bought T's and light shirts in UK winter and heavy coats and knitwear  in UK spring. 

First world problems...

If it's something I really want, and feel that it will sell out or it's a bargain, I'll get it now.

I'd say, speaking strictly unscientifically but IME, most people buy clothes for the season they're in though. If it's hot outside then a jacket just isn't that appealing to my lizard brain, or vice versa, and I figure most people are pretty similar, even if the item is on sale and it would make more sense to buy it then.

I don’t understand this seasonal shopping conundrum you all speak of. It’s 60-65 degrees year round here in the Bay Area. My wardrobe is consistently “fall” type stuff, and I currently don’t own a heavy coat or a pair of shorts. 

20 hours ago, CAL415 said:

I don’t understand this seasonal shopping conundrum you all speak of. It’s 60-65 degrees year round here in the Bay Area. My wardrobe is consistently “fall” type stuff, and I currently don’t own a heavy coat or a pair of shorts. 

The 60-65 year round is only for a very small portion of the bay ;) 

I don't think I could justify a jacket purchase in the south bay (or even east east bay) during the summer

Edited by d-rew12