Edwin Jeans..

bapelolol

I've had the overworks 50's raw in my hands, they are seriously niceee, the modified cut is bit off though.. massively oversized waist and quite slim in the leg i.e. a size 32" measures 36". Theres no accurate measurements anywhere to base a purchase on.

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend the ED-39 14oz.They do come in a lighter weight,but I would go with the heavier.It is a Japanese rigid stiff denim that I truly love.I have the 39,49 35,Waynesvilles and Nashvilles that I got rid of.My Waynesvilles are tagged 29 Waist.

my 39's are tagged 30 waist and have stretched out to 33.5".

It really is a crapshoot.I have used Oi Polloi and Stuart's of London with great success and good prices.Stuarts seems to carry the odd sizes which is a great Plus.

edwin are a great brand and if you are Lucy you may find the perfect fit In a fabric you like also! I love the Ed39 14oz denim but prefer the Ed35 fit.It is amazing how an extra half inch in the front or back rise can really change the feel of the jeans.

Well ive been having a hard time finding measurements for Edwin denim. My past purchases compared to what the Edwin website has posted, the measurements were completely different.

I know they arent as good as SDA or FH or the likes but, I've gone through so many brands and cuts and have yet to find a pair of denim that I am satisfied with the cut, except a pair of 3Sixteen+ 21BSP. The only thing is, SelfEdge doesnt take returns and with Edwin being sanforized, I can try them on and return them if need be.

Which Edwin cuts are japanese made? And where can I get some online? I know the zen line is but, they are waaayy too slim for me. I need something along the lines of..

31W

14.5-15.5 BR

11-11.5 FR

11-12 Thigh

8.75-9 Knee

8-8.3 Hem

• 2 weeks later...

Overworks 60's..

Tag size 30 (I'm a 32 waist) they measured 35" raw

8506404379_ae446c8a39_c.jpg

Love those hammered rivets

8506405471_eaa2f52faf_c.jpg

Gorgeous thin arcs

8506406599_8bc9401016_c.jpg

The best selvage line ever

8506405907_3621f1fab8_c.jpg

Shrinkage is about 6% for waist and inseam

Waist: 17.5 / 16.5

Inseam: 34 / 32

Front rise: 12 / 11.5

Thigh: 12.75 / 12.5

Knee: 8.5 / 8.25

Hem: 7.75 / 7.5

Edited by Freezie

• 2 months later...

I just replaced some Nashvilles to my stash.I don't know if I had the wrong size previously or if the ones I had were just not washed and I did not give them a chance,but the ones I am wearing now are probably the best fitting jeans overall that I have had to date.I am a true 33 waist and I got a 30 raw.I wore them for a few days raw and never needed a belt.I decided to give them a very hot wash and tumble dry before do anything about the length.They came out perfect,with no need to shorten any ?Jeans and fit are a very personal thing.If you hit on the right one early,be gratefull.This has been an expensive journey! Having said that,what ever I have had from Edwin has been better value for money than anything else I've seen at twice the price.I have yet to try a pr of Roys though?

I have to agree, Edwin are a great value for the money, I don't know why they seem to not get a lot of love over here.

they were my first introduction to the world of raw denim, and my best faded pair so far is a Edwin. I had two Nashvilles, a pair of ED77 and a pair of ED67. I've only bought a pair new, the others came used from ebay.co.uk, for cheap. there's lots of people selling them almost new because they didn't get the right size. the Nashvilles are possibly the most confortable pair of jeans I ever had.

I also have to agree, they got the top block fit just right with the Nashvilles. No other pair of jeans I own comes close to the very comfortable and yet not too lose fit!

Nashville:

eq2.jpg

Edited by mat_wue

I agree with Volvo that many people probably get Edwin sizing wrong and end up selling; this is because they are both vanity sized and sanforized. In addition, some people probably do not realise Nashvilles are a bit looser than the fashion norm and they find they have a loose, oversized cut that will not shrink. Finally, I think Edwin is often a gateway to the raw denim world for many (due to lower prices and better accessibility), so this is all compounded by inexperience and lack of knowledge on the buyers' behalf. I'd imagine this disappointment factor would increase if they were still able to buy the even looser Waynesvilles!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Nope! My natural waist size is just a little under 36 but I am a true 34 on all cuts I tried, including the Ed77, which together with the Ed80 is the slimmest cut at thighs and hips.

I am talking about the Edwin models (all the Ed and 'ville) widely available in Europe, dunno for Overworks..

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a pair of ED80 rainbow selvage off ebay but not too sure whether they're legit?

Things im not sure about is the leather patch(style), tag inside on the rear(black writing, not red and also the wording below and theres pocket selvage.

photo1_zpsbd110205.jpg

photo4_zps22ddc33b.jpg

photo3_zpsfd490a32.jpg

photo2_zps63f1ee2a.jpg

photo1_zps70b02d84.jpg

Brockles,

I think your suspicions are correct, I've Googled Edwin ED80 and all the images I've seen of that particular Rainbow selvage pair have a different leather patch, internal tag and no exposed pocket selvage. Some good photos of a legit pair here:

http://denimhunters.com/history/japanese/edwin/edwinss13

and here:

http://fusshop.co.uk/products/edwin-ed-80-63-rainbow-selvage-unwashed

Here are my Edwin ED-49. (Bought 2012-04-21)
I have been alternating between these and a pair of Edwin Nashvilles. So the effective wear is a bit uncertain.

They have never been washed or cleaned in any way, but I am thinking of giving my ED-49 a wash today! I have not really decided yet. I can not decide in what way I will wash them. Hand wash or machine wash (30,40 or 60 degrees).

It is damn hard to take "good" photos of jeans. Can not really get the color right. Especially the fit pictures are way to dark. The first two pictures from 2013-05-17 are more accurate colorwise then the rest but not perfect.

2013-05-17

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7613.jpg

2013-05-25

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Nizzel, great fading!

as for the Ed 80 being legit or not, you might try to contact Edwin Europe via facebook, they're usually very quick to reply. Legit or not the exposed rainbow selvedge on the coin pocket is a little over the top, is one of those little "show off" details that personally I don't like very much..

nizzel, although sanforized, you'll get a residual amount of shrinkage on those. Just machine wash on 30 or 40C with slow spin and hang dry. Like everyone else says, they're just jeans - you won't 'ruin' anything and they'll be fine.

Post some pics of your Nashvilles too.