Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

On 11/1/2017 at 12:56 PM, aho said:

Unfortunately/fortunately IG is my favorite medium for my other interests, but honestly I've had to unfollow a few denim type accounts the past few days. You'd think after all these years the "lifestyle" types (not sure what else to call them) would burn themselves out, or at least want to try something new, but I guess all of the likes truly become an addiction and keeps fueling them on. That said, all the Japanese dudes are still keeping it real which I can appreciate. Just frustrating to think that in a way we built this monster (workwear fashunz aka city lumberjack?), or it at least came out of all we hold true and dear (denim, vintage, quality products made ethically with soul to obsessive lengths) to the point that it's become a factory molded disingenuous trend ripe with product placement and sponsors. Workwear is truly dead! But maybe it's up to us to revive it?

I've been burnt out on workwear in general for a while now. I'm ready for some fresh inspo too, Aho. I wish our favorite Japanese brands would branch out to some stuff beyond flannels with so-called "insane weaves" etc. I feel like warehouse kinda branches out into a more ivy aesthetic while still going deep into the workwear archives. Fullcount seems to be experimenting more lately too. 

On another slightly related note, I've recently bought some of the sugar cane 470 black jeans, and not only do I really love the cut, denim and details, I think that sugar cane's price point has ruined me. I increasingly can't see spending more than $200 for jeans again, when they can knock shit out of the park for ~$125. Like I mentioned above though, I just wish they branched out of the repro workwear box more, like they did with the 2014/470. Authentic repro details, modern cut etc. 

Likewise on the workwear, I mean how many ways are there to weave a flannel etc. I'm back to looking for button downs and plaids, perhaps ivy is the way I'm heading also. Spending more time looking at gitman than PBJ's for example. 

3 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Likewise on the workwear, I mean how many ways are there to weave a flannel etc. I'm back to looking for button downs and plaids, perhaps ivy is the way I'm heading also. Spending more time looking at gitman than PBJ's for example. 

I want to like Gitman but all of their shirts are sewn really long, as in they're meant for people who tuck.

16 hours ago, Geeman said:

Having said that.... Friday evening, couple of bourbons in and you see @Danny @ Rivet & Hide is having a sale.. that's enough reason to buy another flannel surely? :blush:

4 hours ago, Geeman said:

Having said that.... Friday evening, couple of bourbons in and you see @Danny @ Rivet & Hide is having a sale.. that's enough reason to buy another flannel surely? :blush:

Same quandary; just picked up a sugar cane flannel and a pair of dry bones from the self edge sale. Giant hypocrite, I know.

4 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Well prices for the UES shirts are great, would buy if I didn't have two colors already, same for the TFH madras and the yellow IH, already have those :D

Copped the 3sixteen flannel! 

Theres this local “artisans” who makes jeans wanna review a pair and buy one but seems like the measurement is a mix of inches and centimeters weird 

they figured out a whole new measuring system  i cant even think off how theh married inches and centimeters

184A6A27-6673-4622-BD2F-F2FA41B777EE.jpeg

I don't think it's a mixture, it looks like for the upper thigh, knee and leg opening, they've measured in inches but doubled it, in the same way they've done with the waist. Makes sense really as it's consistent.

I just made my first Instagram a few weeks ago! (Because of a cute girl...) Anyway, I've only found Aho and Ruedi so far, but I'm looking to follow the rest of the sufu squad. Mine is @zacharydhaines. I haven't posted much of anything, but I'm down to sling out a bunch of hearts to you all! lol

If you like pants pulling photos where you get to see my CHUP and life-style boots, follow me at @indigoshrimp

The stuff there is to drive more general audience to my blog though, and not necessarily going to interest you guys.

It's much easier to update and share compared with doing posts here or my blog though, and much easier to communicate with brands and other hobbyists, so I'm quite smitten with IG.

I haven't been in the game long enough to make too many mistakes. That said, I won't buy any more tapered fits. I got fat calves and straight leg fits me better.

This is a pretty info-rich thread btw. (I came from reddit so I'm not used to that)

I don't post often but you can usually see some hints of flat head if you follow me at @benjaminbraun.

As far as instagram goes, I really prefer forums because I don't think that instagram as a medium lends itself to real interesting discussion about this stuff. It just feels like masturbation to me. That and *fireemoji*

I've experienced a new denim blunder. I got into working out over the past year, but I guess I don't eat enough in exchange. I've lost like 15-20 pounds since the spring. The jeans I love no longer fit lol. I'm almost considering getting checked for a tapeworm or something...

3 hours ago, Coolguyzack said:

I've experienced a new denim blunder. I got into working out over the past year, but I guess I don't eat enough in exchange. I've lost like 15-20 pounds since the spring. The jeans I love no longer fit lol. I'm almost considering getting checked for a tapeworm or something...

Probably just losing fat. If you exercise regularly you increase your metabolism so even if you have a bigger appetite and are eating more, your body is consuming more fuel at same time.

Wear a belt ^_^