Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Guys heres some nonsense... i honestly forgot how cool raw denim is. I mean i love my 3005s but ive had them for so long, these 105bsps are just fucking beautiful brand new even. And its so fun to me that it's always "the denim that got away", as insane as that sounds. Feels crazy to have lucked out like this! For a hundred bucks!!!!

^now you know why I hunt for "forgotten" Denime ejans and buy crispy new jeans in genereal ;)

I was on the fence for awhile about the 3009 and for a size 32/33 I think the rise would be too low. Had that impression about the 400t as well... rivet&hide's measurements seem promising. Although I wonder if the 10.75" rise on a size 32 would shrink down too much after repeated washes.

How about the Ooe Yofukuten 02 cut?

consider the tender 130

or the 129 if you want it a little slimmer overall (same silhouette)

i love my 129 for the exact reason you mentioned. i have slimmish asian legs, but a bit of a beer gut.

Edited by oomslokop

• 2 weeks later...

UES 400T a few days ago, enjoying them so far... although on the way back from dinner last night, mrs mondo spotted a money tree in a large pot looking like it was needing a new home (was just out on the street)—so I lugged the thing a couple of blocks, put it down in our garden, and promptly discovered a white spot where the edge of a coin in my front pocket had rubbed against the heavy pot.  So annoying... will take a long time for general fading in that area to erase the memory of that spot.  One of the few times I have a reason to take issue with capacious pocket bags!  But hey, that's what we're supposed to do in our jeans, live life, personalise them etc, etc.

At the moment, though, it's up there with a phone fade in the undesirability stakes.

freenote gold corduroy jacket (not on any sale/discount though), Style eyes argyle jacket and okinawas. 

question: if I bought a shirt two days before thanksgiving/black friday that was now available at a 30% discount, should I make a ruckus to the shop or is that just bad timing on me? I actually e-mailed them already and waiting to see what they say. Just wondering if it's worth pursing again later next week if I hear nothing.

freenote gold corduroy jacket (not on any sale/discount though), Style eyes argyle jacket and okinawas.

question: if I bought a shirt two days before thanksgiving/black friday that was now available at a 30% discount, should I make a ruckus to the shop or is that just bad timing on me? I actually e-mailed them already and waiting to see what they say. Just wondering if it's worth pursing again

later next week if I hear nothing.

Don't bother haggling. You knew Black Friday deals were coming up, so expecting the store to honor the discount before the fact seems to be in poor taste

Nice one Iron Horse! I am trying to save for a pair of Eddie engineers although I still have to understand if these will happen at all or not.

Other than denim I've just bought a new nice desktop pc for home. I am running it on Linux mint only, well chuffed with it. Anyone else using Linux here?

Feltraiger. Brand out of Brooklyn, NY. Motorcycle clothing brand. They also have their own in house denim brand that uses cone denim.

Jumped on the Black Friday 40% off coupon. Decide to take a USA made $160 flannel for $90.

image_zpsfreacu11.jpg

image_zpsxjfczxc4.jpg

Pocket pouch came with shipment

image_zpsp2yxzwtu.jpg

Now this is interesting. Apparently, they did this for bikers who have issues with collar flapping whilst riding. Snap button behind the collar. Has any other brand done this? I thought Ironheart did this first?:

image_zpsse75yy2d.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

Cross posting this quite questions as I thought it might fit here better:

first post! good to be a part of the fam, seems like a cool forum.

if you guys had to buy your last 5 pairs of denim right now.. what would they be?

Interesting questions, especially with the limitation to buy only jeans that are readily available.

For me it would be (in no particular order)

·         Warehouse 800 or 660: One of the best denims in my eyes in a slimmish cut.

·         Resolute 710: Great slim fit and a nice homage to the Levi’s 501 from the late ‘60s

·         Ooe Yofukuten OA02: Just because of Ryo&Hiro. Very nice denim and the nearly perfect construction/sewing

·         SDA D1709 or D1712: Both are available right now, I own both and both are very nice. The quite wide cut of the 1709 is growing on me and the denim looks and feels nice. The 1712 has a very modern cut and the denim seems to fade quickly

·         A customized pair of TCB 60s

That list would probably change in a week’s time :D I also considered the Warehouse 1105 and a pair of Full Count. Sugar Cane or Conner’s were also on my mind but for me it’s really hard to limit myself to just 5 jeans ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

3Sixteen's ST fit works great for me, so I'd get it in a few different fabrics (I already have the 120x):

3Sixteen ST-121x

3Sixteen ST-100xk

3Sixteen ST-220x

The only pair that's really on my wish list right now, RJB's Rivet & Hide collab:

RJB Rivet & Hide Slim Tapered Collab

And another Japanese slim-straight sort of pair. I already have a Samurai S710xx, so let's say:

Fullcount 1108xx OR Eternal 811BiG (hard choice.)

5 more pairs eh, I'd go full fanboyism:

* Preorder Denimbridge S Antique - Really like what Shingo-san did with lot.2, another pair is needed.

* Warehouse 660 - I've yet to try the 1000XX and would probably go with the 660 to also enjoy another cut from Warehouse.

* TCB 60's - I like what Inoue does and lately I'm enjoying '60s cuts. 

* Warehouse 1001 - I'd probably end up with another pair of 1001's. That banner denim is so good.

* Ooe Yofukuten OA02 - And another pair of Ooe's, without a doubt my favorite pair right now. + Ryo & Hiro seems to be such great folks.  

Tough question, if I only had five pairs it would probably be these.

-Roy Test Lot 00 / RS00

-Ooe Yofukuten --02 (any denim, in the 02 cut)

-Ooe Yofukuten --01 (any denim, in the 01 cut)

-Boncoura XX

-Mister Freedom Lot 64

Honorable mention...

-Warehouse 1001

-Fullcount 1101

Full disclosure I don't own a pair of 01 jeans from Ryo and Hiro or a pair of Boncoura jeans yet.

Hmm I'll play. I like the Connors but I'll never commit to the price so this is a list that I will most likely end up with.

Fullcount 0105 25th anniversary

TCB 20s

OOE OA01

Warehouse 1001

Sugarcane Hawaii

Edited by nycsurfer530

So how are other people thinking about this? I'm assuming that if I have to buy my last five pairs of denim now, it would be the five pairs that I would be happy wearing for the next ten to fifteen years. Almost all of them would be overlap with my current collection, the ones that I never want to be without. That said...

Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX (favorite jeans, without a doubt)

Stevenson 714 (good to have a slimmer cut pair, and these are a strong second favorite)

Samurai 710VX (sized up one, always want to have a heavier pair in the closet for winter)

Ande Whall Caribous would have been on this list a couple months ago.

After that, it gets really tough. I want a pair of black jeans, so maybe get the Samurai 710 with black instead of indigo zero denim? I'm also not entirely sure about heavier pair... My current favorites are probably a pair of Onis in their 22oz kabuki selvedge, and Momotaro's various 18oz jeans would be a serious contender in their natural tapered cut.

Ok, let's try to square this circle:

Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX

Stevenson 714

Samurai 710BK or BKB (checks both heavier and black denim needs)

Full Count 1101 (love their arcs, which neither the Ooes nor the Stevensons have)

Warehouse 800 (not certain - this is the only pair I don't already own, but the denim looks amazing)