66 type jeans

Well ... it may or may not but could be the manufacturer who may or may not but has been said to be responsible for the Nylon FN087, for instance.

When I asked them about it they gave me a cryptic answer stating that I knew "various things". I wasn't sure what that meant. Could just be a translation thing. But it's nothing that hasn't been suggested here and elsewhere before.

now you give me the cryptic thing  ;)

Qualitatively, is there much between the two construction wise?  It might be me but for example the 66 seem to have a slightly higher stitch count? I wonder whether there is much noticeable difference with the 66 being made in USA while the 47 made in Japan.

Definitely more stitching count in the 66 as far as I can see.

I decided to hold o on Sugarcane til I will buy my next antifit pair (47's) top block on Sc66 is too loose for my taste, but it will work well for you as far as I can see!

as suggested, it does seem the sc66 has a higher stitch count than the sc47, as well as some other details; overall the construction feels great on both, the sc47 have around 7 months effective wear and several washes without any noticeably weakened stitches or weakened areas in the denim

the top block of the sc66 is kind of unusual but i think would fit comfortably those who, like me, are small waist & big ass/thighs proportioned 

waistband stitching on sc66 seems to have higher stitch count

20150406_145134_zps986ajz9l.jpg

Edited by ironheartfan123

• 2 weeks later...

after much thinking and much measuring of my favourite pairs I've just pulled the trigger on the Porky's 66. I'll look forward to handle them and post my thoughts.

fit wise they should be exactly what I was after, same rise of the tcb60's with a touch cleaner silhouette and a more narrow hem (around 8.25 inches, maybe a touch more since I've asked the jeans to be hemmed at 29.5 inseam). the hem width on TCB is 9.25 so there should be a nice difference. Now I only need to hope that they'll stretch easily from 17.5 waist to 18, should be fine. I was in doubt for a while beacause of the 12 inches thigh measurement but after comparing my pairs I found out that 12 will work (my Dongs are 12 and a nice trim leg fit on me).

I went bold on a short, proper 60's hem for the first time (I should have inseam enough for a mini single cuff), let's see how this will work out. hopefully fine!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I measured my pairs the way I always do, from the crotch all the way to the thigh measuring the right leg thigh, so opposite to the crotch seam. if you measure the left leg thigh including the seam it should be slighty more of course.

after comparison with other pairs I'd say the thigh won't be a problem with me, either way. I'm only concerned with the waist. even the hip should be fine as it seems from fit pics I've found not a tight cut on the hips. it'll look tighter than the mighty IG Porky's shop fit pic I posted a page back, we'll see how much stretch I can get out of the denim!

Edited by volvo240thebest

do you guys think there is a definite 60's cut?

when i compare the fit on my Denime 66 with all the other fitpics that were posted, my pair still seems to have a wider leg and less taper (it still could be too big but right now the waist sits snug).

fitpic is in the waywt and denime threads

well there's been a fair amount of variation and tweaks on the 501's design from the late sixties, and that's one the reasons why some 66's inspired cuts are more tapered and others much less. from what I can see (the pics it's too underexposed to see really well the fit) yours for me is a perfect "true" (as I see it haha!) 66 cut.

it should be  really interesting to gather some late 60's levis fit pics photos and compare them. I suck at digging archive photos though.

that be awesome....

porky's are on their way to Italia, chainstitched and parceled as sample. final damage 17600 JPY, hell of a deal.  eagerly waiting to try them out. if things work out as I expect they'll be my DWC pair. sleeper fades for the first 6 months, crazy bastard wear from the end of TCB contest onwards!

Denime uses a zinc backside for all used rivets, is that a true 60's detail or just cheaper as full copper?

And how importNt is the color of the threads? Looking at the SCs they use a yellow thread, and my denimes have a orange/rust-brown color (real nice). I don't think that old Levi's had so many variations in just ten years.

Btw: not wearing my 66 everyday is killing me as they fit like a dream, so far I only got 4 days in them....

I am pretty stoked on your new porkys' too Volvo, hope everything works out as planned!

And how importNt is the color of the threads? Looking at the SCs they use a yellow thread, and my denimes have a orange/rust-brown color (real nice). I don't think that old Levi's had so many variations in just ten years.

Btw: not wearing my 66 everyday is killing me as they fit like a dream, so far I only got 4 days in them....

I am pretty stoked on your new porkys' too Volvo, hope everything works out as planned!

perhaps the color on the thread of my sc66s of which ive posted photos is not coming through, but it's indeed stitched with orange/rustish-color thread throughout, except for a single yellow thread down the front of the fly; ive been wearing the sc66s every day..they're extremely comfortable without looking *too* sloppy

Edited by ironheartfan123