Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I know this isn't denim related, but I thought you all might like to hear something my choir did to honor the victims of the terror attacks. Since Nohemi Gonzalez went to our University, we felt there was something more we could do to give back, beyond singing at her vigil. So yesterday, we rehearsed and recorded Jake Runstad's "Let my Love be Heard" and I think it turned out to be something really special

Text:

A Prayer
by Alfred Noyes

Angels, where you soar
     Up to God’s own light,
Take my own lost bird
     On your hearts tonight;
And as grief once more
     Mounts to heaven and sings,
Let my love be heard
     Whispering in your wings. 

Edited by Coolguyzack

Can we make a new rule? 

NO MORE MID_RIFF WHEN POSTING FIT PICS!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Men are vile, disgusting creatures as it is. No need to exploit gut rolls and back hair. If you want to show how the waist fits, just tuck in your t-shirt for the pic. It'll be OK, you can untuck it as soon as the pic is done. ;) 

As if guys from Clutch just crashed Petti Uomo and DGAF. swagged out. 

not general nonsense but i just wanted to post a photo for you guys.  just roll them cuffs and don't care what people think of you!!

tumblr_n02rp0SRQ11t2ehsjo1_1280.jpg

Edited by DhaDha

Discussion topic:

Brand Loyalty.

Do you feel "committed" to a certain brand? Is it because you really enjoy the variety of clothing (Jeans and shirting ETC)? Is it for a personal attachment reason?

Ding ding!

It started when I realized that I ended up selling everything that wasn't Flat Head, and that Flat Head versions of things (t shirts, shirts, jeans, belts) were the only ones I had that I couldn't find something wrong with after a while.

For instance, I loved the Iron Heart overdyed Type 3, but disliked the longer length and pockets. I then got the standard, short overdyed type 3 sans pockets, but then the sleeves did this weird thing where they bunched up at the end and made a "bump" near my wrist.

After being sick of every other clothing/brand not working for me in aspects that you'd never think of until you owned and sunk some money into it, I decided to just go straight to Flat Head. Since then everything I've bought has met or exceeded my (high) expectations and there have been NO things I could find that I didn't like.

I buy whatever I like the most and fits me the best.  I prefer TSG t-shirts to TFH.  I prefer TFH button ups to TSG and SDA.  I prefer TSG sweats to the other brands.  I prefer IH denim jackets to the others.  In terms of jeans I don't know if I have a huge preference to brand.  I've tried many different ones and many different ones work well for me.

I guess in general if I had a "most loyal" brand it would be TSG.  Except for their terrible fitting shirting options.

For me:

- shirts: Flat Head

- sweats: Deluxeware

- jeans: I have loads but current faves are Ande Whall

- shoes/boots: again, I have many but prefer Alfred Sargent

- sneakers/trainers: New Balance/PF Flyers

T-shirts and jackets - no brand loyalty.

If I were to pick one single brand it would be RMC I guess.... Not for their jeans though, but everything else!

I am a collector anyway, so for me it's as many brands as possible. Especially for chambray shirts and jeans. Especially for jeans, absolutely impossible to pick a favorite, though in the end I'd might end with the Osaka 5. Again, all of them haha.

Edited by Blue Nemo

If I were to pick one single brand it would be RMC I guess.... Not for their jeans though, but everything else!

I am a collector anyway, so for me it's as many brands as possible. Especially for chambray shirts and jeans. Especially for jeans, absolutely impossible to pick a favorite, though in the end I'd might end with the Osaka 5. Again, all of them haha.

Can i ask a really dumb question? What's RMC