Balmain x H&M

olivier rousteing is complete shit, he doesnt know how to design at all and is still pulling from decarnins work at balmain, which i might add is still selling better than the seasonal collections to this day. Some argue that rousteing is better at womenswear but I beg to differ, shit is still poop but spelled differently. 

Edited by Fycus

I think it's a great move by both companies. H&M adds way more sparkle than it could ever add while Balmain becomes known to a much younger clientele; the one that is after, based on their current marketing strategy.

I think it's a great move by both companies. H&M adds way more sparkle than it could ever add while Balmain becomes known to a much younger clientele; the one that is after, based on their current marketing strategy.

Mmm, ah, yes. It certainly won't be complete garbage for tool bags like every other H&M x *whomever*

Mmm, ah, yes. It certainly won't be complete garbage for tool bags like every other H&M x *whomever*

It depends how you look at it. Business-wise is a solid decision. Here's an article about a very similar situation, Lily Pulitzer's decision to make a collection for Target. A lot of people thought it was a bad decision, but it turns out it wasn't. Same thing will apply to Balmain x H&M.

I am def curious about it. I was really impressed with the Alexander Wang x H&M collab.

I wonder though if Balmain has what it takes...

the wang collection had too much stuff which was "out there" to appeal to the mass market IMO. It was very likely people copped cz they figured it was a collabo with some big name fashion brand, and I've heard of a few people who bought and resold despite the stuff being H&M priced at a few hundred

That said, wonder what they'll come up with. I'm thinking biker denim possibly?.

• 6 months later...

olivier rousteing is complete shit, he doesnt know how to design at all and is still pulling from decarnins work at balmain, which i might add is still selling better than the seasonal collections to this day. Some argue that rousteing is better at womenswear but I beg to differ, shit is still poop but spelled differently. 

This. The clothes are tacky and ridiculous. Olivier is a genius at branding, which for the people he's targeting, matters more than design skill. This New Yorker article spelled it out.