Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I completely disagree with Roy's soaking/washing methods. I like to get as much of the shrinkage out as possible at the very beginning. I hot soak for an hour twice for most of my jeans and have even tossed my latest pair in the washing machine in addition to those soaks before wearing them.

@MasonAlexander There is blue works here in Sydney that sells Pherrows. Steve the owner can hem them for you as well. Shipping to Cananda would not be too crazy either. 

Not sure if he has your size in stock but might be able to order for you. Hope you find that helpful.

https://blueworkstore.com/collections/pherrows/products/pherrows-500-jeans?variant=30077575821

15 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

@MasonAlexander There is blue works here in Sydney that sells Pherrows. Steve the owner can hem them for you as well. Shipping to Cananda would not be too crazy either. 

Not sure if he has your size in stock but might be able to order for you. Hope you find that helpful.

https://blueworkstore.com/collections/pherrows/products/pherrows-500-jeans?variant=30077575821

Very cool store! I havent heard of this one. Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, it seems as though Pherrows run very small, from the measurements that ive seen, it seems as though I’ll need to size up atleast 2 sizes. A 32 or 33 insted of my usual 30

17 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Ship John(some store in Portland) has a collab with Langlitz Leathers coming up.

IMG_2528.PNG

Dean Delray just posted a new episode of his Let there be talk podcast with Mike of Ship John.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saisen said:

Lol, i was waiting for my pictures to upload when you uploaded this

Ever heard of a traditional Japanese underwear, “Fundoshi”?

We, the Japanese Fundoshi Association aim to spread the long history and cultures of Fundoshi
to generate better understandings and interests towards Fundoshi for people.

‘Fundoshi’ is Japan’s Original ‘costume’ and ‘underwear’.

and more than anything, we want to let the entire world know that Fundoshi is considered 
‘healthy’ to wear to sleep.

WHAT IS FUNDOSHI

Until recent years, all men and women in Japan wore Fundoshi.

All mens from Japanese woodblock prints, carpenter, the fish-shop, craftsman and traders were
all seen wearing a Fundoshi. It was actually considered as men’s work clothes. Even today, there
are a lot of Japanese people wearing ‘Fundoshi’ as a fashionable-relax-wear.

Fundoshi is comfortable, and a very unique Japanese culture.

Why not purchase as a souvenirs during your stay in Japan.

WHY FUNDOSHI IS GOOD FOR THE HEALTH

How come Fundoshi is considered good for the health when wearing to sleep?

By putting an end to your tight underwear, it forms cold temperature to the body which cause the
body to produce heat. In result, it allows a smoother blood circulation and healthier body 
function.

14TH OF FEBRUARY IS FUNDOSHI DAY

Although 14th of February is known for Valentines day in many countries, it is also a Fundoshi 
day in Japan. On valentines day, people celebrate by sending chocolates, flowers and messages 
to their loved ones to honor their love for each other, however in Japan, we send Fundoshi to the 
ones we love.

I know we have a few Japanese speakers on the forum and I was hoping one of you could translate this 

IMG_20180305_204453_zpszvvkg8g2.jpg

It's from my 501xx book , I know there is a translation below but it just seems there is a whole lot more info in the Japanese text 

I can't wait until it's summer so I can line dry outside and give the dryer a rest.  Nothing like drying your denim and clothes in 90-100 degree suffocating heat lol.

Edited by mlwdp

On 3/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, Flash said:

I know we have a few Japanese speakers on the forum and I was hoping one of you could translate this

It's from my 501xx book , I know there is a translation below but it just seems there is a whole lot more info in the Japanese text 

Actually, there isn't any additional information, beyond noting that in the face of the 160 year history of the brand so beloved by ardent fans worldwide, some parts of the Levis story remain shrouded in mystery--which can be said to be one of the charming aspects of the brand. 

5 hours ago, descriptionofa said:

Actually, there isn't any additional information, beyond noting that in the face of the 160 year history of the brand so beloved by ardent fans worldwide, some parts of the Levis story remain shrouded in mystery--which can be said to be one of the charming aspects of the brand. 

Thanks mate