Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I'm a musician and since last year the director of a chamber music festival as well. Been working on booking and management as well for the last ten yrs. Mostly folk music but also classical music and early music. the coolest musical genres for the sufu crowd. 

tough I was tempted to write:

Volvo 240 driver and piss artist (when not driving)

not overly impressed by Grenson myself. buying them for usd 285 would be crazy. Did you ever handle them in person?

if you want to buy a nice and not overly expensive English oxford or brogue I'd suggest Sanders, or to hunt for a used pair of Trickers.

anyway there are several Grenson's brogues on ebay.co.uk for 150 GBP or even less.

not overly impressed by Grenson myself. buying them for usd 285 would be crazy. Did you ever handle them in person?

if you want to buy a nice and not overly expensive English oxford or brogue I'd suggest Sanders, or to hunt for a used pair of Trickers.

anyway there are several Grenson's brogues on ebay.co.uk for 150 GBP or even less.

I have some cheap florsheim cap toes and theyre just shot. I dont have a good pair of brogues in tan leather and i'm looking to spend less than $250 USD. I havent looked into sanders but i will now. I'm open to any suggestions besides Alden

Sanders are nice, once there was a ebay shop called "T. Jackson" based in Northampton UK which sold Sanders factory seconds at great prices. Dunno if it's still there. I bought two pair of Sanders through them (though they're not labelled and advertised as Sanders, but they are!) for 100 GBP circa and I'm pleased either with the shoes and with the service. the defects were really negligible.

(EDIT) all Mark McNairy shoes are made by Sanders.

Anyway Tricker's are still in another league I reckon, so my first suggestion would be to look out for a used pair of Tricker Bourton (if you want brogues), there are always used pairs floating around on ebay UK, you could probably get them in good condition for a little less than your budget. Better than Sanders and much better than Grenson.

FYI I am a UK 10 fitting 5 (D, standard fitting) in Tricker's and I am a RW IR 11D US.

Edited by volvo240thebest