Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

22 hours ago, Geeman said:

I find Momotaro shirts fit very well, most shirts I buy fit me in body length but are an inch or so long in the sleeve except for Momotaro. I'm medium in euro sizing, 40 in momo are bang on. 

I second this. My momo gtb shirt fits my stickman build pretty well

Edited by greathoudini

does anyone, maybe @Paul T, know which cone denim rising sun used for its blacksmith jeans? mine i'm pretty sure is sanforized, maybe 13-14 oz?, has a bit of vertical falling, but overall very smooth to the touch like the other cone denim i have (on the mf cali 54). one thing i like about it is the colour, it's a very deep blue, and doesn't become white too quickly. it has plain white, quite wide, selvedge ID.

do other brands use the same cone fabric?

i got mine from ab fits in 2014, maybe it was a release when mike hodis was still at the helm? i don't know. do they still use the same denim?

28426069943_db79d32f4c_o.jpg

Edited by oomslokop
for clarity

22 hours ago, Hendsch said:

Anyone here going to Inspiration LA this weekend? I lurk Denimbro and there seems to be a large number of them going. I'll be going Saturday, maybe I'll see some of you guys?

Yup, I'll be there both days, hope to see some Sufu heads there.

Also, there's a second show this same weekend but in Eagle Rock which we're also hitting up with Stevenson, Runabout, Real McCoy's, etc..:

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I'm looking into a classic grey hoodie. Any recommendations besides Ballpark Mc Coys? I love the fit of those, but wouldn't mind something a bit lighterweight. I need a western XL which rules out some brands because of too short torsos and arms...

Thanks in advance

3sixteen makes a nice gray hoodie. Also, strike gold started making the gray hoodies in XXL. 

Deluxeware looks excellent Mayno, is this shop you were referring too? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/dw-s101-p-gry/

Any way to avoid the hassle of rakuten with them? It's been ages since my last Rakuten buy and I completely forgot how it works...

Edited by volvo240thebest

I think 2ND won't do direct orders - besides, Rakuten is anything but a hassle these days: most of the store do intenational shipping using EMS and they let you pay via PayPal (if you don't mind the fees).

sure communicating directly with specific stores could be even better, but most shops just won't...

I'll give Rakuten a try and see. thanks guys.

I have zero experience with sweats (believe it or not I have never had a sweatshirt in my entire life) so i am not entirely sure on how should I size. Should I count some fabric stretch? From measurements I think I am an XL. p2p 54 cm is the same I wear on shirts and 55/56 cm is the p2p of my best fitting vests, for comparison. L is 51,7 cm and I think it would be too small, that's a good p2p for t shirts on me.

I wear a L in Deluxeware sweats. They come up reasonably fitted and don't really stretch so I think Volvo would probably be XL. I've bought from 2nd quite a few times and always directly, I email them directly in both English and Japanese, the latter via Google Translate. Similarly, I translate their responses back into English. Transactions have always gone smoothly.

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I'm after a classic grey sweat with a good vintage fit which won't break the bank (I am willing to spend circa 100 eur included shipping). what would you guys reccomend?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/sgc001-2014/ 

Strike Gold make excellent plain sweats, Klax-on are very easy to deal with and speak English.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vari/item/cm-sw-26903/

Cushman also make a nice sweat.

Also Warehouse and Two Moon are options. Warehouse sells direct, try Take-Off or Mirror Ball for Two Moon.