Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Decided to do the whole brass keychain thing and bought Hawk Company's version from Rakuten.  Came with a small nifty cloth bag and leather tag.  

8DAD2A8E-D14F-4286-9CC8-9F6BD81D2C29_zps

I have no idea what's the deal with the you pay/roulette hand bottle opener but thought it was funny in a way.  I guess it means "you pay if you drink and drive", hence it being connected to the drivers keychain.

Edited by mlwdp

On 1/7/2017 at 1:22 AM, rodeo bill said:

Nice Mike! Is the new edition just a new print run, or is it substantially different from the first ed? There were rumours a while ago that there was going to be a whole new book- is this it? Cheers

There is a new book by Charla Harris and Russ V. Miller called American Overalls, available only in Japanese at the moment I believe (ISBN 9784846531096).

Anyone here 5'8 and shorter? Why is it so hard to find a shirt that fits both in shoulder and length?  Seems like shirts both USA and Japan made fit great in the shoulders but are too long in length. We're all not 6 foot and taller!

Edited by mlwdp

35 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Anyone here 5'8 and shorter? Why is it so hard to find a shirt that fits both in shoulder and length?  Seems like shirts both USA and Japan made fit great in the shoulders but are too long in length. We're all not 6 foot and taller!

I don't know what you're looking for in regards to shoulder/chest mesaurement but I'm ~5'9-5'10" and Strike Gold's size Large fits me like a glove.

53 minutes ago, goodrain said:

You need them in bigger sizes, right? Brands like The Flat Head make pretty short shirts for the smaller sizes. I guess your best bet is to get them tailored for get them with your custom length(I think Inoue-San of TCB can do it)

That's what I'm afraid of.  I love buying off the rack either online or not but it's frustrating when the shirt fits nice up top but it's too long on the bottom.  Shirts longer than the jacket is also annoying.  I usually factor in the length compared to wallet chain showing size the chain is 45cm.

Edited by mlwdp

1 hour ago, dwilson123 said:

I don't know what you're looking for in regards to shoulder/chest mesaurement but I'm ~5'9-5'10" and Strike Gold's size Large fits me like a glove.

Would need an XL or XXL in Jp sizes to coincide with very broad shoulders.  Shirts for me have to measure 19-20in or 51cm or more in shoulders.  Length wise I would have to compare with a few tshirt/shirt sizes honestly.

Edited by mlwdp

As I'm getting older and more seasoned in my superdenimness, I'm more impressed with the long term pairs that have the opposite fade effect. For most are all about the fades where the contrast is from the amount of white that's worn away compared to the majority blue dye that's left, but I'm much more into the pairs where the contrast is flipped so that there's lots of white ones only little indigo left at all. Those are the ones that get me because they take so much long term dedication way past the point where most people will go with a pair before they consider them finished, as well as repeated and extensive repairs 

For collared shirts...probably my denim TCB Ranchman, though it still lacks another button at the bottom to be perfect. I love my Pherrow's chambray but only after altering it, and now the collar is floppy. Overall, the shirt has had it. My best-fitting shirt is still from the Gap, a faux-calico wabash shirt. The Flat Head wabash is wonderful but for me the shoulders are too wide, the sleeves too long, and the waist is a touch too small when buttoned up. 

Honestly, I've yet to find a Japanese-made shirt that fits me perfectly. That's why in this year I'm planning to launch my own shirt with an emphasis on a Western body type but Japanese fabric and likely made in Japan. You heard it here first guys. B)

I find Momotaro shirts fit very well, most shirts I buy fit me in body length but are an inch or so long in the sleeve except for Momotaro. I'm medium in euro sizing, 40 in momo are bang on.