Edwin Jeans..

bapelolol

All the 'villes (well Nashville and Waynesville now only - the Greensville has been dropped) are made in Tunisia and sanforized.

The Edwin shop in Charlotte Rd also has some Factory Overworks pieces, but they keep it on the downlow, so you have to ask for it. They also have a Union Special but they hadn't quite figured it all out or what type of service they were going to provide when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

What did you fink of the O works stuff ?

Edited by Thor

It's good quality but not worth £320 for a pair of jeans. I'd say it's on a par with Flat Head, Studio D'artisan, Warehouse, etc so you can make up your own mind as to what you think they're worth and use that for comparability.

• 1 month later...

Bringing an old discussion up: I think I've fathomed out the code behind the ED figures:the lower (35, 39, etc...) the more loose fit, the higher the slimmer/skinnier. Must be some sort of width/leg ratio. On the whole, I'm liking Edwin more and more, in fact they've pretty much become my favourite jeans brand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey All.

This is my pair of Edwin 55 Chinos in Forrest Green. I love the fit.

Any thoughts?

Wish they would fit me as well, looking good!

Here are some evolution pics from my Edwin Nashvilles after approximately 4 months of wear. Edwin's red listed selvage seems to fade much slower and different (less vertical falling) than the rainbow selvage, but I like the way they start to look. And the Nashville fit is just perfect, feels like it's tailored for my hip. :)

nash1.jpg

nash4.jpg

nash2.jpg

nash3.jpg

Edited by mat_wue

I haven't bought Edwin jeans in years. I've had 5 pairs of unsanforized Made in Japan Waynesvilles (still have 2) and 2 pairs of sanforized Made in Italy ED-69s (still have 1). The Waynesvilles are of far better quality denim than the ED69s, though the construction on both is good.

Both the 'ville (only Nashvilles are still in production) and the ED ranges are made in Tunisia now and everything is sanforized. I've not owned any of the new production but they look ok and decent value, however didn't seem quite as good as the MiJ ones I have.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I like Edwin, always have. Wearing a pair of 10 +- year old patched, faded, unsanforized, selvage Edwins today. Overworks is still MIJ but obscenely expensive. I like Overworks in theory but maybe not so much in practice. Hate the idea it's all Sanforized today.

Edited by lance

Three Month Soak

The project was ‘launched’ on Friday the 25th of May earlier this year. This is what he started out with, a brand new pair of Edwin ED55 Red selvage jeans.

1-628x942.jpg

Process

Together with a friend Martin inspects the place he has decided to carry out his experiment, a bridge crossing the river. Once he had gotten into the rather cool water, Martin tied a piece of rope and the jeans onto one of the small pillars carrying the bridge.

3-628x418.jpg

7-628x418.jpg

81-628x418.jpg

Result

But three months later this is what Martin pulled out of the river. At first he thought somebody had stolen the jeans when he couldn’t feel them in the water, but he was even more surprised about what had happened to them down there. The jeans were almost completely gone, only the pocket bags, the leather patch and the care tag were left.

20-628x837.jpg

19-628x837.jpg

11-628x837.jpg

21-628x837.jpg

13-628x837.jpg

12-628x837.jpg

http://denimhunters....hree-month-soak

How exactly does sizing work?

Every site I go to that sells Edwin has different recomendations. Im looking at Nashvilles, ED-55, ED49, and ED47s

From my experience you have to size down two inches from your true waist for Nashville and one inch for ED49 and 47 as they are all vanity sized. I do not know about ED 55 though, will have to try them on some time.

Stretching: Nashvilles (red selvage) do strech a bit of coursr - nothing dramatic though, maybe half an inch to an inch. I did not measure it, unfortunately. But my 28 tag sized Nashvilles now measure 30.3 inches when laid flat on the ground.

Edited by mat_wue