Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

thanks guys for the help, two moon looks great too. A hybrid anglo japanese email to 2nd has been sent already. now I am considering to send another email to take off.

the Two moons it's a bit shorter which is great to me. what about the neck? is it as tight as the photos on rakuten suggest?

If price is a concern, Hudson Hill in Greensboro NC makes a great USA made hooded sweatshirt similar to Two Moon's version in the bottom left corner of the 1930s hooded sweatshirt, for $50.  

%264A0D20-8C90-4093-ACAF-8E43DAC3E03A_zps

Their website is down at the moment for online ordering but they still ship overseas.  Email them first to see if they still have them in stock.  I get most of my digs from them.  Check them out.

https://www.instagram.com/hudsonshill/

http://www.hudsonshill.com/

Edited by mlwdp

7 hours ago, Max Power said:

The overdyed SG hoodie in XL was very tight and the hood not usable. But XXL might be worth a try...

The overdyed ones are tiny. I wear mediums in strike gold hoodies and the Med in the overdyed is so small on me. 

33 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Where can I find this magazine?

That issue is hitting all Kinokuniya book stores in a couple of weeks.  If you don't have one locally you can call one and they'll ship it to you.

Locations: https://usa.kinokuniya.com/aboutus/

Went to Dayton today to pick up my boots, and was greeted with some of the worst and most ill informed customer service I've had in a long time. I spent a good 10 minutes explaining to the two ladies who were in there that I dropped my boots off, that weren't dayton, to get resoled. They tried convincing me my boots weren't even at the shop and they wouldn't have taken them in the first place. They apparently stopped accepting resoles for non dayton boots over a year ago, even though I have had mine down there three times. After practically arguing with them, one being the owner, they miraculously found them. When they brought them out they looked like this, after 3 months ( - 3 weeks off for xmas). I was pretty shocked, especially when they told me that it would cost me $115 to walk out of the store with them, looking like this. They told me that they also changed the pricing and adding a new mid sole would be $50, even though that wasn't on my bill, and a policy they put in place after I dropped the boots off. The two women were having an incredibly hard time understanding why I was upset, and were getting frustrated with me. I almost blew a gasket, and the owner just got fed up, from her own stupidity I'm assuming, so she let me take them home. So after 3 months I'm left with less boot than I had before.

Steer clear of Dayton, it's not a family run business anymore and the people running it are morons, minus the the one dude who may be a co owner.

I also was talking with Whites, and they told me if the welt was messed around with too much, they might require a complete rebuild. Anyone able to tell me from these pictures if they did or not?

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 5.38.21 PM.png

47 minutes ago, bradl said:

Went to Dayton today to pick up my boots, and was greeted with some of the worst and most ill informed customer service I've had in a long time. I spent a good 10 minutes explaining to the two ladies who were in there that I dropped my boots off, that weren't dayton, to get resoled. They tried convincing me my boots weren't even at the shop and they wouldn't have taken them in the first place. They apparently stopped accepting resoles for non dayton boots over a year ago, even though I have had mine down there three times. After practically arguing with them, one being the owner, they miraculously found them. When they brought them out they looked like this, after 3 months ( - 3 weeks off for xmas). I was pretty shocked, especially when they told me that it would cost me $115 to walk out of the store with them, looking like this. They told me that they also changed the pricing and adding a new mid sole would be $50, even though that wasn't on my bill, and a policy they put in place after I dropped the boots off. The two women were having an incredibly hard time understanding why I was upset, and were getting frustrated with me. I almost blew a gasket, and the owner just got fed up, from her own stupidity I'm assuming, so she let me take them home. So after 3 months I'm left with less boot than I had before.

Steer clear of Dayton, it's not a family run business anymore and the people running it are morons, minus the the one dude who may be a co owner.

I also was talking with Whites, and they told me if the welt was messed around with too much, they might require a complete rebuild. Anyone able to tell me from these pictures if they did or not?

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 5.38.21 PM.png

Please post your experience in the Shoes that look better with age thread in case there are some Dayton wearers.  Glad I skipped them.

9 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Please post your experience in the Shoes that look better with age thread in case there are some Dayton wearers.  Glad I skipped them.

I didn't see it on the first page, so just went here but I will later.

34 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

Good lord,  that's awful. They should be ashamed.

When I talked with someone at Whites they were amazed at what happened...

I was in Vancouver in December and dropped by Dayton to see about getting new boots made. One of the women working there was high AF and kept arguing with the other woman, who was trying to help me. Thankfully, before I was about to pay I got a phone call and while I was outside taking it I had time to reassess whether I wanted to give these morons $600 for boots.

Daytons used to be great, but I'd be pretty wary of them now.

Deluxeware sweat arrived from 2nd, with (surprise surprise) no sting from customs.

What a nice piece of clothing, ultra toasty, well built. It's a bit too long but i can live with that. will post photos over the weekend in a more appropriate thread!

[edit] dirt and quick pic. Makes me feel like Rocky Balboa.

tmp_18504-IMG_20170224_160526_048462072488.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

28 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Deluxeware sweat arrived from 2nd, with (surprise surprise) no sting from customs.

What a nice piece of clothing, ultra toasty, well built. It's a bit too long but i can live with that. will post photos over the weekend in a more appropriate thread!

Do you remember the measurement of the shoulders? Is this a size XL or XXL?

It's 47 cm/  18 1/2 inches. I think you'd need a XXL. The XL is snug on my shoulders and from what I saw you have definitely broader shoulders than me.

I think Deluxeware makes a XXL but 2nd doesn't have it in stock.

Edited by volvo240thebest

On 2/24/2017 at 9:33 AM, volvo240thebest said:

It's 47 cm/  18 1/2 inches. I think you'd need a XXL. The XL is snug on my shoulders and from what I saw you have definitely broader shoulders than me.

I think Deluxeware makes a XXL but 2nd doesn't have it in stock.

Yeah I would definitely need a XXL. I recently sold a Dubbleworks sweatshirt on here last year in a size XL that I couldn't even pull over my shoulders .  I have some made in Canada Champion sweatshirts in size XL that use to fit but are too big now due to weight loss.  Unfortunately, we've been experiencing abnormal heat wave of 70-80 degree days lately to the point I'm debating on even buying a long sleeve tshirt or not at this point.  We had a cold snap last year around this time but not this year.  If I still lived in Wisconsin right now I would be doubling up and wearing sweatshirts and sweaters constantly right now.

Every year or so I think about replacing my wallet. I'd like to get a well made japanese wallet, but always struggle to find a Piece that fits all my criteria:

- room for about 6 Cards and my ID (would be sufficient if the Card Slots Held two Cards at once)

- coin pocket

- should not be taller than 5" so it sits well in the backpocket

Does anybody have a recommendation?