Edwin Jeans..

bapelolol

Found this: http://edwin-ec.jp/disp/CSfGoodsPage_001.jsp?GOODS_NO=31391&q=&brandCd=101&cateCd=001&dispNo=001001001007&sort=&type=&rowPerPage=

Which is the cinch back version. Dont think they have the non-cinch on their website, but I assume it'd be the same. Going by the google chrome built in page translator, it doesnt look like there's any info in terms of sanforization. Guess i'll just have to try and find out for myself :)

Did two 1 hour soaks today in hot water. Tried them on just now after drying for about 3 hours. Doesnt look like they shrank one bit. After it fully dries I'll get the exact measurements, but for now it looks like the SEN Skinnys are sanforized.

They didnt lose very much indigo in the water either. I didnt agitate very much. After the first soak I moved it around a bit and the water got a slight gray tint, but nothing major.

I took pictures along the way and will post after I can take post-soak shots.

Did two 1 hour soaks. Still pretty starchy, didn't lose very much color, didn't really shrink.

Measurements (Pre/Post soak)

Waist (32"/32")

Inseam (34"/33")

F. Rise (9"/9")

L. Opening (15.5"/15.5")

LONG POST INCOMING

tumblr_lbuy4hEcSC1qzmaqt.jpg

Donut button and orange lined zip

tumblr_lbuy4sbI871qzmaqt.jpg

Exposed coin pocket

tumblr_lbuy50YoLa1qzmaqt.jpg

Non cinch-back version

tumblr_lbuy5eh1S21qzmaqt.jpg

Black double stitch across the back pockets for reenforcement?

tumblr_lbuy5nsild1qzmaqt.jpg

Chain stitched

tumblr_lbuy5v6QqC1qzmaqt.jpg

Clean inseams

tumblr_lbuy63JG0H1qzmaqt.jpg

Inside seat

tumblr_lbuy6fiP2o1qzmaqt.jpg

tumblr_lbuy6qu3261qzmaqt.jpg

tumblr_lbuy6zaVf51qzmaqt.jpg

Soak

how do edwins compare with other companies, like say apc for example,

also what is the difference between made in japan edwin and made in europe edwin??

"Made in Europe" Edwin's are actually made in Tunisia now along with the Nashvilles and Waynesvilles, I think Greenvilles have ceased to exist.

I think that generally they use lighter weight denim for the non-made in Japan stuff and the cuts are quite modern.

There's also an Edwin Europe website for further information.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Son of a Stag now have some jeans from the new Edwin Heritage line. They're a tapered cut (roomy enough on the top block) using raw unsanforized 14 oz Nihon Menpu rainbow selvage denim ( a much thinner selvage line than their standard ED offerings), which may be the same as that used on the ROY world tour jeans. They have hidden back pocket rivets, hammered rivets elsewhere, donut fly buttons and nice thin arcs. They are made in Japan.

They felt substantial and more like the other high quality Japanese repros rather than most of Edwin's current range. Apparently the shop will soon be getting in some looser cut cinch-backs from the Heritage line too.

I'm glad Edwin have done this as they seemed to have slipped behind many of their competitors in the repro niche market. The only downside is the price - £320!!!

Saw them at the weekend (I work in there from time to time) and had a good fondle Lovely looking jeans- the fit is similar to a '55 Levi. Very nice grainy denim but can't quite believe the price tag!!

Not sure if edwin will ever be seen in the same way as the higher end brands.

Hi guys I am looking at getting

Edwin ED-49 Rainbow Selvage

My understanding is that they are vanity sized by about 1 inch bigger than tagged size unlike the sens which are 2".

I asked on a online store

size 32/32 measures as follow:

waist: 33 inch

thigh: 12.25 inch

front rise: 11.5 inch

knee: 9.25 inch

leg opening: 7.5 inch

Logically you would think that the 31/32 measures to 32 inch the waist (that's what I'm after).

Not sure if this is the case though

Does anybody have experience with these jeans?

Oh and I'm asking here because I will probs get a quicker reply. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Maynard for your tip.

The Edwin Nashville or Edwin Greenville have still one of the best price/quality balance. I just got the last pair in my size!!!!

Thanks Maynard for your tip.

The Edwin Nashville or Edwin Greenville have still one of the best price/quality balance. I just got the last pair in my size!!!!

Glad someone acted on the info. I still have 2 pairs of Waynesvilles from the MIJ days, one is almost 7 years old, worn for about 1.5 years, the other is 3.5 years old with a few months wear and has been put away for the future. They're fantastic value jeans.

Where can MIJ raw Edwins be picked up in a straight fit like the ED-47? Are the Nashvilles NOT made in Japan?

Nashvilles and Waynesvilles, like the ED range are all made in Tunisia now. The only MIJ you'll be able to pick up are the SEN range or the new heritage range (available at Cultizm, which cost over £300!).

Yeah high raw denim prices always sucks. Except you're lucky and are living nearby an outlet like near Basel opposite the German border in Weil am Rhein, where you can get quite a lot of Edwin stuff for about Euro 30-60 also the Edwin Nashville, Waynville or Greenville:

http://www.outletweil.de/

There are actually 4 outlets from G-Star, Big Star and Carhartt at the same place. And Carhartt and G-Star have one selvage type too

Check out my current Denime project till Sept. 1. 2011:

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/DenimeJeansContestStartFebruary222010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

• 3 weeks later...

Hey boys need some advice.

I get to pick a pair of jeans from cultizm, and was considering the Edwin over works 50. However, there doesn't seem to be very much info on them. The most info I got was from the page before this!

I'd like to know if anyone has post wash measurements, and if they know how many are made?

Just like opinions as well about whether the quality is well worth the value.

My other alternative was lvc 1966.

Help a brother out?