Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

9 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Just the like eternal search for "cool", if you try too hard or become self-aware then you're no longer cool. It's not really about the clothes, but the attitude in this case, except when it is about the clothes and you don't care (too much) what others think, in which case then it's about the attitude again because you give off the IDGAF vibe, in which case you might have become genuinely cool or are just old, and possibly an accidental hipster.

When I was in high school, around the time I was first getting into these clothes, people would always call me a hipster... I honestly never understood since to me I was just always trying to buy cool shit.

I think that the difference between lame and not is the difference between buying the clothes to be cool and buying the clothes because they are cool.

On 7/19/2017 at 2:19 PM, youngofthesoonest said:

we asked him to step in but that was just temporary.

What's your point? The (many) images are up and being viewed by people all over the world

On 7/19/2017 at 2:19 PM, youngofthesoonest said:

his arms are big but I don't think it's alarmingly abnormal. 

What *do* you (and others) at SE think of it?  I actually think it looks quite abnormal, maybe that's just me?  

Edited by ironheartfan123

32 minutes ago, ironheartfan123 said:

What's your point? The (many) images are up and being viewed by people all over the world

What *do* you (and others) at SE think of it?  I actually think it looks quite abnormal, maybe that's just me?  

Sure I get that and I wasn't arguing about that. I was just commenting about how this wasn't some new direction/statement that we're taking in opposition to the old railroad worker look because it isn't. Josh got married and is super busy, was out of town for a while and we got a ton of stuff in during that time so we asked the person that was easiest to schedule bc he was literally standing in the store when we had everything. That's it.

With only three of us in the shop, options were limited. You were either getting buff jason, Asian me or black eugene. Chances are that next model that isn't josh won't be this jacked so I think you'll find the new pictures much more acceptable. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

9 minutes ago, mikkadehachikai said:

Kind of neglected when Full Count released the wide denim and trousers, now Flat Head has released a new model, I start to ponder - are 90s back?

Not my cup of tea. 

where can i see? might actually be good news for me.

personally did not see anything wrong with the model, i mean we all have different body types so...

off-topic but ordered SDA t-shirts the other day off a rakuten e-store - i know my size due to fitting them in person, but i can never use the Japanese models as a reference point since my shoulders are wider than the average Japanese guy, haha.

I was laughing out loud when I saw the comments on the SE model's biceps being too large! Really? I understand that bodybuilders (arms) are not for everyones tastes, but this? The guy has normal arms in my books; sure, it's evident that he's been working out, but nothing extra ordinary. Better this than some 90 lbs weakling.

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

I don't understand why anyone would even complain about this in the first place...

My thoughts too. Besides, most people would simply follow the size charts. The model's size and fit of the clothes become irrelevant at this point. 

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Iron Horse said:

Just the like eternal search for "cool", if you try too hard or become self-aware then you're no longer cool. It's not really about the clothes, but the attitude in this case, except when it is about the clothes and you don't care (too much) what others think, in which case then it's about the attitude again because you give off the IDGAF vibe, in which case you might have become genuinely cool or are just old, and possibly an accidental hipster.

I think with social media and the like denim hipsters have become as pervasive as ever. I think some don't care while others go to great lengths to show people that they're cool. I know a lot of us buy into certain brands because we appreciate quality, but if you're posting selfies on IG everyday then you do care what others think. It's a mixed bag.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:09 PM, ColonelAngus said:

My thoughts too. Besides, most people would simply follow the size charts. The model's size and fit of the clothes become irrelevant at this point. 

Exactly. The normal Self Edge model is built nothing like me at all, but I don't mind. Like you said, the measurements are far more important.

Not that it's important or anything, but if someone's Instagram account is unsearchable (and only reachable through tagged photos), and unable to be followed, does this mean you've been blocked? Tapping the "follow" button makes a loading symbol appear for a split second, and I know it's not my Wi-Fi that's playing up. The pic below is related.

Screenshot_20170801-200159.thumb.png.19f553d3e15f7451efddf2f9ba20132f.png

lol