DSCF6511_zps703830cc.jpg

DSCF6507_zpsb065ff60.jpg

One of the first challenges:

nrWYc2i.jpg

Wearing them hypebeast style  :ph34r:  :P

GOJOGf3.jpg

They could still do this after more than a year:

vu3Zlvf.jpg

And to get some more progress I hired someone to fade my jeans while I wasn't wearing them:

0UNSfmb.jpg

More pictures coming in later today or tomorrow.

Edited by greathoudini

Unbranded Model Number 121

Super Heavyweight - 21 oz

Competitor number HC-RD-02

1 Wash total

I've been wearing these pants through the latter half of high school, and they've become my go to pants for a long time. I even tried to fade out "LHS15" back right pocket for my high school and the year of graduation (2015!!!!), but the wire frame was ultimately retired to make space for that notebook.

My update thread is here (http://forum.rawrdenim.com/showthread.php?72271-UB-121-Grimtomato-HWDC2). It used to be the most viewed Fade progression thread out on their forum!

However since Sufu's got a nice submissions thread going (and Rawrdenim doesn't), I suppose I'll be posting here!

Final Fit Pictures! - Old pants with even older Dunks (thanks to Eric Wong for taking so many of my fitpics!)

nDv1TWy.jpgdaMd4hv.jpg

hmHtz1y.jpg

zBueNqm.jpg

Original Fit Pictures!

3vbQ0ed.jpg

726ShBO.jpg

Some Favorites:

With my best friend, Shrek. - Poorly edited Donkey me

IHr6vte.jpg

And adoption puppies! Helping out a local shelter adoption event.

TWV6dVb.jpgAnd of course, we can't miss high school dances. She's got a couple pairs of raw denims now as well. Not super heavy but she's got some cool fade projects going on in her pockets.

6u1xAUK.png

And everything I carry around almost every day. I made all of the leather things I've got in my EDC, and jeans are really what got me into working leather. For anyone interested in what I've made drop by here.

fdAOaV3.jpg

Thanks for looking through all of these. Looking back at it, those Dunks were and still are my go to sneakers. If you really want to get a lot more to look at, you can visit my thread (link at the top) or either of my Imgur accounts (I overloaded one with too many denim pics) at here or here. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by grimtomato

Worst lighting and picture quality ever, but it is the best I can do sadly.  They are near white in the sun in the faded areas.  I love these jeans to death and will have them for the rest of my life so I already won and I feel the true beauty of these jeans is best witnessed in person, as with most jeans.

P.S. only the back stitching has broken in any capacity which I have had repaired along the way by Russell of Circle A Brand as he lives near my grandparents.

E0Lsjx9.jpg

Ia5vSuz.jpgcI6wm1w.jpg

Edited by FLDenim211

Actually....gotta amend this slightly as I promised a user that he could submit today/ tomorrow due to personal circumstance (not being at home).

Awaiting Dingo.

Thank you so much Mega… Here we go:

IH634S, 24 months of wear (although not on a daily basis in the last 6 months, can´t wear them to work any longer, UNFORTUNATELY!). I love this pair, they´re probably the piece of denim that has seen some of the most important moments of my life so far: I finished university in them (including acing all my exams wearing them), proposed to the best person in the world in them and married wearing them. And so much more. They are tough as nails: in the last contest, my Samurais were not in such a great condition as these IH634S are – they still have a lot more life in them, and I still wear them whenever I can.

01.JPG

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

I have shrunken them down for the forum… Pics with full resolution can be downloaded here: Archive.zip

Well shit, stupid me, I thought final deadline was today. That's what I get for not double checking -_-; Been so busy with school/work I haven't even been on SuFu for so long.

Even if I can't be considered for final review, I'll just post some of my pictures here anyway for comparison. :-\

Sams 710 19oz, size 30, hemmed to approximately 33". No washes, many soaks. Even so, student life = not much jeans wear.

yRT7rs2.jpg?1

5NVmLYb.jpg

YjshuIp.jpg?1

EdQn3fK.jpg?1

SROpReC.jpg?1

Edited by who8mahrice

• 4 weeks later...

The category winners of the HWDC2 will be announced tomorrow, Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight. The Champion will be announced on June 1st.

Megatron1505, on 08 Apr 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:snapback.png

If there are more than 25 final submissions I will eat my jeans.....though not the new Sammies as they would break my teeth.

HWDC2 Category Winners Announcement

It’s been a great couple of years of competition and shared experience. The results seen and the fun had by all those who have stuck with the contest to the end have made it so worthwhile and I don’t think that it is an exaggeration to say that this contest has seen some of the most stunning worn denim produced anywhere, by anyone, which is what this is all about.

We started out with around 250 competitors and through natural attrition, loss of interest, change in personal circumstance and life in general we finished with 27 final submissions. Whilst this may not sound like a lot in comparison to how we began it is about as many as I expected. A denim contest begins with enthusiasm from all, but to actually commit yourself to one pair of jeans for a full two years is quite difficult for some, we have to supress our natural desires to buy more and different, and then spend time wearing our new purchases, this is where I struggle personally.

Those who did make it through this 24 month endurance contest I think we can all agree provided everyone spectating with some fantastic moments of voyeuristic denim pleasure in their adventures and evolution. Everyone who crossed the finish line deserves a debt of thanks from the rest of us who followed their journey, such dedication is rare, such shared dedication is almost unheard of.

The judges have been studying the final submissions for almost a month now, and it has been far from easy. The judging actually went through to a second round when no clear winner was determined by the first official votes, but we are finally in a position to announce, without further delay, the category winners of the Heavyweight World Denim Championships Round 2.

The winners will be decided for both the Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight categories, with both competitors being put through to the final judging stage to be crowned the Grand Champion of the HWDC2, this will be announced on June 1st . 

The category Champions of the Heavyweight Denim Contest Round 2 are…..

Heavyweight Champion – Cander49

Super Heavyweight Champion – Fanya

Honourable mentions must go to the following guys who also scored very high in the judging, and forced it to a second round.

Max Power

Bobbo

Tong SF

El Toro

Slowitchu

Thank you everyone for your support, and allowing us to share your last 2 years with you.