66 type jeans

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I love my TCB 60s, they're amongst my favourite jeans I've owned. Im wearing them exclusively at the moment for the dwc but I will start putting them in a rotation in the next few months, which means getting another pair of jeans. One thing I have found with these is that although fit is perfect post wash, after 2 weeks, they're feeling quite loose in the top box and upper thighs. I'm tempted to get another pair, but I think I'd size down to a 31 next time. But really what I want to do is try something else. I'm not particularly interested in repro cuts, but the 66 seems to be quite a nice comfort fit without being sloppy looking. Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at?

Resolutes stretch a lot.

Evisu 2000 at 60's ish and keep their shape.

Correctly sized warehouse 1101 are a winner for me. As are Studio D'Artisan D60-199 or even Deime 66XX

WH1101 probably the best of the bunch suiting a western body frame.

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I love my TCB 60s, they're amongst my favourite jeans I've owned. Im wearing them exclusively at the moment for the dwc but I will start putting them in a rotation in the next few months, which means getting another pair of jeans. One thing I have found with these is that although fit is perfect post wash, after 2 weeks, they're feeling quite loose in the top box and upper thighs. I'm tempted to get another pair, but I think I'd size down to a 31 next time. But really what I want to do is try something else. I'm not particularly interested in repro cuts, but the 66 seems to be quite a nice comfort fit without being sloppy looking. Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at?

I had the same issue with my 60's until I threw them into an accidental 90degreeC wash. they shrank a whole lot to what I reckon is a perfect fit now. have barely inseam enough for a single cuff now but can't complain. you might consider to do it if you have enough inseam to take the risk.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I had the same issue with my 60's until I threw them into an accidental 90degreeC wash. they shrank a whole lot to what I reckon is a perfect fit now. have barely inseam enough for a single cuff now but can't complain. you might consider to do it if you have enough inseam to take the risk.

Going to try a hot wash today. Maybe not 90, but probably 60 or 70. I have at least 1.5" of inseam I could lose if I had to.

Think I will look at a different cut than a 60s for the next pair. I'm wearing my NP01 today, and I've decided that if I could combine the topblock of these, with the leg of the TCB60, that would be my perfect jean :-). Cheers for suggestions though all.

Edited by holio cornolio

keep wearing those 60's and you'll see the fit wil constantly improve with more wear and wash! if you never did it before just go with a 60 degree wash it will shrink and will be no harm for the denim!

• 1 month later...

So after buying a Mister Freedom jacket with the Sugar Cane '66 denim and completely falling in love with it I'm considering pulling the trigger on some '66s from Frisbee's rakuten shop since I want to buy the raw version and I have a few questions

-Should I go with the 34? I'm one of those guys stuck in 35 purgatory. I currently wear a 34 in the SC2014. I really like the cut, but the waist stretches out to 36.5" after some wear and thats about an inch more than I want. 

-Any advice on hemming with Frisbees? I'm aiming for a 31" inseam so I can have a clean single cuff with little to no break. Do they hem to pre or post wash length? 

• 3 months later...

Harsh.... I own a pair and think the cut is great. Much more flattering than some of the other better known Japanese brands take on this cut. The denim is top notch too. Just my opinion though...

you get them from the Bureau mate ?