66 type jeans

Harsh.... I own a pair and think the cut is great. Much more flattering than some of the other better known Japanese brands take on this cut. The denim is top notch too. Just my opinion though...

I like the denim a lot, I wanted them to work unfortunately they didn't

hmm that Porky's fit is great. I'll have to watch for it when it comes back in stock in my size.

Here's the rakuten site: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/porkys/item/1141763/

img62601198.jpg

is that rakuten site the best place to buy those porky's 66 jeans?    i am liking the cut, the price and the shipping for these jeans.  thanks.

the measurements on that rakuten site for the porky's 66 are post one wash, right?  so the measurements are those after shrinkage?  i am liking the fit of those 66's.  i also love that they do free hemming like tcb jeans does and the shipping is not bad at all for overseas customers.

• 1 month later...

let's get back the 66 thread on top!

I've been wearing my porky's a bit after the end of the TCB contest, dig them!

the hem width is just right to wear with nice brogues and English boots, cuffed short and well proud of the footwear

UHSPrWM.jpg

folded cuff

XL1uY2m.jpg

Very nice Volvo! The texture of the denim also looks very nice (although not 66-like but who cares?)

I know you want to keep them in good shape but I’d love to see you fading them.

they'll fade, eventually, but I am not going to wear them hard. the fabric is quite dense and not as breathable as I like it to be, and the fit is a touch too tight for committed everyday use. I should have gone a size up but 36 wasn't available back then, now it is.

And true the '66 details are all over the place (!), the denim is not really period correct, the patch is leather rather than paper, waistband is single chainstitch construction rather than double etc etc, but the fit, construction and overall design of the jeans is very nicely done, so I enjoy to have them in my small collection. Last but not least the price/value ratio is really good and that matters greatly to the terrible cheapskate I am!

They look super nice with the Trickers. My Ooe OA02 have just been hemmed at Take 5 so I'll get some fit pics up this week. They're my first proper 66 cut and quite a change of pace but I dig 'em.

Yeah, indeed they work very well with all my small collection of English shoes, I love that as atm all my other jeans look just bad with these shoes, apart from the TCB 60's which are too faded and thrashed to be used for "businnes casual" outfits..

look forward to see your Ooe fit pic. I predict it will be just as perfect as all your other jeans, you trim and slim bastard!

These are my Sugar Cane '66s at 5 months and a LVC 50s western shirt. 

nA01DNb.jpg

Did Sugar Cane stop making these jeans? They aren't in the 2015 F/W catalogue and I can't tell if they are using this denim in any other SC models other than the Mister Freedom Lot 64 stuff. 

"Put your threads where I can see 'em, you pointy bastard!"

Is the denim really as streaky as it looks in that photo? I was under the impression the '66 fabric was much more regular.

yes, the streakiness is what makes it so special in my opinion.. the cut of my SC66s is my least favourite of all my jeans (quality is superb, it's just not that flattering on me), but they get frequent wear as the character of the fabric is something I want in my day. I covet a Mister Freedom pair, but don't know if they'd suit me any better. I've said it before, but the 66 denim in a 47 cut would be my ideal jeans.

I'm kind of attracted to the Duck Digger Ivy 60s.

beautiful pair of jeans, apart from the horrible mary jane leaf on the backpocket.

yeah Davito owns a pair, hopefully he will chime in to share his thoughts.

"Put your threads where I can see 'em, you pointy bastard!"

Is the denim really as streaky as it looks in that photo? I was under the impression the '66 fabric was much more regular.

sugarcanes fabric is pretty accurate (no surprise!). there is a great post about the 60's fabric character on PaulT's blog loomstate, but I can't find it at the mo.

http://loomstate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/bud-strickland-cone-and-magnetic-appeal.html

For this reason, late 60s fabric is more irregular than 50s.

Incidentally, when I was at LS&Co in the fall, I was begging them to fix the 60s pickets and arcuates. They seemed to take the point, so you never know. The Cone 60s is one of their better ones I reckon.

And thanks for reminding me - I realise I have the most amazing interview with the yarn designer, Allen Little, which I thought I'd run, but haven't. It's the most teccy interview I've ever done, if I can find some photos i'll add it in the next few days. It's got ALL the info about ecru cotton etc.

Edited by Paul T

the follow up with Allen Little has more info and is even more geeky, with more on the 60s fabric. I've sent it to someone to check. Altho sometimes I think there's only every about 12 people in the world who read this stuff, plus the 1,000 spam robots.