Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Raaaaagggghhhhh!!!!! Frisbee don't have my size in Warehouse 800's after all, and I can't find another pair.

So I'm going with Eternal 881's from Denim instead.

Surely those jeans feel like they are made from office carpeting? I'm sweating just thinking about them.

The weave is somewhat loose on them so they breathe fairly well.  They aren't hot they're just ... heavy.  The Iron Heart 25oz fabric is way, way worse in heat.  That shit doesn't breathe for a second.

So after all the trials and tribulations over a new pair of jeans I finally purchased an old school personal grail of mine. An unworn, mint condition pair of SEXDBXS09, I am so frikkin excited by this !!

The OG rep bar, the patch designed by my good buddy Jimmy Crow, the 16oz singed denim, the military canvas lined pocket bags, oh man I am in denim heaven  :D

Also finally bought a copy of Ametora, looking forward to leafing through it.

As Okayama seem unable to hem my FC 1101 within four weeks I cancelled my order there. Still waiting for the refund...when I get it I think I'd buy Eternal 883s instead of the FC. Or the Denime 66? You see, Gavin, I'm still in the same boat as you (but I'm enjoying my 800, you definitely should get those one day).

Eternals and Warehouse are still on the list Flo, I couldn't resist the DB's though.

I'm going to bring back old SuFu....

"10 char"

"You must spread rep...."

"E-peen"

Alright guys. Let's really dig deep and talk about underwear. What do y'all like? Kiya has been writing an article on underwear for Heddels, but I'm curious as to what you guys wear.

I wasn't convinced until I ordered some pairs of trunks from Mack Weldon, these fit and feel so much better than the Hanes briefs I had been wearing. I wish I'd upgraded to good underwear years ago.

Alright guys. Let's really dig deep and talk about underwear. What do y'all like? Kiya has been writing an article on underwear for Heddels, but I'm curious as to what you guys wear.

I wasn't convinced until I ordered some pairs of trunks from Mack Weldon, these fit and feel so much better than the Hanes briefs I had been wearing. I wish I'd upgraded to good underwear years ago.

Exofficio boxer briefs or nothing

Edit: not meaning commando

Edited by cmboland

As Okayama seem unable to hem my FC 1101 within four weeks I cancelled my order there. Still waiting for the refund...when I get it I think I'd buy Eternal 883s instead of the FC. Or the Denime 66? You see, Gavin, I'm still in the same boat as you (but I'm enjoying my 800, you definitely should get those one day).

sounds like you had not the best shopping experience with okayama?

Well, I've ordered a stock pair 4 weeks ago, asking for a hemming Service with detailed Information. After one week and by my request they answer that the tailor is busy and it takes a bit longer than usual. After two further weeks I write them asking to either ship now or cancel my order. That was one week ago. Yesterday I told them to refund my Money, still no answer. I'm a bit shocked that such a "big" Name that even offers livechats has such a bad customer Service. And I want to have the refund before I order elsewhere.

I heard so many bad shopping experiences with Okayama denim...really can't understand how they are still in business. They had a thread around here but it's closed or delted now.

I contacted them once, never got an answer so I bought elsewhere.

Seems to be hit or miss with them, some people got their stuff in normal time frames.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I have only bought from them the one time. Got my order quickly, although it was just a PBJ hat.

I have heard of number of grumbles their way, so despite my first order going well, i'm not sure if I would order something from them unless I really wanted it and could not find it elsewhere

When I ordered my pair of Full Count 1101's from Okayama it took them an inordinate amount of time to get them shipped out to me.

I remember I asked about my order in their (now locked) thread here and got no response.

I attempted to ask about my order on their Instagram page and they would delete my comments.

I haven't ordered anything from them sense but this was a couple years ago. It seemed like since then they had gotten better but given Max's experience they are still going about things the same way.

Couldn't say I recommend them personally. I did eventually get the jeans but if I remember correctly it took around a month...