Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Ironheart are top notch but dont expect vintage like details or machines used or fabric nor threads they serve its purpose being tough and rugged and no bullshit.

Sc's shirts are cheap and the fabric is not as nice as wh or rmc but again chambray shirts like almost havf the price of rmc's!

That quality of warehouse products except the jeans and loopwheeled tees has degraded thru the years.

That the flathead jean sizing went from true to size to size up 4.

That newer brands from japan doesnt mean good quality .

That eternal jeans are just ordinary jeans

Fabric is basic

That samurai is over hyped and too much details going on

That fullcount is auper consistent with the quality of their jeans. The fabric is super consistent and construction cant say with the clothing line

That real mccoys quality also degraded. Specially their clothing line and sweats and tee shirts

That sugarcane quality only equals to its price .

That cushman products is super underrated that retailers in the usa should carry them

That muller and bros is worth a try just get a wallet or even a tee shirt is super worth it i swear

That pherrows quality of clothing and denim is not bad but can do better for tehprice

That flathead clothing and jeans quality keeps going up while other brands keeps going down

That you should start buying evisu jeans thats still NOT made by warehouse because it will be gone soon.

Can you give 4-5 photos or explanations to show what you mean by various brands having their clothing quality degraded? I haven't been around long enough to really tell the difference between 'back then' and nowadays.

Edited by onehitwonder

The two worst mistakes I've made with my jeans over the last few years:

In 2013 had a pair of Momotaro 1005SP's shipped from Japan and didn't take enough time looking at measurements. They ended up being way too baggy. Still have them in my closet with only maybe a month wear on them. :(

Also in 2013 bought a beautiful pair of LVC 1944. Took them to SELA for a hem and when I got them back they were so short I couldn't even wear them. To this day we still don't know if it was me or SELA who made the mistake on the inseam measurement. Recently sold them for pennies on the dollar. They just made me sad every time I looked at them sitting in my closet. :unsure:

Live and learn. 

Can you give 4-5 photos or explanations to show what you mean by various brands having their clothing quality degraded? I haven't been around long enough to really tell the difference between 'back then' and nowadays.

i don't know if this is true generally, but i liked the old BR loopwheel sweatshirts and was sad when they started producing the same style sweatshirt in a cheap-feeling non-loopwheel material

Bro what size cushman border tee is that? I need help btw meant to be tucked in...

Sugarcanr is cheap so the products refelcts the price and i think its totally fair unlike some brands these days

It's a size Medium tee, but in all honesty it fits closer to a Large on me. 

That flathead clothing and jeans quality keeps going up while other brands keeps going down

Ed dropping some truth bombs!!

Yeah, Flathead jeans are great quality but I can't get down with the arcs. SDA still the kings quality wise for me though.

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

Ed dropping some truth bombs!!

Yeah, Flathead jeans are great quality but I can't get down with the arcs. SDA still the kings quality wise for me though.

The japan arcs are a lot less flashy than the international arcs.

And that dry bones jeans are so so but their clothing line is awesome and great value.

And that tcb uses some of the nicest fabric inhave ever seen in awhile and that hes selling it very cheap.

That ww2 cut is so nice and you pEople should try this cut.

And that the ironheart 666 cut is awesome slim cut!

Resolute is an awesome pair of jeans

Topic of discussion. Why raw denim? A lot of us seem to be drawn heavily to repro cuts and vintage detail while on other forums slim tapered and new denim and brands takes center stage. So, what started you in raw denim?

Picked up a warehouse polo from BIG and it was pretty roomy from the get go. I thought I read it was one wash but not sure. I really wasn't too impressed with it but for $31 on sale thought it was a bargain. Tonight it went into the wash/ dryer on delicate/low heat and it shrunk about 2 or 3 sizes. Live and learn I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in hindsight I would say that my main regrets are jeans that I didn’t buy when they were readily available. This would be for example another pair of Denime 66XX or a pair of Evisu #2000 No.1 when they still had the long inseam.

And of course getting a custom pair from Ryo&Hiro. Don’t get me wrong, my Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX are great and I really like the denim. But I’d love to do some little tweaks on the details ;)

I’d also say that concentrated too much on 1 brand (read Samurai) and thus weren’t able to spread my denim love to more brands and missed out on some awesome jeans from those other brands.

Although I owned at least one pair from the Osaka5, I never owned them all together. Nowadays, I still “need†a pair of SDA (crazy little waist compared to the rest of the jeans) and Fullcount (back pocket placement :(  ). We will see if I will ever complete them at one

Sizing issues:

back then downsizing was sooo in vogue. My first pair of Samurai were a S0500XX proxied from SharpService in a size 33. They were from Lot.10 and they fit somehow. But I was never happy with them. I also had them hemmed and felt they were too short (which they weren’t but stacking was also “the thing†in 2008/09). My second pair was a S5000VX and everybody said you have to downsize 1 from your S0500-size. So I did. Size 32 on my frame…I was able to wear them for some days/weeks but they were never comfortable. So I sold them along with my S0500. After that all my Samurai purchases were at least a size 34 :D

Well, that’s it for the time being.

Don't have many sizing mistakes but like BF I have many regrets

Always regret selling my evis 2101's , been looking for a pair ever since

Regret not getting some denime 66xx from the shins era ( or before )

Years ago Lil David posted about a pair of jeans in the Unknown Japanese Jeans thread , the we're called endeavour and we're a typical 501xx repro but we're super cheap ( still made in Japan ) so I was always interested in how they stacked up compared to the brands we know