Edwin Jeans..

bapelolol

None of the ED range has ever been made in Japan. ED is the European Division, separate from the main company. Originally I think it was made in Europe, I've had 2 pairs of ED69 (bought in 2005 and 2009) that were made in Italy but now all production seems to have shifted to Tunisia, along with that of the Nashville (previously made in Japan).

Yep, the ED jeans are made in Tunisia. However, there is a 2014 special edition of the ED-55 that is made in Japan. It also features shrink-to-fit denim instead of the regular sanforized stuff. They are available at Son of a Stag: http://www.sonofastag.com/collections/edwin/products/edwin-ed-55-nihonmenpu-japan-made-selvage-jeans

• 4 weeks later...

hi there I have no direct experience with the Ed55 but all other ED models (as well as the Nashvilles) I've tried are vanity sized. my Edwins are all w34 and they all more or less have a 18 inch waist.

Edited by volvo240thebest

• 1 month later...

The Edwin 'ville' range (Nashville, Waynesville, Greenville) was always slightly oversized when it used STF denim and was made in Japan. I think the switch to sanforized denim was made when production moved to Tunisia. I also think that Edwin were probably a bit lazy (as the 'ville' range was a small-scale export only model - eventually rationalised to the Nashville as the other 2 models were dropped completely) and didn't bother cutting new patterns to account for the reduced shrinkage with sanforized denim. Consequently the over-sizing was further exacerbated.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm sure the denim's good but the cut's a bit slim and low rise for my liking. I know they're made in Japan but even so, unless you're getting a deal on them I think £215 is a bit steep.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 1 month later...

Took some quick photos today.

I like the one with the button.

The rest is so so.

A bit unfocused. Hard without a tripod.

Got shaky hands :)

_MG_3442_1_rs.jpg

_MG_3444_1_rs.jpg

_MG_3446_1_rs.jpg

_MG_3439_1_1_rs.jpg

_MG_3451_1_2_rs.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

• 5 months later...

I need some size advice regarding the Edwin Overworks Vintage 1940s/1960s Jeans.

How much do they shrink, and do they come up large like their other jeans?

I usually wear a size 34 in Roy, etc.

• 1 month later...

I need some size advice regarding the Edwin Overworks Vintage 1940s/1960s Jeans.

How much do they shrink, and do they come up large like their other jeans?

I usually wear a size 34 in Roy, etc.

Don't know if you read a few pages back, from experience the 60's and 50's cut are massively oversized in the waist. I think I bought a size 30 to fit 32 waist. Dunno about the 40's.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you read a few pages back, from experience the 60's and 50's cut are massively oversized in the waist. I think I bought a size 30 to fit 32 waist. Dunno about the 40's.

I am still trying to find some info regarding these jeans. Is there anything online that give me a guide? How much do they shrink in the waist, if I want a 34 what size should I buy, etc.?