Edwin Jeans..

bapelolol

Hey boys need some advice.

I get to pick a pair of jeans from cultizm, and was considering the Edwin over works 50. However, there doesn't seem to be very much info on them. The most info I got was from the page before this!

I'd like to know if anyone has post wash measurements, and if they know how many are made?

Just like opinions as well about whether the quality is well worth the value.

My other alternative was lvc 1966.

Help a brother out?

saintkeat,

I've seen them in the flesh - nice jeans but not worth the hefty price tag imho. Is someone buying them for you or are they a freebie from cultizm?

I've no idea on the shrinkage, but they're not sanforized, best bet is to email cultizm for details.

saintkeat,

I've seen them in the flesh - nice jeans but not worth the hefty price tag imho. Is someone buying them for you or are they a freebie from cultizm?

I've no idea on the shrinkage, but they're not sanforized, best bet is to email cultizm for details.

They may be advertised as 'a piece of craftsmanship', but the price tag is on the hefty side indeed...

Congrats saintkeat.

If they're a prize I'd go for the Edwins, they are nice jeans (limited edition is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned) with good details, just not worth £300, but for free definitely worth having.

Don't be put off by the fact that Edwin isn't represented heavily on Sufu, their Japanese made stuff is good quality. They also make jeans for Lee Japan.

I think they're also the same denim as the ROY World Tour jeans, for what that's worth.

Yup I've always thought well of Edwin, which was why I even considered them.

However, being a great fan of intricate details, I might be pushed over to PRPS. Unless of course some of you folks reckon that would be a grave mistake?

Neither choice would be a mistake, it's all a matter of personal preference. Decide which cut you prefer as that's probably the key criteria. However if it's details that sway you, I think the Edwins score pretty well in that respect too:

Rainbow selvage denim

Hidden back pocket rivets

hammered rivets elsewhere

Donut fly buttons

Special thin arcs.

Anyway that's enough from me, I'm not an Edwin salesman!

Same to me

I would prefer Edwins too

If you're into heavy fading some of the Edwins get quite nice and strong fadings as long as you wear them raw and unwashed as long as possible

BTW: Of course congrats for winning the Fade of Hall championship

You really have done a great job on them!! Keep them alive for ever!!!

This may sound like a silly question, but I'm just not sure: do the two digit numbers of Edwin jeans refer to key launch years of Levi's and/or Lee models? I just ordered an ED-35 for cheap and it sure looks like a '35 Lee, including LHT. But then again, I bought an ED-55 for my son a few weeks ago and that does not look like a '55 Levi's model at all...

That's new for me that those ED- numbers have to do anything about Lee or Levis style.

Those ED series are usually made with italian raw denim not the japan raw denim somebody told me but not sure never researched this out

swiss dig deeper.. I know the real answer but I'm not at liberty to say it. ;)

Anyways the Edwin's are too large for me.. So I'll have to give that a pass..

Yeah, do spill the beans. I'm sure my ED69s are nothing like a cut from 1969. Does the clue lie in the Kama Sutra? :)

Yes it does, ever tried the 35 position? Make sure you have wet celery and flying goggles handy!

Seriusly, though; the numbers MUST mean something and I guess it's not entirely a coincidence that pretty significant numbers like 47, 55 etc...are used...check this out: http://www.edwin-europe.com/denim.php

Hi guys

Im too busy at the moment but would be interested to find out more about this ED numbers when I find time later

• 2 weeks later...

Having worn Nudie for the last few years I'm getting less impressed with their offerings.

Hardly any selvedge and the cuts are getting skinnier as they are getting more "high street".

So I thisnk I'm going to try some Edwin jeans.

As there's no stores around me it'll have to be internet shopping.

What fit is most like Nudie Average Joe (or Regular Ralf)

Anyone have any thoughts as to the quality of Edwin vs Nudie ?

Having worn Nudie for the last few years I'm getting less impressed with their offerings.

Hardly any selvedge and the cuts are getting skinnier as they are getting more "high street".

So I thisnk I'm going to try some Edwin jeans.

As there's no stores around me it'll have to be internet shopping.

What fit is most like Nudie Average Joe (or Regular Ralf)

Anyone have any thoughts as to the quality of Edwin vs Nudie ?

From my own limited experience, Edwin is very good no nonsense quality denim. Fit and fabric are spot on and prices are very reasonable. Go for the raw selvage jeans though, the finished ones imho are not very interesting. The rainbow selvage models are very nice

I bought an Ed47 this week. I love LVC and am a fan of the 47 cut. I wanted to buy a pair of less expensive jeans for work n other things and got interested in Edwin. Their design is quite awesome..nice details, not overblown paint stuff or sth. leather patch, different thread color... And I have to say this 47 is quite awesome. The fit is great and not as low rise as some people say who must have downsized in my opinion. Denim feels nice and for 170 Dollars (or even cheaper at some places), it is a nice pant that I will have pleasure to wear.

Thought I would take up my search for the Edwin El Shaddai super limited jeans on this thread, having had no response in my WTB post on the market. I am looking to buy a new or used pair in either 32 or 34.

Some additional items for discussion as follows: generally I have in the past had fairly good luck with scouring the internet for rare items and good deals, even internationally, but the trail on this is stone cold aside from a size 26 on Yahoo Japan. It got me thinking, and I started to wonder who the taget audience for these was, and finding myself perplexed I wanted to put this out there for anyone else's thoughts on this thread -- for those who are familiar with this, who do you think purchased these and subsequently hoarded them away to complete obscurity? Where are they now, basically? Are they being worn in Japan or just stuffed under some Otaku's body pillow? Is there a denim collecting culture that gets things like this just for the sake of having it or with intention to sell at markup?

I feel like Edwin isn't a brand that has the favor of the upper crust denim elite, but also that higher-end jeans aren't something that a stereotype gamer would go for even in Japan. The collaboration defies logic, (as does the game, having myself played the xbox version) and therefore of course, I desire it greatly.