Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

1 hour ago, propellerbeanie said:

What's with people lifting up one foot onto their tippy toes when taking pictures with their jeans on? Is it to show some sort of movement..? I've always found it odd and unnatural, but that's (maybe) just me being fussy.

whos this mother fucker your talking about? snitch it out

33 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Ha nothing with high cuffs! I’m prob an inch away from officially owning capris....although i do think it is a little weird when the jeans are really slim and super tapered. 

As always, to each their own ;) Personally I just don't get doing the high water look on purpose. As long as I can remember you'd have been ridiculed for it and suddenly a few years ago it becomes fashionable? Get off my lawn :D

Maybe I’m just an asshole but for some reason the instagram denim community seems so much lamer than here for instance. 

Something about those pictures, and a lot of raw denim pics, just looks so lame to me. I feel like it’s cooler if you like to talk about stuff rather than just post extremely posed photos. 

Sure, if a dude shows a pic where he wades through a swamp or something I'd be the last to critique his high cuffed pants ;)

To be honest it just baffles me that showing ankles isn't just a "it's hot as balls" thing any longer. When it's 35°C I'm enjoying a breeze around my ankles too. But there's people out and about right now with temps around 5°C in skinny jeans rolled up way over their ankles and they aren't even showing off any interesting socks (because paying as much for one pair as you would for 10 pairs at H&M is inconceivable to them but that's another topic). Girls do it too, fur lined parkas, wool hats and scarfs up top paired with no-show-socks in low top sneakers with a pant roll that shows that off and I just think "which is it, are you cold or hot"?

I'm sorry, this is really more a "I used to be with it, but then they changed what IT was" rant :D 

Has anyone ever had any shitty buyers on eBay request a "not as described" return? I recently sold a schott peacoat that was clearly black, and I have the buyer saying he would like to return it because its navy colored. He took a picture of it next to a blacker bed duvet or something and that's his proof/justification.

I think I'm done selling on eBay. I know they will most likely side with him no matter what, and I'll be forced to pay for return shipping just because he has buyers remorse. 

that sucks. I dont remember if it was ebay or grailed but I had that happen with a pair of chinos that matched the measurements I provided but the buyer said that I had moved the waist button (I didnt). He did this 3 weeks after he received the pants, tried flipping them without any success for a week, and then tried to ask me to offer him a refund bc it didn't fit him. This was his last resort and of course PayPal sided with the buyer so I had to refund him the money and eat the shipping costs. I almost paid as much in shipping as the pants were worth so I kept them. Some people's buyer's remorse makes them act in shitty ways. What can you do? 

14 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

Any good account rec's to follow? Looking for some different inspiration. 

Just looking at my following list real quick here are a few that were off the top: @keita_igawa_tm @fakealpha @yoshikazu.ak @yu301619 @polar_shiro_bear @ttnn_xx @beck19771977 @prince_of_gpan @y_n08
You could probably just look at who I follow and go from there. :D

20 hours ago, Cucoo said:

The pose is stupid, yes. But this habit of cuffing so high to practically make capris of your jeans infuriates me even more :D so hashtag dapper. Hashtag bearded dude. Hashtag everything box fresh never worn. 

my homage!

i'm standing on my head whilst doing it! pointed toes for n00bs

i doing some l33t bizz

IMG_4367.JPG

15 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

Has anyone ever had any shitty buyers on eBay request a "not as described" return? I recently sold a schott peacoat that was clearly black, and I have the buyer saying he would like to return it because its navy colored. He took a picture of it next to a blacker bed duvet or something and that's his proof/justification.

I think I'm done selling on eBay. I know they will most likely side with him no matter what, and I'll be forced to pay for return shipping just because he has buyers remorse. 

Did you take pictures of the labels and tags? they usually have the item and colour code on them so its easy to refer to the manufacturers website and product description to cover yourself for bullshit like that on eBay.

4 hours ago, bod said:

Did you take pictures of the labels and tags? they usually have the item and colour code on them so its easy to refer to the manufacturers website and product description to cover yourself for bullshit like that on eBay.

Out of my own stupidity, I only took pictures of the collar label,  which only indicates the model, county of manufacture, etc. Would have been smart to capture the actual care label :wacko: