Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

you should have jumped on the Fullcount X Signet collab Ed did. Jeans were 15oz and a blend of wild and Zimbabwe cotton and had a super deep indigo dye that was purple after the soak.

Augh, those would be a dream. I think that collab was happening right when I joined SuFu, and it may have been too early for me to join in! Maybe a pair in size 30 will come up for sale someday...

Do you guys have your leg hair worn off in any spots? I've had that for a while and I'm pretty sure it's from crispy jeans, but I never bothered to ask... Hope it's nothing too weird  :unsure:

Both my calf's have missing  hair in the same places! I could never tell if it was hamstring curl machine in the gym that did it or the jeans. But maybe it was the jeans after all  :D

Haha not to weird, I mean we are a bunch of nerds posting fit pics of our jeans. I totally lost all hair on one spot on my calf

Same here. It's definitely not gym related for me. Must be the jeans

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/156492-fullcount-special-run-interest-check/page-17

heres a page with a lot of good photos taken by ed while the jeans are raw and/or one wash to really show the purple hue they have

and here are some photos I posted a while back to show how they wear with frequent washing

bV6wyO5.jpg?1

V8MwFBs.jpg?1

z8xtXWB.jpg?1

Edited by nycsurfer530

Where'd the term "shameless plug" originate?

Surely I could google it, but I only ever see it on fashion sale message boards so thought I'd just ask here and see what people have to say.

Edit: More interested in the "plug" part as I'm quite familiar with shame.

Edited by Quoise1203

Plug comes from the dutch verb 'plugge', which is something used to seal ("plug the sink").

As associated with performing a valuable, laborious task (holding something closed), it mutated in English into a synonym for hard work ("plugging away at the task"). 

Yet, as with the sink plug, it's not something anyone (in polite, English society) should be ostentatious about ("look how hard I work!"), as that's viewed as vanity. Instead, one is simply expected to work hard quietly; this is seen as dignified.

So when something is a 'shameless' plug, it's that horribly pretentious promotion of one's plug (hard work), which *should* be performed quietly.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't like it when the peekaboo selvedge is too big/conspicuous. has put me off buying otherwise fine jawnz. good examples of discrete peekaboos would be most jeans by sugar canes.

I'm debating on whether to do WH Ranch, Lee denim MIJ, or Wrangler MIJ for my next denim pair this year. WH Ranch would be more efficient due to the store in my town carrying the brand that I can try on to get a general idea of the fit.

Edited by mlwdp

WH Ranch is the way to go out of those choices IMO, esp. if you're able to try them on locally

They came and did a custom fitting at my store last summer so I'm crossing my fingers they do it again this year! Either way, I might be dropping by the store in a week in case my brass wallet chain redo isn't able to go through from Evermade. I'll have my shop work on the chain incase Evermade isn't able to do it.

]

Whoa what happened. Last I check the yen was almost even!

I'm just glad that more sellers and shops are shipping overseas. Reading the "we don't ship overseas" is becoming a less common reply message when asking if they ship to UK or USA. Edited by mlwdp

I was floating around on Honey Crewz/Yoshi Instagram and saw this

image_zpsip2pt66u.jpg

Can't even imagine what brand made the jeans on the right the guy is wearing.

Needless to say, I didn't like where their Instagram was going so I stopped following them. I was originally looking at their bikes.

I'm guessing they're an actual biker gang in Japan. I'm sticking to more "timid" Japanese biker gangs/posers for now on.

Edited by mlwdp

I received a Rakuten gift certificate for Christmas this year and it was supposed to be emailed to me but I never received it.  Now I'm in the middle of going back and forth with their customer service, because the person who got it for me received an email saying it was delivered and  I did check my spam/junk folders and everything, very sad.  

Edited by serotonin flood