Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

^I suppose it had to be updated at some point! The mobile version is much cleaner/clearer with this update, at least on my iPhone, than the previous version which I'd always find myself reverting to "Desktop mode".  Here's hoping they can get the image hosting figured out so we won't have to copy/paste image URL's and just upload them directly! The biggest thing holding me back on this forum to be honest

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not thrilled about all these ads between posts 

there is a 300x250 ad after the first post on each thread .... it's either that or we need a sidebar on all topic pages  rhs like on previous supertalk version... this way you get full width screen - which is sort of superluxurious and i would think preferable... you are basically now posting on a GULFSTREAM V message board.

someone gotta pay the bills 
;-)

... though did notice it can show up on a blank page if clicking too fast... if so - that's a bug..........//

Mobile seems horrible to navigate now, maybe it's just bugs that need to be stomped out, but jumping to first unread post was easier before. 

But as always, people just hate change :D We'll all get used to it and I'm sure there's nice features in that new activity stream thingy that we just need to figure out.

Edited by Cucoo

Finally broke down and bought a new brass wallet chain to switch out my leather wallet chain.  I liked the brass feathers attached to the chain and couldn't find any other chain that had this.  I just hope the chain is long enough, courtesy of etsy.

image_zpsy6zef7t3.jpg

On January 6, 2017 at 10:30 AM, mlwdp said:

Finally broke down and bought a new brass wallet chain to switch out my leather wallet chain.  I liked the brass feathers attached to the chain and couldn't find any other chain that had this.  I just hope the chain is long enough, courtesy of etsy.

image_zpsy6zef7t3.jpg

Returning this immediately as I will be receiving it today.  Didn't want to go through the hassle of replacing the brass fish hook with a brass key hook in case my shop can't do the brass reworking.  Decided to jump on the weakness of the yen and bought a MIJ brass wallet chain to my liking and the price was better to be honest with a brass key hook already on both ends.  The chain measured at 45cm since I wasn't looking for a long chain. 

The feather chain I originally ordered was I presume made in Thailand since it's being shipped from there.  I wish Evermade would have posted the manufacture of origin for their items instead of stating "craftsmen from Japan, China, Thailand, etc." They couldn't even add a brass key hook when I asked them since they do custom orders wtf.  Oh well, on to a brass key chain now. Probably going to stick with Rakuten over Etsy until I find a realiable and trusted Etsy shop that accurately states where their items are made.

Edited by mlwdp

The Yen is still sliding.  Slid to 116 today. The Pound also slid to 1.04.

Been trying to jump on stuff on Rakuten to take advantage of the Yen falling right now.  I guess the time to buy from Japan is now.

Edited by mlwdp

I got an email about free shipping from Rakuten as well until January 20th, although there is a few stipulations:

1. Is this an exclusive offer?
Yes! This is an exclusive offer for purchases that are shipped to U.S.A, mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. 

2. What is the benefit?
Save shipping fee when puchasing over $120 on a single order from participating stores. (when currency rate is $1 = 100 Japanese Yen)
Note that currency rate will be fixed on the day of purchase but may vary depending on time
Edited by serotonin flood

I got scammed by a Etsy seller regarding the brass feather wallet chain.  I received the chain from CHINA! The seller was not forthcoming about the origin of his hardware and it's too expensive to send back to get a refund.  I got duped and will be sticking to buying off Rakuten for now on due to this.

Nevertheless,. I bought a back up brass wallet chain from Rakuten that's too my liking of 45cm with no fancy brass feathers on it lol.

X-post from show you leather thread

image_zpsmbwrmnmf.jpg

Brass wallet chain by CRAF...T from Earthmarket of Japan (rakuten)

Edited by mlwdp

^I consider myself a pretty liberal guy and open to new ideas, etc. but I have to say, that is terribly tacky and in poor taste and I can't imagine many people proactively buying that. I wonder if the coin pocket selvage is exposed too? 

Honestly I do love that evisu selvage though lol