bapelolol

Edwin Jeans..

Hey all,

Just stopped by Japan, looked to pick up some raw denim, wound up with a pair of Edwin 506s. They are NOT selvedge.

I think these are the ones:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fedwin-ec.jp%2Fdisp%2FCSfGoodsPage_001.jsp%3FGOODS_NO%3D31552%26q%3D%26brandCd%3D%26cateCd%3D001%26dispNo%3D001001001006%26sort%3D%26type%3D%26rowPerPage%3D

original: http://edwin-ec.jp/disp/CSfGoodsPage_001.jsp?GOODS_NO=31552&q=&brandCd=&cateCd=001&dispNo=001001001006&sort=&type=&rowPerPage=

My question: are these raw or one-wash? Mine is the first colour option, translated by Google as "wash" (ワンウォッシュ). Does that mean one-wash?

And will this pair wear in fading just as well as raw denim? I'm guessing if it's one-wash, then I shouldn't have to worry about shrinkage in the length?

ive been looking at those same pair for a while now, i dont think they will fade the same way that raw, selvage denim does but more probably like those cheap Levi 501 STF is my guess

yeah idk man..

like when I put a bit of water (or saliva??) on a tissue and wipe across the jeans, it bleeds blue.

not sure how this compares with raw denim..but i'm hoping for some similar fading. i don't want to waste ~6mo of my life for minimal fades :S

well i have a pair of edwin 505x and whenever i applied water and rubbed blue would come off also but the way they faded wasnt the same as raw/selvage denim but more like the levi 501 stf.

tell me how it goes cause ive been wanting the same ones for awhile

^ If you got those results out of STFs that quickly then one would assume you'd see something out of those edwins even if they are just a one wash.

For the Sen's, yes. they come up big by about 1 size and they give probably 1 more after a few days wear.

I think you go 2 sizes down (from measured size) rather than up, e.g. if your waist is a measured 32, buy a tagged 30. I sized down one on all my Waynesvilles but they're very loose and I should really have sized down 2. I also sized down 2 on my latest ED69s after going TTS on the previous pair and they're a much better fit.

My holiday jeans - Edwin Vintage Collection 506, bought on sale locally (in Australia, surprised?)

Retailed at around 22,000 yen I think - but surprisingly few of them around...I don't even know if Edwin is keeping the vintage collection alive or not.

Pretty much the best of what Edwin makes, alongside their repro work for Lee and Wrangler.

Denim is 13 to 13.5 oz - aged quite quickly for only 1 month wear, probably due to the tropical heat in the Taiwanese Summer of '09.

dsc04248fz.jpg

dsc04245r.jpg

dsc04255i.jpg

dsc04258u.jpg

Love my sen selvage, i got the cinch back, not feeling the selvage pockets. They look kind of dumb and are thin, but except for that i love the fit. The denim is really light, i think 11 oz, nice for the fall weather.

I'd pick up a pair of sen's if it wasn't for the selv pocket. I really want a pair of cinch.

Here are my Edwin Waynesvilles that have become summer jeans only as they're so loose. I've had them for 6 years but they've only had around 1 years wear and tons of washes. Back into the wardrobe until next May now!

P9060230.jpg

P9060233.jpg

P9060242.jpg

Just a fit pic of my edwin skinny sen with cinch. Dont really wear these because i am working on two other pairs.

2woiulx.jpg

67qnax.jpg

^ Wow, they've really reduced the rise on the SENs since I last owned a pair~~~

They've just superseded those and replaced them with black patches and a silver logo instead of tan and added black rivets, and a twisted front pocket. Im thinking about copping a pair of the tan patch again just to put away.

I don't mind the cinch you hardly even know its there really and you get used to the pockets.

I just finally washed my pair after 12 months wear and they came up with a pretty nice rinsed effect.

Haha, my very first pair of SEN looked like a simple SDA or a Joe McCoy!!!!

All vintage details - none of the exposed selvedge, super low-rise, etc....

Id love for you to post some pics kicks. I never really get around to wearing sens but when i do i am always happy with them.

Was just wondering how much I should list these for? Found them while going through my wardrobe. BNWT.

edwin-details-3.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention. I know others have talked about how the SEN's are vanity sized, but man, I didnt know it would be this much.

Im about a 30.5 inch naked waist so I thought the 29 waist would be perfect. I could have probably gone with the 28, if I wanted it to be a snug fit. These have a little extra room.

So, if anyone is considering the SEN skinnys, dont be afraid to size down a lot.

^ Yep, add in that most of the denim Edwin uses stretches a LOT.

E.g. In the older SEN and BT series jeans, I use to buy size 30/31 (even though my waist was 34), and after a month after the stretching is done, they would sit perfectly.

I'm assuming Edwins are sanforized? I'm going to try and do a soak tomorrow anyway. I've never done a presoak, but figured it would be a good chance to try it out.

Any tips, etc?

Haha, I think I actually stumbled upon your blog when I was doing some searching. You think the SEN's are sanforized?

Don't know, haven't bought SENs in a few years now.

My old (pre-2005) SEN was made of unsanforised denim if I remember correctly.

Maybe check the Edwin Japan website? All the info should be there.