TCB

9 hours ago, heavydoom said:

tcb makes stuff for other people as well.  there may be a blanket lined jacket coming for next fall/winter though.  may.

Yes they do other brands aswell. I learnt last summer at the factory that they are making now the jeans of one of my favorite brand of all time ! But Inoue told me to keep it secret....

Makes sense. I remember seeing garments which were labeled under a different brand but had all the details of the TCB brand. Even used the same "international world jeans" copper buttons.

I'd still like to see a proper Lee repro jacket made by Inue

if you read his blogs on the happyjeans site you see sometimes how the tcb staff sandblast the crap out of some denim items and you can already deduct from that that tcb makes things for others.

1 hour ago, Niro said:

Yea i was looking at getting pair of Workers jeans while back. 

Do these other brands source their own denim and then give to TCB to produce into products?

I think it depends; sometimes sewing factories keep extra fabric on hand and can get working right away. They might be able to get it for you too, though it's possible that will cost a bit extra if they want to charge a bit of fee for that service. You can always source your own fabric/hardware/etc though and provide it to the sewing factory to use. 

So, hypothetically, you could buy scratch-and-sniff denim on your own and ask a sewing factory like TCB to sew it into jeans for you, if you like.

5 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

The general consensus in them is that they're stubborn to fade! I think the direct sunlight highlights fades a lot. Anyhoo that's very very promising @cottonskinblues

That is promising! I’m honestly surprised myself at this point

Feck, did Inoue change the denim on these jeans or I'm just an amateur fader?
I remember the first 9 months of wear my 50s were SLOOOOW to show any progress.
The last two pairs posted are ridicolous!