Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

What does the community feel about having a designated hat thread? I think we should really have one. There are lots of great hats showing up in different WAYWT pics. Guys SHOULD be wearing quality hats, and many are, but they do not get the attention deserved.

I've primarily worn schwag caps to cover my dome and shield the sun, but I'm stepping up my hat game. I'm getting to know some of the better makers and what to look for in a quality lid. I'd like to learn more and see what fella's are wearing with denim and heritage/workwear inspired clothing. 

3 hours ago, mpukas said:

What does the community feel about having a designated hat thread? I think we should really have one. There are lots of great hats showing up in different WAYWT pics. Guys SHOULD be wearing quality hats, and many are, but they do not get the attention deserved.

I've primarily worn schwag caps to cover my dome and shield the sun, but I'm stepping up my hat game. I'm getting to know some of the better makers and what to look for in a quality lid. I'd like to learn more and see what fella's are wearing with denim and heritage/workwear inspired clothing. 

I am very down for a hat thread! Ive got some goodies to contribute!

Anyone know where I can get The 501XX book stateside? Superdenim has it but I don’t want to pay nearly 30 bucks in shipping. Might be cheaper to contact Berberjin directly and see if they’ll ship me a copy from Japan.

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

You could buy it from The Shop Vancouver but seeing their price...well, you decide

I think that one would be more than buying from Superdenim. :wacko:
Think I might just have to go directly to the source this time.

I'm more bothered by the "Made in USA of Mexico fabric" tag.

They don't have a copywriter which understands basic English grammar?

6 hours ago, kiya said:

I'm more bothered by the "Made in USA of Mexico fabric" tag.

They don't have a copywriter which understands basic English grammar?

It would cost them money, which their executives desperately need for their multi-million dollar salaries

I'm not sure if this has been talked about recently or not, but I've noticed that it seems like the large majority of the mills, sew factories, etc in japan are an older workforce. Is there much interest in these things from the younger generations in Japan? Aside from ooe yofokuten and some others?

Where do you guys see the Japanese denim industry is 10-20 years with a shrinking(or maybe not?) workforce of this kind of skilled labor?

They raised this topic in Weaving Shibusa.

The main issue is that the rate of pay is not very high compared to other industries so it does not attract younger people.

There is a very real issue that in the future there will be a skill shortage of people who know how to keep these machines running.

They're too busy working to death for low pay (seriously).

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-39981997

If you really want to go indepth about Japan's employment relationship with marriages/raising families:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/07/japan-mystery-low-birth-rate/534291/

Edited by mlwdp